Arjan Raikhy

messi11

Just now, AndyClarke said:

I don't necessarily disagree on that point. I don't think he is the player (or even close) to what people perhaps think.

yeah, im not commenting on whether he will/wont be good enough, i mean just on what im seeing vs Chelski.

• Like 1

Not watching the game today but I thought he did okay against Cardiff and then again in his brief appearance against Brighton. Hopefully other clubs seeing him being selected for our first team tour helps him get a decent loan in January, he's good enough for a loan in the football league.

Edited by useless

24 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

Getting destroyed, out of his depth. Not a huge surprise as he looked out of place in the u21s a couple of weeks ago.

Destroyed is strong.

Doesn't look comfortable enough receiving the ball. Plays the way he's facing 90% of the time. But so does McGinn :)

• Like 1

He's got a decent career ahead of him, probably not at the top level but lower leagues he could do alright. He looks to have decent touch, passes fairly well and can tackle. Needs to fill out a bit and then build the confidence and sharpness to effectively take the fundamentals he's got and make them more effective. Right now he is most exposed by the press of the opponent. But he isn't shying away from the game and he's working for the team constantly, so he's got his head right.

• Like 1

I think the pace of the game was maybe a surprise. He has a really relaxed style and you could see that he’s used to getting more time on the ball than he did today. I like the calmness though and there were some lovely moments of composure. 

If I had to put my cock on the block right now I’d say he’s probably going to turn into and Whitingham (RIP) or Ross McCormack type player. Too good for the lower leagues but maybe not PL level. 

But who’s knows, he’s still a young man and he’s working with a world class manager so I might be wrong. He obviously has huge talent. 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Really strange comments on here.

Was involved in the goal by playing the killer pass the midfield. Been getting stuck in, and hit the bar with a great effort.

Keep it up!

Yes definitely thought he had a good game 

• Like 1

I always thought he looked classy when I watched him in the youth cup games. He was getting rave reviews out on loan but think he’s suffered a bit with niggly injuries over the last year or so. 

Definitely a player in there though, always thought he was a nice deep lying playmaker. 

Would be nice for another of the yoof to make it here, jury’s out at the moment. Would try and get him a loan to the Championship or League One in January to see if he can cut it there. 

4 hours ago, av1 said:

I think the pace of the game was maybe a surprise. He has a really relaxed style and you could see that he’s used to getting more time on the ball than he did today. I like the calmness though and there were some lovely moments of composure. 

If I had to put my cock on the block right now I’d say he’s probably going to turn into and Whitingham (RIP) or Ross McCormack type player. Too good for the lower leagues but maybe not PL level. 

But who’s knows, he’s still a young man and he’s working with a world class manager so I might be wrong. He obviously has huge talent. 

.......I'd say most women would run a  mile.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure about him tbh. Wasnt that impresed from what i saw

what!!!!

judging on one game.

I don't think you are allowed to, so I've been told.

He's at a pretty pivotal point in his development tbh - at 20, he's not had a lot of senior experience at all and hasn't played at a particularly high level yet. I imagine Emery wanted to run the rule over AR to decide what's best for the club and player here. Ideally, at his age, you'd want him to be on loan at a championship outfit and not looking out of place.

• Like 1

Considering the massive Asian community we have in the West Midlands , its long,  long overdue for someone from that background to make it with us.

When I watched him for the Youth team,  he had a maturity to his game that really made him stand out for me. That awareness of those around him and the ability to use the ball thoughtfully with purpose is rare indeed for someone of his age. It really is a positive thing to see Emery giving him a role.

How great it would be for those Punjabi Villans, who, by the way, are a great bunch of lads.

• Like 4

I actually saw some decent stuff in him......Its about the rate of development, and David Platt was a late developer, as an example.

I didn't think he looked out of place, needs a bit of polish, sure......but worth working with, imo.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I actually saw some decent stuff in him......Its about the rate of development, and David Platt was a late developer, as an example.

I didn't think he looked out of place, needs a bit of polish, sure......but worth working with, imo.

I remember the story behind our purchase of Platt. GT told his wife, Rita he was taking her out, what he didn't tell her was it was a trip for two to Gresty Rd to watch some aspiring young footballer that Graham wanted to look at. Great story, and, best of all, a great bloody buy. He was some athlete, that kid. Could have been a rugby league player too, apparently that was his first love. Him and Sid were telepathic. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TRO said:

Surely a Romanian or Latvian bird would also do the trick?

• Haha 4

Liked what I've seen from him but I don't think he has quickness to find a pass or be creative enough to play in those wide 10's but doesn't quite have that instant control to have the double pivots.

Think his goal here is to become better defensively and be used as a grafter/rotation player. Plenty of room for a player like that to make, if not our squad, then others.

Â