Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

Apparently Sociedad has bought out the buy back clause from Dortmund in Alexander Isak's contract so he's now 100% a Real Sociedad player. Cost then a couple € million but less than €10m so good deal for them considering half of the top clubs in Europe are interested after him having 2 solid games at the Euro's.

They are also looking to tie him down to a new contract with a higher release clause than the current €70m.

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Surprised dortmund agreed

I thought he was their safety net for next summer if Haaland leaves 

Was possibly something that was already in the contract. Pay (insert sum) to buy out the buy-back clause kinda thing.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Apparently Sociedad has bought out the buy back clause from Dortmund in Alexander Isak's contract so he's now 100% a Real Sociedad player. Cost then a couple € million but less than €10m so good deal for them considering half of the top clubs in Europe are interested after him having 2 solid games at the Euro's.

They are also looking to tie him down to a new contract with a higher release clause than the current €70m.

Wow! Had him nailed on for a return to Dortmund. Surely a pre-agreed fee to do it, I agree.

When we were signing Wes for £20m, Sociedad were signing Isak for £13m and putting him on £20k a week :detect:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wow! Had him nailed on for a return to Dortmund. Surely a pre-agreed fee to do it, I agree.

When we were signing Wes for £20m, Sociedad were signing Isak for £13m and putting him on £20k a week :detect:

Think they might be hoping to hold on to Haaland for another season and then hope that Youssoufa Moukoko can step up despite only being a kid.

But yeah, if Haaland is sold this summer then Isak for a season or 2 for €30m while Moukoko develops would have made sense. They will have a hole to fill if Haaland is sold now before the release clause kicks in next summer.

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Watford signing Dennis from Brugge. Decent pick up for them. Konsa to bully him first game though 

0 goals in 9 games in Germany last season while on loan at Koln. Watford will need better output than that from him.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Surprised dortmund agreed

I thought he was their safety net for next summer if Haaland leaves 

Apparently he had a pretty horrible time there first time around. 

In the same way you probably don't keep a player who wants to leave, you probably don't chuck £30m at someone who doesn't want to join you.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Watford also signed Ashley Fletcher, which I thought was a strange signing, he'll be 26 in October and only scored more than five league goals in a season once.

Him from dream team? 

5 hours ago, useless said:

Watford also signed Ashley Fletcher, which I thought was a strange signing, he'll be 26 in October and only scored more than five league goals in a season once.

Wow, missed that.

He's a fella who could be so good if you could get some confidence into him.

Not dissimilar from El Ghazi where if he had even a moderate amount of belief, so could shake the real bad performances, he'd probably be a top half Premier League starter.

On 21/06/2021 at 12:55, Zatman said:

Calhanoglu from Milan to Inter on a free. Its no Sol Campbell but I think Inter might have been conned by his wanting a new contract form

He's really not that good. Just highlights reel smashing in free kick once every 4-5 games. His passing in Turkey in final third has been abysmal and Milan have much better midfielders.

Guess Inter picked him up knowing Eriksen won't ever play again but he's not close to being in the same class.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's really not that good. Just highlights reel smashing in free kick once every 4-5 games. His passing in Turkey in final third has been abysmal and Milan have much better midfielders.

Guess Inter picked him up knowing Eriksen won't ever play again but he's not close to being in the same class.

He had a good 18 months for Milan and except Bennacer and Kessie he was the best midfielder in that time, MIlan lost him and Donnarumma for free