Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

35 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Whether he created any real chances last night doesnt matter he is always looking to create chances and not just play safe.

But often times it's better to play the easy option to keep the attack flowing. 

David Silva was a master of it. 

Edited by villalad21

2 hours ago, useless said:

McGinn, Luiz, Ings and El Ghazi, Young, and Bailey all have more or the same amount of assists as Buendia this season, with the exception of Luiz and Young, they've all scored more than him as well, as have a few others like Konsa, Archer, and Ramsey. Buendia is improving and he had a good game last night, but I don't think it's true to say we have no creativity without him.

Yes but El Ghazi and Bailey are out injured. And playing ings and watkins in the same lineup is a difficult proposition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

@DCJonah exactly what I was getting at. No one else from our squad is on this list.

I'm not sure that proves that we have no creativity without him. 

Mcginn has created much better chances than Buendia against Norwich and Leicester. Carney got an assist last night. Ings and Watkins are capable of creating chances as are Targett and Cash. 

For me it shows the huge opportunity that he brings. He's high in chances created without a huge amount of game time and without really clicking yet with others around him. Where most of the fan base thinks he's been a bit hit and miss.

Imagine when that gels and he starts to understand the runs Watkins and others will make. 

5 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Genuine question, is there a definition of “chance created”?, i.e. what did you have to do to be chalked up as creating a chance.

I’m asking because I wouldn’t have said, just on the basis of watching him play, that Buendia creates a lot of what I would count as “chances”.

Give it a few weeks until Gerard/Beale get their system and positioning fully ingrained in the team. Buendia will light up when those around him are on the same wavelength and are all 100% fit. He can be an exceptional player.

(The 100% fit part of the above paragraph might take a little longer with our current luck)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Genuine question, is there a definition of “chance created”?, i.e. what did you have to do to be chalked up as creating a chance.

I’m asking because I wouldn’t have said, just on the basis of watching him play, that Buendia creates a lot of what I would count as “chances”.

A pass leading to a shot. And historically he has been dominant in this category we just haven't been playing in a way particularly conducive to that as a whole. He could definitely do with another winger instead of young playing who is a threat to run in behind or shoot. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

A pass leading to a shot. And historically he has been dominant in this category we just haven't been playing in a way particularly conducive to that as a whole. He could definitely do with another winger instead of young playing who is a threat to run in behind or shoot. 

Football reference has a slightly different stat called SCA( Shot Creating Action) which Buendia is also #3 for our team even with his limited minutes for the season. 

20 hours ago, osmark86 said:

The man knows how to find that spicy pass. He gets swamped sometimes and loses possession but he's a baller imo. Works hard off the ball too which is a great attribute.

Definitely. He has some of the best defensive stats for a winger/attacking midfielder in the league. One of the most progressive passers and high on chances created. He's being dispossed 3 times per match on average which is a lot. But the narrative that he's been shit thats being touted by some simply isn't true when you look at the statistics. Unless you chose to focus him being dispossessed and ignore everything else off course. 

I think he's created a few chances and in spells has been superb. But I just don't think its enough. I don't think he's shit, I don't think he'll be a failure of a signing. I just don't think he's done enough so far and I'm sure he'd probably agree. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think he's created a few chances and in spells has been superb. But I just don't think its enough. I don't think he's shit, I don't think he'll be a failure of a signing. I just don't think he's done enough so far and I'm sure he'd probably agree. 

The way he reacted when he got subbed I'd tend to agree with the final sentence 

Â