Arjan Raikhy

messi11

I think a lot depends on why he wasn't getting into the Stockport matchday squads, if they weren't choosing him because they thought they had better options, then it will probably be hard to get him a decent loan, would probably have to go to a team further down in the National League, like Dominic Revan did last season with Weymouth, or maybe even go and play in the National League South or North, as Jake Walker and Lewis Brunt and others have done in the past.

But if he's been injured, homesick, or been left out for some other reason other than footballing reasons then that shouldn't put question marks on his ability in the eyes of other clubs and maybe he can still get another decent loan. I suspect he will either stay with us, or perhaps go somewhere a bit more local.

43 minutes ago, useless said:

I think a lot depends on why he wasn't getting into the Stockport matchday squads, if they weren't choosing him because they thought they had better options, then it will probably be hard to get him a decent loan, would probably have to go to a team further down in the National League, like Dominic Revan did last season with Weymouth, or maybe even go and play in the National League South or North, as Jake Walker and Lewis Brunt and others have done in the past.

But if he's been injured, homesick, or been left out for some other reason other than footballing reasons then that shouldn't put question marks on his ability in the eyes of other clubs and maybe he can still get another decent loan. I suspect he will either stay with us, or perhaps go somewhere a bit more local.

Just reading the comments from their fans, they rate him. But suggest he doesn't fit Stockport's style of play and the general style of the league. A couple of fans saying he'd be better off playing at a higher level because of that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

Just reading the comments from their fans, they rate him. But suggest he doesn't fit Stockport's style of play and the general style of the league. A couple of fans saying he'd be better off playing at a higher level because of that. 

Send him to Deano in the championship next year.

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2021 at 21:22, Tom13 said:

And Nathan Delfouneso is now coming on for Bolton. Blast from the past 😂

My hero, he was brilliant as a kid, he used to pick the ball up from the kick off and dribble past the opposition in youth team matches. It was great to watch, he’s had a good career I think in the lower leagues, he can be proud

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My hero, he was brilliant as a kid, he used to pick the ball up from the kick off and dribble past the opposition in youth team matches. It was great to watch, he’s had a good career I think in the lower leagues, he can be proud

Nice post s-g-c, it isn't always about playing at the highest level. I watched Delphouneso a number of times as an eighteen year old playing for the reserves at Walsall. His ability was stand out, but sadly he wasn't prepared to work hard enough off the ball. If he had worked harder he was talented enough to have played at a good level. However, the fact that he's kept going in the lower leagues is to his credit.

• 3 weeks later...

Aston Villa midfielder Arjan Raikhy is set for a loan move to Grimsby Town. The 19-year-old spent the first half of the season at Stockport County but was recalled early as he wasn't featuring regularly. A number of clubs have shown an interest in Raikhy but it's Grimsby, the mid-table National League side, who have won the race to sign him. Raikhy made his senior Villa debut in the FA Cup defeat to Liverpool in January 2021, and although he has not made a matchday squad since, there are still high hopes for him at the club. Raikhy believes he has outgrown Under-23 level football and wants to test himself amongst seniors, which is why this move appealed. Villa are also hoping to move a number of other youngsters on this month to further aid their development. Boss Steven Gerrard says: "We've been trying to sort out moves for a number of our young players this month and we've also got a number of other things bubbling away," Villa are expecting a busy end to this window with a centre back and defensive midfielder still on their wishlist. The Athletic

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, useless said:

Aston Villa midfielder Arjan Raikhy is set for a loan move to Grimsby Town. The 19-year-old spent the first half of the season at Stockport County but was recalled early as he wasn't featuring regularly. A number of clubs have shown an interest in Raikhy but it's Grimsby, the mid-table National League side, who have won the race to sign him. Raikhy made his senior Villa debut in the FA Cup defeat to Liverpool in January 2021, and although he has not made a matchday squad since, there are still high hopes for him at the club. Raikhy believes he has outgrown Under-23 level football and wants to test himself amongst seniors, which is why this move appealed. Villa are also hoping to move a number of other youngsters on this month to further aid their development. Boss Steven Gerrard says: "We've been trying to sort out moves for a number of our young players this month and we've also got a number of other things bubbling away," Villa are expecting a busy end to this window with a centre back and defensive midfielder still on their wishlist. The Athletic

Bit of a strange one as I think Seb Revan got about 2 appearances there. 

He and Revan play different positions, might be that they need a central midfielder more than they needed Revan as a left-back, and so Raikhy will have a better chance of getting into the team.

On 07/01/2022 at 21:34, villabromsgrove said:

Nice post s-g-c, it isn't always about playing at the highest level. I watched Delphouneso a number of times as an eighteen year old playing for the reserves at Walsall. His ability was stand out, but sadly he wasn't prepared to work hard enough off the ball. If he had worked harder he was talented enough to have played at a good level. However, the fact that he's kept going in the lower leagues is to his credit.

His dad (or stepdad can’t quite remember) used to play for the same Sunday league team as me. It was as he was breaking into the villa first team about 12/13 years ago now. 

We used to rip his dad for driving his sons car when he turned up in a new bmw not long after he joined the first team. He used to bring his little brother along who I was led to believe was also on the books. I’m sure his dad was a nose. 

5 hours ago, useless said:

Seems like an odd one this. He's now going to a club in the same league but further away, with worse facilities. I thought he was only out of the Stockport side due to injury and illness, I'd have preferred him to stay around the squad if the other option is non-league

Â