Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

3 hours ago, useless said:

Marcus Maddison has signed for Spalding United. He was being talked about as a potential signing for us when we were in the championship.

Who?!

They play in the the Northern Premier League Division One South East, their manager Gabriel Zakuani is a former teammate of Maddison's when they were both at Peterborough together.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, useless said:

They play in the the Northern Premier League Division One South East, their manager Gabriel Zakuani is a former teammate of Maddison's when they were both at Peterborough together.

I'm not based in the UK but I feel I have a decent basic knowledge of the lower leagues from FM and checking scores etc. but they were a new one for me sorry.

On 18/05/2021 at 22:34, useless said:

Marcus Maddison has signed for Spalding United. He was being talked about as a potential signing for us when we were in the championship.

Where the hell did it all go wrong?!?

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Where the hell did it all go wrong?!?

He's had issues off the pitch, tweeted a few weeks ago he was taking a break from pro football due to pressure he was playing under.

Guess it's a case of just finding enjoyment from playing again and finding it even at low level.

• Like 1

Kieran gibbs is joining inter miami on a free

Was trying to track which frees have already been agreed, alaba to real Madrid etc but its hard to find them all through the guff from the likes of goal who are more interested in talking shite about who might join who 

17 hours ago, Hornso said:

I'm not based in the UK but I feel I have a decent basic knowledge of the lower leagues from FM and checking scores etc. but they were a new one for me sorry.

I drove through Spalding once. It was closed. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's had issues off the pitch, tweeted a few weeks ago he was taking a break from pro football due to pressure he was playing under.

Guess it's a case of just finding enjoyment from playing again and finding it even at low level.

Seems to class himself as a full time streamer now looking at his instagram. Looks like he'd rather play FIFA than real football

He was a bit outspoken as a player wasn't he? I remember him briefly from Peterboro I think

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Florian Thauvin to Tigres, stunning. I thought he'd look good in a Villa shirt but he's off to Mexico.

I know transfers aren't always straightforward, but I thought his form at Marseille was quite good. Although Tigres is a strong team, I'm still a bit surprised to see him move to Liga MX.

Maybe they enticed him with (CONCACAF) Champions League football.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I know transfers aren't always straightforward, but I thought his form at Marseille was quite good. Although Tigres is a strong team, I'm still a bit surprised to see him move to Liga MX.

The promise of half filled MLS stadia sealed it.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, JamieZ said:

Had a couple of French players there over the last few years I think.  Gignac's still there, too.

• Like 2

AC Milan signing Lille keeper Mike Maignan for €10m. Safe to assume Donnarumma won't be there next season.

Lille are ending up just Monaco when they won the title and will be absolutely torn apart in the summer. 

16 minutes ago, sne said:

AC Milan signing Lille keeper Mike Maignan for €10m. Safe to assume Donnarumma won't be there next season.

Lille are ending up just Monaco when they won the title and will be absolutely torn apart in the summer. 

Donnarumma is gone so is Calhanoglu. Calhanoglu is going to Saudi Arabia but Donnarumma is a mystery where he can end up