Euro 2021 general chat

villa4europe

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Didn't nick pope start the last games? 

Dont know if he's injured and his kicking was shit but that's one hell of demotion 

he had surgery recently

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

pretty close i reckon but it leaves 4 right backs in the squad. i'd expect reece james to drop out and probably either greenwood or saka to make the cut

Ah yes. Reece James for Greenwood I expect.

This would be my final 26 from this list: (red omitted)😁

PROVISIONAL 33-MAN ENGLAND SQUAD FOR EURO 2020

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield United

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Ben Godfrey (Everton), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City, Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben White (Brighton)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (West Ham), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa),

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Man City), Mason Greenwood (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

Edited by markc
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, markc said:

This would be my final 26 from this list: (red omitted)😁

PROVISIONAL 33-MAN ENGLAND SQUAD FOR EURO 2020

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Brom), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield United

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Ben Godfrey (Everton), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City, Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben White (Brighton)

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (West Ham), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa),

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Man City), Mason Greenwood (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Man City), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

unsure of how you can omit bellingham but keep henderson but each to his own!

• Thanks 1

I don't think Henderson will be anywhere near fit

Ramsdale, Henderson, James, Watkins, Lingard, White, JWP to miss out

Personally I'd cut saka and keep Watkins, I like him a lot but don't think he'll actually play, it's come too soon for him 

Sterling will start vs Croatia 

Seems kind of pointless having a 33, then trimming it to 26. Why not just pick the 26 now and have 5 odd on standby if he has concerns on some players injuries?

Unless this is to evolve to some reality tv show next week with Southgate telling each player if they are in or out and one of them to trash the office like Gazza in 98.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Konsa and Tomori have both had very good seasons and can cover different positions. They should be in over White and Godfrey. 

Guessing he’s picked the 33 to get Maguire and Henderson fit and to await European finals and any injuries. 

Still don’t think we can be disappointed with 3 in there.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Some UK squads have been announced ...

BBC: Alan Shearer, Alex Scott, Rio Ferdinand, Micah Richards, Ashley Williams, Mark Hughes, James McFadden, Shelley Kerr, Charlie Adam, Thierry Henry, Cesc Fabregas, Jurgen Klinsmann

ITV: Ian Wright, Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Patrick Vieira, Graeme Souness, Ashley Cole, Eni Aluko, Robert Earnshaw, Emma Hayes, Nigel de Jong, John Collins, Joe Ledley, Nadia Nadim, Scott Brown and Andros Townsend

Emma Hayes should be decent. Shame Carney isn't on the list. Surely better than Scott Brown or Charlie Adam.

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Seems kind of pointless having a 33, then trimming it to 26. Why not just pick the 26 now and have 5 odd on standby if he has concerns on some players injuries?

Unless this is to evolve to some reality tv show next week with Southgate telling each player if they are in or out and one of them to trash the office like Gazza in 98.

Pretty sure it isn't pointless. 12 of the 33 still have to play Thursday(Europa league final) and Saturday(Champs league final) that leaves 21 players to play on Wednesday vs Austria.The 12 still playing obviously wont be in training with the England squad untill after the first friendly. 

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Then again, it's not as if he'd be left out for someone rubbish.

England have the first choice right-back from the Premier League winners, La Liga winners, probable Europa League winners and both Champions League finalists. And none of those players are Alexander-Arnold.

Quite amazing when you put it like that. Someone very good is going to be very disappointed.

Just now, Jono62 said:

Emma Hayes should be decent. Shame Carney isn't on the list. Surely better than Scott Brown or Charlie Adam.

I feel ITV have a higher ceiling and a lower floor. So they'll be interesting in one way or another.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Congrats to Jack, Ollie and Ty.

Think Targett and Konsa can feel a little hard done by after the great seasons they've had. 

Shaw and Chillwell are excellent left backs so can understand why Targett is not in.

Konsa can feel hard done by, but it's not surprise he's not in either.

Â