Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 15/05/21 at 22:59

Meh.

Missed opportunity to get Chukuwemeka on to the pitch, I felt he could have come on instead of Ramsey who to date, has had little impact on games despite being relatively tidy in his play.

Davis did okay but not as much as I was hoping for, service into him was largely poor though and no one ran on beyond him for the flicks off the long balls.

Barkley was terrible in possession, an absolute liability, it seems like he knows it too and at least he seems to care, no idea why he’s developed such heavy/slow legs though, it’s like his brain and feet are connected by dial-up.

McGinn was pretty good and the defence solid enough.

Classic end of season mid table match.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Those were the days, when they used to splice bits of the movie into the music video. Kids wouldn't know about that!

/grandad

Is that like a livestream but prerecorded?

• Haha 2

Well both teams in the final third were embarrassingly bad.  I'm surprised at Everton given they had something to play for but Watkins and a fit Grealish and we win that comfortably.

We've leaked so many goals in the past decade that 15 clean sheets is **** impressive, Martinez was great tonight again and deserves the record if we can get one more.  What a signing.

Not including OW and JG, we definitely need another 3 starters based on tonight.

• Like 1

For the first hour I thought Mcginn was fantastic tonight, back to his tigerish best, he was everywhere!

Lucky he did because there were a few others phoning in a performance, one of which had his last game for us, naming no names.

Losing cash was a blow too, he was really stretching Everton at times.

Edited by Nigel

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Whoa, passive aggressive dude. Did I say I wanted anything?

Passive aggressive? We are a mid table team who have taken 3 out of 4 points off a team above us in the table. As much as we would like to be the finished article  we are are a developing team, we didn’t win but unless that is all you expect it wasn’t boring, lots of things to look out for.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Must admit I would have tried to get some experience for Chuk. We’ve not got much to play for.

There is about a  £3-4 million difference in merit placements depending if we come 9th or 11th.

That's why youth players don't get thrown in at the end of the season anymore.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Meh.

Missed opportunity to get Chukuwemeka on to the pitch, I felt he could have come on instead of Ramsey who to date, has had little impact on games despite being relatively tidy in his play.

Davis did okay but not as much as I was hoping for, service into him was largely poor though and no one ran on beyond him for the flicks off the long balls.

Barkley was terrible in possession, an absolute liability, it seems like he knows it too and at least he seems to care, no idea why he’s developed such heavy/slow legs though, it’s like his brain and feet are connected by dial-up.

McGinn was pretty good and the defence solid enough.

Classic end of season mid table match.

Youth cup semi final tomorrow. Perhaps that's why they didn't come on

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

There is about a  £3-4 million difference in merit placements depending if we come 9th or 11th.

I get that, but you are investing in players that you hope will make extra cash down the line by increasing the squad quality and depth in following seasons. Or if we end up selling him, first team minutes could increase experience and value.

4 minutes ago, smg said:

Passive aggressive? We are a mid table team who have taken 3 out of 4 points off a team above us in the table. As much as we would like to be the finished article  we are are a developing team, we didn’t win but unless that is all you expect it wasn’t boring, lots of things to look out for.

What development did you see today then?

I agree that a draw against Everton is a decent result, but the quality on both sides was…..less than exceptional. I don’t think the players or fans can take much from that. 

• Like 1

Ramsey is better than Barkley. Stop with the experiment, Smith, did you not see Barkley when he came off; even he now realises he is not good enough.

McGinn good in the first half, awful in the second. So many misplaced passes. I think the PL is a step too far for him.

Davis is a good lad, but he is not a PL player.

We need upgrades for El Ghazi, Traore, Elmohamody.

Luiz played well, as did the back line and keeper. They deserve better up front.

Great to have Grealish back. Will be great to have Watkins back. We will miss Cash if he is out for long.

Neither side deserved to win - so a great point.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

It’s £6.6 million nowadays between 9th and 11th. (£3.3 per position).

Also top half or top 10 team might sound slightly better when trying to sell the club to others.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

Â