Eurovision 2021

Demitri_C

Arse, I didn't know it was on. Haven't got an Aeriel lead for telly yet and no internet either.

Was there any decent clunge? 😁

• Haha 1

Well our song wasn't great but it wasn't the worst one and it wasn't a nul points one. Was it Brexit, our plentiful supply of jabs or do they really not like us?  We are the Millwall of Eurovision aren't we? We could enter Elvis, the Beatles or Ozzy Osbourne, an we would still get: 

Gift Insanity TERRY WOGAN NUL POINTS EUROVISION 45mm novelty badge:  Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games  

Just now, John said:

Well our song wasn't great but it wasn't the worst one and it wasn't a nul points one. Was it Brexit, our plentiful supply of jabs or do they really not like us?  We are the Millwall of Eurovision aren't we? We could enter Elvis, the Beatles or Ozzy Osbourne, an we would still get: 

Gift Insanity TERRY WOGAN NUL POINTS EUROVISION 45mm novelty badge:  Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games  

On balance was there 11 acts better than the UK. Absolutely. If we picked up any points it would be a miracle. We weren’t winners, we weren’t the best, we weren’t the worst but there were at least 11 acts that were better than us and that is all that mattered. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

😂rock and roll never dies

So relieved because you know, I was really worried for second there.

Think my biggest takeaway is Graham Norton really doesn't have a **** clue what constitutes "thrash metal".

Ukraine deserved to win for somehow managing to be a perfect hybrid of Fever Ray, Gogol Bordello and the pro-wrestling episode of It's Always Sunny.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Arse, I didn't know it was on. Haven't got an Aeriel lead for telly yet and no internet either.

Lots. A bumper year. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Don’t we usually pick up a couple of pity points off Malta and Ireland? We’ve clearly pissed off the last couple of “friends”.

That, or the fact that the song was rubbish :D 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I'm not arsed about the UK coming last again. The thing that annoyed me most is how metal/heavy music is still so obviously looked down upon as if it's some sort of joke...

Thing is, it's never even proper metal, it's always massively watered down. You never get any shredding guitar solos, for example. 

(Having said that, I must admit that I do think of metal as a bit of a joke). 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

We've all had worse !

489210119.jpg

Edited by mottaloo

Â