Arjan Raikhy

messi11

It's better to put them in a promotion chasing team in a lower division than a relegation fighting team in a higher one. Youngsters rarely get picked in relegation scraps as you need reliability. This way there is more chance that he will play which is what we want. Could we have found a division two promotion chasing team? Maybe, but did any of them want him or need a player in his position? I guess not. As long as the club is happy with the move, I don't mind. It's about playing with adults and the standard between a top conference team and most division two teams is not that great anyway.

I think the important thing is that he, and the others on loan, play against men rather than U18s or even U23s, and it makes quite a bit of difference. Even if the quality of the conference is poorer, I’d rather him get more games there than less at another club.

• Like 1

There's not that much difference between League Two and the National League, that's why teams relegated from League Two often struggle and teams promoted from the National League often do well in the division above. In fact Stockport finished third last season so will be a very decent team, probably better than a lot of teams in League Two, it's not like say the difference between the championship and the premiership where there's a profound difference in quality because of money.

• Like 1

Agreed.  Let him go out and get games against men.  Equally, when you are that low down the pyramid, I think it probably grounds you that bit more and presumably gives you the added motivation to make sure that you make it.  The kid is 18 coming on 19, he can go out on loan to the Championship next season!! 🤞😉

• Like 1

I'm a Wrexham fan in the National League. As useless stated, there's not much of a leap from mid League 2 to top half National League. 

Stockport are a really good side and will be challenging for the title. Bit of a shame he's gone there as a Wrexham are screaming for a holding midfielder to dictate the game. 

The league is tough to get out of with only 2 teams promoted (ridiculous), like any division, there will be cloggers, teams that play it on the deck and those that mix it up. What you do get are players who want to make it to the next level and are hardworking.

He won't get as much time on the ball as U23's unless he makes that time for himself. He'll be up against some brutes so it'll definitely toughen him up. 

He'll be playing with some good lower league players at Stockport as they are being backed quite heavily money wise too. Good luck to the lad, hope he enjoys going up through the playoffs 😁

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Watching him makes his Stockport debut against Southend and he's playing well, working hard as he always does and looks very comfortable in possession, playing further forward than we were used to seeing him last season but he's also tracking back, played the wingers through a few times into positions from which they probably should have done better from.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, useless said:

Watching him makes his Stockport debut against Southend and he's playing well, working hard as he always does and looks very comfortable in possession, playing further forward than we were used to seeing him last season but he's also tracking back, played the wingers through a few times into positions from which they probably should have done better from.

he was subbed on 54 mins, tiredness?, injury?, or tactical?

I don't know he seemed to be doing fine, but Southend at that point were putting on a lot of pressure so maybe Stockport brought on a more defensive player, I'm not sure if that's what happened though because when Raikhy came off I stopped watching. It could have been that he was tiring, big difference between first team football and U23 football, and that game seemed to beparticularly fast paced and frantic.

Edited by useless

He is a lovely player at youth level. A Rolls Royce. This level is low for him but it is grown up football and if he excels at this level as I suspect he will, it will do his confidence wonders. He can start going up through the levels quickly then. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets loaned out to league 1 or 2 in Jan.

Â