Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/21 at 22:59

Thought to myself after half an hour that that game had 0-0 written all over it. 

4 points vs Everton two seasons in a row but the performances were much improved.

Dull game but the focal point of our attack wasn’t playing and it has been a long season. Hope the minutes did good for Jack and we can be a bit more clinical on Sunday!

Another game without VAR controversy, things really are picking up. But yes, a bit of a 'downer' in terms of action and excitement. It certainly had that end of season feel to it. We had some amazing possession and approach play in the first half, but again were unable to provide killer touches in the final third and capitalise on it. A great chance for Mings The Merciless, headed just wide. 

I'll be honest, I have no real axe to grind with Keinan's overall performance. He's been stifled of game time for such a long time with us, it would be unfair to expect miracles of him in that game. Showed that he can run, and showed that he can hold the ball up. More game time surely will improve him, or has the collective narrative on here changed so quickly from this one big opportunity?

Second half, I thought Everton had the much better creative chances and opportunities, leading to my Martinez MOTM vote - he did have saves to make and he did equal the Friedel record. Very pleased for him. It was great to see Jack come on... whether it's just claret and blue supporter specs or not, I felt genuinely enthused to see him and a bit more confident we might be able to drive a positive result. But it wasn't to be and it crashed to a 0-0 conclusion. 

Roll on the summer now... a chance to continue our progress. Some work needed of course. In the owners and Mr Smith I trust. UTV... come on... UTFV!! 

• Like 3

i found it so hard to stay interested in that game....I thought both teams lacked quality.....but, the table would defy that.

trouble is, while it was end of season form.....they don't get end of season wages, do they.

• Like 1

Â