Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/21 at 22:59

Usual suspects wasteful slow and offering little to nothing.

Add in elmo to traore and Berkley and we are at almost walking pace.

Maybe deano is proving a point that we need alot of investment quality wise in the summer ?

Can't literally see any other reason for cement legs to constantly get picked.

Davis everyone knew wouldn't be effective for a whole game, he was blowing out his rs for most of the second half.

Oddly mcgginn who had been playing well turned to turd once Jack was on.

Well done Emi for equalling the clean sheet record, well done target for a decent game and well done Jack for the minutes you were on. 

Fingers crossed he didn't have any reaction to his shins

That cash has just a slight knock and doesn't miss the remaining games

That mings again it's just a slight knock

That we don't see Berkley starting again.

We had a chance today to blood a couple youngsters and failed to do it.

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

What exactly did he do wrong ? He was strong, held the ball up well, was tough to knock off the ball and more.

If you say "well he didn't score" then I don't recall you saying that after most of the games Ollie has played when he never scored either !

The Watkins comparison is a bit daft, Watkins is a huge asset closing down even when he doesn't score.

Keinan...held the ball up a bit now and then, had some shocking touches, and that was about it.

No resentment to the lad, I just think he has no business playing in the Premier League, and after this summer, I don't think he will again.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Well, what a load of wank that was.

Great to get Jack back on for 20 mins but injuries to Cash and maybe Mings don't leave me with much defensive hope for the run-in.

This season is a lame dog that needs put down now.

Thanks to Everton for the 4 points this season all the same.

49 points , mid table, never close to relegation absolute lame dog season, or is that a load of bollox ?

• Like 2

It was sloppy I think, but we were the better side and a draw is okay I guess. Four points from Everton is decent enough.

Martinez was good and thoroughly deserves the clean sheets record.

I thought both centre halves were okay and McGinn was good in patches but died off in the last twenty. I've voted Douglas Luiz as MotM, I think he did really well in picking the ball up from the back four, bringing us out and starting attacks - we did nothing with those attacks and he also gave the ball away really cheaply a couple of times, but that was everyone on the day. Hope Cash is okay, Targett and Elmo were solid, El Ghazi didn't do anything wrong but didn't light the place up, Ramsey brought energy but lacks output

I thought Barkley and Traore were particularly peculiar today - Barkley looked like he had his boots on the wrong feet, I'd love to see his numbers for this game, his passing was terrible. Traore played the game like he was out of phase with universal time, he's an odd player - when he gets it right he's amazing, but when he's not he looks like he's not seen football before.

Davis did some of the things he's good at, mostly though for no reason, he won a lot of balls in the air that he flicked on to the second striker that we didn't have.

It's great to see Jack back, he looked rusty, but he looked decent.

It's an odd game to call, when everyone is sloppy you can only really judge them against each other.

We'll play better and lose.

• Like 2

Solid point, clean sheet, Jack's back. Taking 4 points off Everton 2 seasons in a row is not to be sniffed at.

With Watkins back on Sunday and maybe Jack starting Palace looks a winnable game. 1 point away from the 50 points mark which would be a fantastic result.

That was really dire and nominating a man of the match would be a bit of a travesty.

Everton should have won it really in the 2nd half, given the chances they created, but we seem to be a bit of a bogey team for them and their shot taking in front of goal was pitiful.

Our passing was particularly bad tonight. I thought Douglas Luiz and McGinn played a little bit better than in recent matches however. They seemed to be getting forward a bit more. 

We did see Jack playing in a Villa shirt for the first time since February, so we should celebrate that.

• Like 2

No votes yet for Barkley being man of the match? Seriously though we have come on a hell of a long way from 12 months ago. Great to see Jack back and running at the Everton team, I would like to see us shift the ball quicker but overall happy with a point against a decent away team.

Very sloppy game from both teams, with lots of bad touches and wayward passes to give away the ball in the middle.

I thought Jack looked good when he came on, immediately made us more threatening with his driving runs. Emi was brilliant, they had a few really sharp shots on goal.

We need to invest in the midfield and on the wings in the summer. The keeper and back 5 are really good, but everything in front of them needs work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I thought so especially after getting bullied off the ball with his first touch. 

Yeah i agree. He did well and i didnt think it was the right sub at the time. Gave some energy in the middle  that was needed.

It was a terrible match, but in partial defence we do have little to play for and were without our two best attacking players.

Everton, on the other hand, were at least in theory still in European contention, and were pretty rank. They shaded the second half, but in all honesty for a side with theoretically something to play for they were atrocious.

McGinn was good first half but kind of poo second half. Gave MOTM to Martinez for two good saves (from Godfrey and Calvert-Lewin both at the near post) and for equalling Friedel's record.

Good to see Jack back, and he had a couple of nice runs, but also some touches that were way off; you'd like to think he'd be ready to start against Palace but I'm not sure.

8 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

What exactly did he do wrong ? He was strong, held the ball up well, was tough to knock off the ball and more.

If you say "well he didn't score" then I don't recall you saying that after most of the games Ollie has played when he never scored either !

I forgot he was actually playing for most of the game, he didnt get the service but didnt get involved.  His movement was poor and the thing that everybody raves about him we didnt see until the 97th minute run.

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Would you rather have us sweating on staying up on the last game of the season then?

Whoa, passive aggressive dude. Did I say I wanted anything?

Maybe we will win another game some other beautiful day. Hopefully at the end of the season we can look back on this point and say it was a point that helped finish in the top half.

Â