Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

On 07/06/2021 at 12:22, villan-scott said:

Chelsea going hard for Haaland apparently. I’d love to see him in the Premier League. Raiola will make it difficult no doubt, and whoever gets him will have to pay through the nose for him!

Haaland is an absolute monster...  Seeing him in the Premier League would be amazing.  I specifically went out of my way to watch a few Dortmund games last season, specifically because he's such a talent.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do they have a manager?

No, and the new DOF appointment essentially reset everything for both manager and player searches.

Brilliant to watch from the outside.

• Like 1

Gerson from flamengo to marseille for 20m

Pedrinho from benfica to shakhtar 18m

Hamsik has joined trabzsponspor or whatever they're called 

Man City bought another young South American, kayky chagas from fluminese 

• Like 1

Manchester United have had a £67m bid for England winger Jadon Sancho turned down by Borussia Dortmund.

The German club want about £77.5m for the 21-year-old, with an additional £4.25m bonus payment on top.

BBC Sport also understands that in addition to the fee not being high enough, United wanted to pay it over five years when Dortmund are only willing for it to extend to four.

United are now considering whether to revise their offer.

I could have told them £67m wasn’t going to be enough.

BBC

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I could have told them £67m wasn’t going to be enough.

BBC

Bunch of cheap bastards. 

Its like they do'n't want to buy anyone. Just go through the motions. 

18 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

The whole Sancho/Manchester United saga is getting old real fast. Why did they seriously think £67million would be enough to convince Dortmund to sell him. Seems like just a stunt on United's part. 

No, it's getting old at a glacially slow pace. I think it's actually gotten stuck somewhere in the pace-time continuum. Our children's children will grow up with an implicit recognition of the Sancho to Manchester United saga but none of them will know what it means or whence it came.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Gerson from flamengo to marseille for 20m

Pedrinho from benfica to shakhtar 18m

Hamsik has joined trabzsponspor or whatever they're called 

Man City bought another young South American, kayky chagas from fluminese 

sounds like an infant who has had a mishap.

Man Utd under Fergie always used to put in low bids. The difference between then and now is that they don’t have the pull they used to. Before if a club turned down a bid from them players would moan and be disillusioned, forcing the hand of the selling club. Now players just carry on, as Utd aren’t winning trophies 

Another top notch player reveal by Barca? Apparently you can buy the Depay jersey on their online shop before the player has been presented.

Not sure if they are acting like amateurs on purpose by this point.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Another top notch player reveal by Barca? Apparently you can buy the Depay jersey on their online shop before the player has been presented.

Not sure if they are acting like amateurs on purpose by this point.

Unless your his parents, who else pays 160 euros for an Eric Garcia jersey 

• Like 1

That Football Database website that @villa4europe mentioned is very addictive. From reading it obsessively, I can now bring you up to date that Gary Hooper has moved from Kerala Blasters to Wellington in the A-League*, that Yaya Toure has become Assistant Manager at Akhmat Grozny in Chechnya (brave man) and that Maicon has signed with a club playing in the Sammarinese league.

*Perhaps Kerala Blasters needed to cheer themselves up, and that's why they signed a guy called Sanjeev Stalin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That Football Database website that @villa4europe mentioned is very addictive. From reading it obsessively, I can now bring you up to date that Gary Hooper has moved from Kerala Blasters to Wellington in the A-League*, that Yaya Toure has become Assistant Manager at Akhmat Grozny in Chechnya (brave man) and that Maicon has signed with a club playing in the Sammarinese league.

*Perhaps Kerala Blasters needed to cheer themselves up, and that's why they signed a guy called Sanjeev Stalin.

Thats a Mussolini and a Stalin signed in recent months

• Haha 1