Euro 2021 general chat

villa4europe

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes but England have a much better squad now than in the world cup. Foden outshone Mbappe in the champions league games. I think England have a great chance. 

not with our defence we dont, southgate is **** clueless too, we have the attack to get us out of the shit and maybe send us further than we should go but i dont think its unrealistic to say we go out in the 2nd round, if the WC draw was favourable 3 years ago a 2nd round draw vs portugal, germany or france definitely isnt 

France's to lose IMO, they have the depth and a great age range / mix of youth and experience but they also then have the group of death, the vs portugal should be a great game

• Like 2

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Kante, Mbappe, Benzema, Hernandez, Pogba and Lloris would easily get in the England team. Then at least a few are debatable such as Varane, Kimpembe and Griezmann.

Benzema are you kidding. Hes nowhere near Harry Kane

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not with our defence we dont, southgate is **** clueless too, we have the attack to get us out of the shit and maybe send us further than we should go but i dont think its unrealistic to say we go out in the 2nd round, if the WC draw was favourable 3 years ago a 2nd round draw vs portugal, germany or france definitely isnt 

France's to lose IMO, they have the depth and a great age range / mix of youth and experience but they also then have the group of death, the vs portugal should be a great game

cbs are a problem I agree. We are blessed in other positions. 

Just now, PaulC said:

cbs are a problem I agree. We are blessed in other positions. 

thats why i think we should go all out attack, possession controlling midfield, keep them away from our goal by keeping them away from the ball

dont think southgate has that in him

he is completely the wrong manager for the squad that we have

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

thats why i think we should go all out attack, possession controlling midfield, keep them away from our goal by keeping them away from the ball

dont think southgate has that in him

he is completely the wrong manager for the squad that we have

yes and thats why I would pick TAA to give us  an even more attacking edge. Southgate is the problem. 

Sweden has just announced it's squad for the Euro's. Even with no Zlatan I imagine it's one of the oldest in the tournament. Think I counted to 11 players over 30 and another couple who are 29.

No Jesper Karlsson bit of a surprise perhaps, but then again he's not established yet... 

4 hours ago, sne said:

French media reporting that Benzema is back in the national side. So much for the lifetime ban i guess.

France have insane options upfront. I'm guessing it will be all of Giroud, Benz, Mbappe, Griezmann, Coman and Dembele. Wow. Can match up with England there no problem and have better players in pretty much every other position.

For England to have any chance of reaching the final they need to avoid France at all costs in knock outs so could see a bit of tactical group position finish like at last world cup once it became clear Belgium winning the group gave them a harder run to the final.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sne said:

Sweden has just announced it's squad for the Euro's. Even with no Zlatan I imagine it's one of the oldest in the tournament. Think I counted to 11 players over 30 and another couple who are 29.

No Jesper Karlsson bit of a surprise perhaps, but then again he's not established yet... 

Bit experienced 😉. Svanberg and Cajuste at least got a call up

Sweden have always had a too loyal policy 

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

France have insane options upfront. I'm guessing it will be all of Giroud, Benz, Mbappe, Griezmann, Coman and Dembele. Wow. Can match up with England there no problem and have better players in pretty much every other position.

For England to have any chance of reaching the final they need to avoid France at all costs in knock outs so could see a bit of tactical group position finish like at last world cup once it became clear Belgium winning the group gave them a harder run to the final.

If England win the group dont they play all the games at Wembley, lose and go somewhere like Baku

Ben Wedder will be getting a French call up too

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Don't think they are any better than England myself but Southgate will screw things up. 

Their CM and CB options are far far superior. And they've won an actual tournament so mentally know what to do when it comes to the crunch, England still tense up.

England only really have an edge at fullback but likes of Pavard and Lucas Hernandez did solid job at last world cup although don't think either are starters anymore.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bit experienced 😉. Svanberg and Cajuste at least got a call up

Sweden have always had a too loyal policy 

Will Sweden still play their archaic 4-4-2? Makes sense with Zlatan out just to play Isak centrally and then Kulveski and someone else fast either side rather than just have another mediocre CF up there as usual.

Can't believe Marcus Berg is nearly 35, can still remember him blitzing that under 21 tournament.

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Benzema are you kidding. Hes nowhere near Harry Kane

Mbappe much better than Rashford, Greizmann and Sterling fairly similar tbf based on last two years but Greizmann done more at major tournaments so overall France still got the edge if Southgate just plays the predictable front 3 rather than giving proper chance to Foden there.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Mbappe much better than Rashford, Greizmann and Sterling fairly similar tbf based on last two years but Greizmann done more at major tournaments so overall France still got the edge if Southgate just plays the predictable front 3 rather than giving proper chance to Foden there.

Kane > Benzema. When you add the skill factor of Grealish, Foden and Mount too. Rashford has also done PSG  before! If Greenwood goes another great finisher. i think england have the edge in attack. 

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will Sweden still play their archaic 4-4-2? Makes sense with Zlatan out just to play Isak centrally and then Kulveski and someone else fast either side rather than just have another mediocre CF up there as usual.

Can't believe Marcus Berg is nearly 35, can still remember him blitzing that under 21 tournament.

Line up will be: 

Olsson 31

Lustig 34 Nilsson-Lindelöv 26 Danielsson 32 Augustinsson 27

Kulusevski 21 Seb Larsson 36 Ekdal 31 Forsberg 29

Berg 34 Isak 21

Danielsson and Kulusevski might miss out to Pontus Jansson and Kristoffer Olsson or Claesson. And Albin Ekdal will as ever be injured.

Flat 4-4-2 with hard work and little possession. Central midfield is one of the weakest in the tournament.

Edited by sne

On 15/05/2021 at 11:03, Xela said:

As mentioned previously, I've got 4 tickets for England vs Scotland.

Its 5 weeks away and we still have no idea if we are going or not!

Sadly @villa4europe we weren't successful in the ballot. Disappointing but wouldn't have been the same anyway with just a small crowd there. 

• Like 1

Â