Arjan Raikhy

messi11

15 hours ago, Mazrim said:

He is a lovely player at youth level. A Rolls Royce. This level is low for him but it is grown up football and if he excels at this level as I suspect he will, it will do his confidence wonders. He can start going up through the levels quickly then. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets loaned out to league 1 or 2 in Jan.

He's 18 and as we've seen with the minutes he's played, the intensity and fitness levels required are very new to him - there's a lot to learn and I think it'll be an excellent experience for him. 

On 19/08/2021 at 23:39, smg said:

The problem these boys have, beyond the fact it is insanely difficult to get to the top is that the fan base expects rapid progress and with multi millionaire owners it might be easier to buy it rather than wait for home grown talent to develop. We will see.

I think the club showed with our transfer window that we are keeping a route through to the senior teams for these guys. If we had both the supposed another two midfielders to push us for Europe then we would simultaneously closed the door on progression for these lads 

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Has he been injured? Swear they just said he hasn't played since September.

Apparently so, yes. Or at least he was. This article is from October. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-barry-wesley-21821319

ARJAN RAIKHY
The FA Youth Cup winner started off like a house on fire and drew rave reviews from Stockport County fans, starting four back-to-back games before being forced off early with an injury in the 3-0 defeat against Yeovil. Raikhy hasn't featured since, sadly, as he's out with a niggle. The midfielder missed the weekend's 1-0 win over Aldershot with County winning three games on the spin.

MATCH MINUTES: 219 (four starts)

LOAN RATING: 3/5 - it started really well for Raikhy but a niggle has hampered his progress. Hasn't played in over a month.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Oh man, how depressing has his career been. About 12 clubs in 12 years, and probably about 12 goals. 

361 league appearances is nothing to be sniffed at. He's a bit of a cult hero at Blackpool, despite being as much of an enigma now as he ever was. 

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Has he been injured? Swear they just said he hasn't played since September.

As DDID's post above alludes to he missed a few games injured, I know a Stockport supporter as well though who told me that Raikhy had a difficult situation where John Rooney was signed on big money for that level, played every minute of every game as a result and Raikhy kind of made way as he isn't the type of midfielder to make up for the work Rooney apparently fails to put in. They've since brought in a new manager though and fans seem to reckon they'll be seeing a lot more of Raikhy,  his cameo tonight certainly won't do his chances any harm anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great assist for the goal and had some nice moments in the second half of extra time.

I did think the game bypassed him a bit from the late second half until then. But he's 18 and more to the point he still has a lot to learn and needs a lot more experience to get to Premier League level. 

I hope he does as I love watching him play especially in a possession based team. His loan will be of great value at the moment but I hope to see him get a more regular role whether it's a Stockport soon or another team like Kesler.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was thinking just earlier that if he can translate his U23 form to an higher level, he'd suit Gerrard's system very well. Excellent workrate and pressing, and the thing you see of Ramsey and McGinn doing of dropping back to help the fullbacks or allow them to bomb forward, is something Raikhy used to do a lot at U23 level.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Was thinking just earlier that if he can translate his U23 form to an higher level, he'd suit Gerrard's system very well. Excellent workrate and pressing, and the thing you see of Ramsey and McGinn doing of dropping back to help the fullbacks or allow them to bomb forward, is something Raikhy used to do a lot at U23 level.

not being funny but if he couldnt get in the Stockport first team its highly unlikely he is ready for the Villa first team.

He really needs to go on a proper loan to a L1/L2 side and actually get some game time to aid his development.

Â