Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

Hard to understand but if we get the results and or make enough chances to win then the decision not to play him is justified. My worry is when he comes on later in games hes been arguably our best player, surely he should start the next game? 

• Like 1

I don't know whether Gerrard is playing both our 'best' strikers together today to prove to Lange and Purslow we need to improve that area.

I'd love us to find a viable system in which Buendia could start alongside Coutinho though

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

We're in a bad way behind the scenes if that's what needs to happen. The manager should just say it and the DOF should agree if it's the reality.

3421. It's the one that makes use of all our better players IMO. Brighton and Chelsea control most games with it.

I wholeheartedly concur with this.

Carlos Chambers Mings
Cash Kamara Ramsey Digne
Buendia Coutinho
Watkins

Ramsey would have to be a little more disciplined but I think that would work a treat. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

One of the fan clubs on Facebook have said Gerrard said this is our strongest line up. I cant find a quote but wouldnt surprise me

Going be a long season

Surely not.

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

Hard to understand but if we get the results and or make enough chances to win then the decision not to play him is justified. My worry is when he comes on later in games hes been arguably our best player, surely he should start the next game? 

I have often thought that he is much better and more effective when he comes on for the last 30 minutes or so, compared to when he starts matches. Maybe Gerrard is getting it spot on and using him in this way is bringing the best out of him.

The effective use of subs is becoming more and more important. That’s why Eddie Jones refers to his as finishers. They aren’t reserves or subs, they are specifically chosen to cause damage later on in the match.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

One of the fan clubs on Facebook have said Gerrard said this is our strongest line up. I cant find a quote but wouldnt surprise me

Going be a long season

I think it's clear he sees this as our strongest lineup. 

I'll guess we will see if it is. 

5 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Hopefully Neil Critchley will spot this and have enough of a say to implement change.

As far as I'm concerned Buendia is our best player, and yet he doesn't start. Weird 

You can say that again.

• Haha 1

We need to keep the ball as well as we can when we play this narrow, especially in the forward areas. Watkins just doesn't allow us to do that. All Ramsey's and Coutinho's quick, sharp passes that could open up space with a one-two just don't come back. 

Having EMI involved as well would make that work a lot more effectively. 

Edited by May-Z

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I really don’t understand the constant clambering for him to start. For every good ball he plays there are three examples of him dallying on the ball or being dispossessed. Incredibly frustrating player to watch.

Agree, he does some lovely things but either is final ball is poor or he gets dispossessed. He’s been poor today but the pitch hasn’t helped his game. 

• Like 1

Â