Summer 2021 transfer thread

villa4europe

14 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I suspect covid hit Dortmund hard. But from a Man Utd pov it seems like a smart signing. Pricy but the right position for them.

He plays the same position as Rashford, though. Both have played by far their best football at LW.

26 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

He plays the same position as Rashford, though. Both have played by far their best football at LW.

he played twice as much on the right last season as he did on the left

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he played twice as much on the right last season as he did on the left

Read my post again, I said he plays his best football on the left. It's just my opinion, but I think he looks far better when he's cutting in.

11 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Read my post again, I said he plays his best football on the left. It's just my opinion, but I think he looks far better when he's cutting in.

Well to be fair, what you said was 'He plays the same position as Rashford, though', which seems unlikely to be how United see their roles (IMO). I would think in most games both will start, one on either side, rather than it being either/or.

However, we will find out soon enough one way or the other.

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Great signing 

That they don't need... 

Uncle Jorge special, not sure where it leaves traore 

Wouldn't be surprised to see one of him or Neto leaving. Although Neto's injury probably killed a bit of interest.

They also have Podence as well.

They'd do well to cash in Traore as Neto is the potential superstar.

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Great signing 

That they don't need... 

Uncle Jorge special, not sure where it leaves traore 

Danny Murphy will be so puzzled why Wolves loaned him to Besiktas or Panathinaikos

• Like 1

balerdi to marseille from dortmund 8m

strootman to cagliari on loan

Perraud from brest to southampton 13m

jack harrison signed for leeds from man city 13m

juan musso udinese to atalanta 20m

musacchio released by lazio

Sounds like Barca are desperately getting rid of a bunch of players in the hope of lowering their wage bill and getting Messi on a new contract. Part of me would love to see Messi play in another league but it seems likely he'll stay at Barca, even if it means a pay cut. A lot of his issues were with the former (awful) president they had. 

From Messi’s point of view I guess he’d like to stay. Kids in school, house all how he wants it, last year of 2 of his career. 
It would be a ball ache to move to England, France or the USA at this stage.

He could probably just pay for someone to build a full replica of his house, pack up his stuff, and unpack it all exactly how it was, in his new house.

If I had that kind of money, I'd do some truly ludicrous things :D 

16 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Sounds like Barca are desperately getting rid of a bunch of players in the hope of lowering their wage bill and getting Messi on a new contract. Part of me would love to see Messi play in another league but it seems likely he'll stay at Barca, even if it means a pay cut. A lot of his issues were with the former (awful) president they had. 

It sounds like they're that much in the shit they'd have to do it regardless

Also a quick wiki says Trincao signed for £25m started 3 games and made 25 sub appearances, less than 700 minutes of football last season, junior firpo 3 starts 4 sub appearances less than 300 minutes 

The riqui puig saga looks like its worth some popcorn too, laporta gave him thr new contract and used him to launch the new kit last week, posing with him in the official photos, started 2 games last season, laporta refuses to sell him and wants him to play more 

Oriel Busquets has left on a free, Carles Alena should leave in the next week 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Leeds getting Junior Firpo is quite the coup. Still to be finalized but looks imminent. 

Good, potentially brilliant, signing again from Leeds.

They were in for Perraud who's gone to Saints as well. Wonder who was first choice.

Perraud would definitely fit them a bit better from the off I think. Bielsa will turn Firpo into a monster if he's up for the training.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Good, potentially brilliant, signing again from Leeds.

They were in for Perraud who's gone to Saints as well. Wonder who was first choice.

Perraud would definitely fit them a bit better from the off I think. Bielsa will turn Firpo into a monster if he's up for the training.

Firpo was very exciting to watch at Betis. Will fit into Leeds no problem bombing up and down the left as he has higher level than Allioski.

• Like 2