Euro 2021 general chat

villa4europe

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Quite amazing when you put it like that. Someone very good is going to be very disappointed.

The guy who starts every week for man utd can't get a sniff of the squad either 

City, Liverpool, Chelsea, utd, villa, Leeds, Everton all have an English starting RB as well as trippier at atletico, arsenal dont have an english starter but have chambers and saka can also play there 

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Konsa and Tomori have both had very good seasons and can cover different positions. They should be in over White and Godfrey. 

Godfrey has played at full-back more times for Everton than Konsa has for us.

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The guy who starts every week for man utd can't get a sniff of the squad either 

City, Liverpool, Chelsea, utd, villa, Leeds, Everton all have an English starting RB as well as trippier at atletico, arsenal dont have an english starter but have chambers and saka can also play there 

Then you've got Max Aarons who apparently the biggest clubs in Europe want to spend £30m on, Lamptey at Brighton who everyone loved for 15 minutes, Justin at Leicester, Walker-Peters was one of Southampton's best players this season, Maitland-Niles played for England as recently as six months ago...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

Shaw and Chillwell are excellent left backs so can understand why Targett is not in.

Konsa can feel hard done by, but it's not surprise he's not in either.

Shaw a good premier league left back but he's physical approach could work against us in international football. The refs aren't so biased towards the ludicrous 6 players antics. 

The BBC line up looks horrendous.  The days of criticising the ITV coverage in comparsion to the beeb's as long gone.  Surely its time to pension Lineker off. Say it every time but why is James Richardson always overlooked for any TV gig- unless he doesn't want to do it any more.

Fan led punditry/analysis is by and large far better than the safety first dull tv coverage which seems mostly about banter and such things. 

Apparently the kids love it even though they don't watch telly.

Stuntpegg on Youtube for example talks more sense in 10 minutes than a season of Micah Richards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The BBC line up looks horrendous.  The days of criticising the ITV coverage in comparsion to the beeb's as long gone.  Surely its time to pension Lineker off. Say it every time but why is James Richardson always overlooked for any TV gig- unless he doesn't want to do it any more.

Fan led punditry/analysis is by and large far better than the safety first dull tv coverage which seems mostly about banter and such things. 

Apparently the kids love it even though they don't watch telly.

Stuntpegg on Youtube for example talks more sense in 10 minutes than a season of Micah Richards.

In fairness to him, Line acre isn't even the problem. He's just the host, not there for his pearls of wisdom. Alan bloody Shearer, Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry, even Micah Richards bless him isn't going to tell you something you don't already know, but at least he adds a fun factor which is needed and which the other 3 cliquey f*ckers certainly won't add.

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

In fairness to him, Line acre isn't even the problem. He's just the host, not there for his pearls of wisdom. Alan bloody Shearer, Rio Ferdinand, Thierry Henry, even Micah Richards bless him isn't going to tell you something you don't already know, but at least he adds a fun factor which is needed and which the other 3 cliquey f*ckers certainly won't add.

No I disagree. He is the ringleader of the tormentors and is responsible for the year on year decline in standards, professionalism and actual analysis.

You wouldn't have got Lynam, Brooking and Hansen talking such shite.

This is probably sounding like old man shouting at clouds but basically the BBC has moved away from actual qualified presenters with a background in either radio or local newspapers, to recently retired sportsmen or women as they are 'characters'. Apparently that is what people want.

I think it was about 2000 that BBC sport was separated from BBC news internally and boy does it show. 

No doubt the BBC cricket hundred will be just like this.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

No I disagree. He is the ringleader of the tormentors and is responsible for the year on year decline in standards, professionalism and actual analysis.

This is probably sounding like old man shouting at clouds but basically the BBC has moved away from actual qualified presenters with a background in either radio or local newspapers, to recently retired sportsmen or women as they are 'characters'. Apparently that is what people want.

I think it was about 2000 that BBC sport was separated from BBC news internally and boy does it show. 

I noticed how you left Lawrenson out though

20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

FWIW I love a bit of Old man shouting at clouds. Have at it, I say :thumb:

I really hope one day Southgate can give a direct answer to something. If either of those are playing CM then what is the point in our actual CMs? Also he 'thinks' Trent can play CM, surely he should know as his bullshit reason for selecting him is claiming he can? Flashbacks of the excuses about Grealish...needs to grow a pair.

Edited by Tom13

33 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Probably because he is a dreadful pundit who talks utter rubbish.

He really is. A lot of pundits talk rubbish, but Dion talks it constantly.

54 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Footballers dont make good pundits , managers make better ones. You used to have Malcolm Allison, Brian Clough, Ron Atkinson, Graham Taylor. I rated Hansen but Linekar is dreadful, Shearer as dull as dishwater, Ian Wright rubbish and Micha Richards drags its down to under 5 level. 

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I really hope one day Southgate can give a direct answer to something. If either of those are playing CM then what is the point in our actual CMs? Also he 'thinks' Trent can play CM, surely he should know as his bullshit reason for selecting him is claiming he can? Flashbacks of the excuses about Grealish...needs to grow a pair.

At least he didn't finish with all the positions Mason Mount can play.

52 minutes ago, BOF said:

FWIW I love a bit of Old man shouting at clouds. Have at it, I say :thumb:

Once in a blue moon Shannon Sharpe will talk about "soccer" and when he does it's usually fantastic.

• Like 1

Â