Arjan Raikhy

messi11

Looks like on corner and free kicks duty for them aswell! 
Raikhy always reminded me of Oriol Romeu. I know Oriol Remeu is highly rated among Aston Villa scouts/Lange/Purslow

8 hours ago, messi11 said:

I know Oriol Remeu is highly rated among Aston Villa scouts/Lange/Purslow.

Eh? You have the inside line on our CEO/DOF/Scouts player database? 

Who are we signing in the Summer, thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Eh? You have the inside line on our CEO/DOF/Scouts player database? 

Who are we signing in the Summer, thanks in advance. 

Confirmed by Tier 1 and God Tier Journalists. Villa want Oriol

7 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Confirmed by Tier 1 and God Tier Journalists. Villa want Oriol

Congratulations, you've named exactly none of the Aston Villa hierarchy from your original post. 

You'd be a good politician. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Congratulations, you've named exactly none of the Aston Villa hierarchy from your original post. 

You'd be a good politician. 

You do know the tier 1 journalists get their info from Purslow and co. Thats how journaliste works

Our admiration for Oriol goes back to the Smith era, not sure we'd be as keen now, as he's more of an out and out DM which was more needed in Smith's sides when the other two midfielders had much more attacking license, whereas under Gerrard all the midfielders have more defensive responsibilities so there's less need to have an out and out purely defensive DM.

I don't really see Raikhy as being similar to Oriol anyway, I've said it before but Raiky reminds me of a strange mix of a Kante type player and a Ruben Neves type, not saying he's as good as those two obviously, but he's both an excellent passer and can be creative from deep, but at the same time has excellent workrate, is very mobile, and is good at pressing.

I remember watching the FA Youth Cup final he played a cross field ball the camera followed the ball through the air, it reached one of our players on the other side of the pitch who then played a short pass, that short pass was to Raikhy, he'd run across the pitch to receive a short pass shortly after playing the initial cross field ball, which sounds ridiculous now I read that back, but it definitely happend, his work rate is phenomenal.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

You do know the tier 1 journalists get their info from Purslow and co. Thats how journaliste works

That how they knew about Chambers and Ings in advance?

The only time stories leak of players we are after is when agents or the other club involved leak the enquiry to try drum up more interest from what I've seen. 

People like Gregg Evans are supposed to be in the know and he outwardly said he was confident Coutinho wasn't happening 2 days before we signed him. 

I would imagine the only time journalists get a whiff of anything from our side is when we want to strengthen are negotiating hand. 

• 1 month later...

I assume he's going to be out injured for a while? He's got a boot on and crutches in a few images in his Insta Story.

Was out at St Georges Park representing Villa (rather than Grimsby) at a PFA event for their AIMS programme (Asian Inclusion Mentoring Scheme). 45 clubs took part with young players and reps at the day, he was repping Villa. A good scheme and great for him to be taking on that sort of role for the club and local community.

• 2 months later...

I see Stockport were confirmed as champions today, he might get a medal for that, made five appearances from which they took eight points, obviously not all down to him, but pretty sure he had a few man of the match performancs amongst those, so would be good to see him remembered for his contribution. Could end up with both his teams this season getting promoted.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If Grimsby are promoted today then him going back there on loan next season would probably be a good move, might be his best chance of playing League football next season.

Â