Weekends Football 7/9 May

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Sexy Leeds 3-1. Proving they're a better side than Villa unfortunately.

We need to stop acting like scared schoolkids every time we play Spurs. Was a disappointing result v them a few weeks back considering they haven't beaten anyone decent since and they didn't even have the likes of Son and Bale out v us.

Hopefully with Jack back we'll grind out a point down there which will help mentally in this match up next season.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can’t beat a final day relegation battle!

Was hell for us last day last season but pretty sure we were never in the bottom 3 at any stage so it didn't have the usual twists and turns you get like today.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We need to stop acting like scared schoolkids every time we play Spurs. Was a disappointing result v them a few weeks back considering they haven't beaten anyone decent since and they didn't even have the likes of Son and Bale out v us.

Hopefully with Jack back we'll grind out a point down there which will help mentally in this match up next season.

Agreed. Tbh that's the main reason why I'm calling out Leeds as better - in terms of technical ability they're not, but they are much much braver than us. They don't fear anyone and they've taken more points off the big teams than we have as a result. It's clearly not luck like some have tried to suggest, as they keep doing it - it's about attitude and setup.

I despise them personally but they're impressive. Can't deny that anymore, though I desperately wanted to for half the season.

• Like 1

One of us in 9thbone of us in 11th...

Not sure why there's such an obsession with Leeds being better than us or us having to finish above them... It means absolutely nothing

The only thing that matters is the platform we put in place for next season and what we do in the summer 

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Agreed. Tbh that's the main reason why I'm calling out Leeds as better - in terms of technical ability they're not, but they are much much braver than us. They don't fear anyone and they've taken more points off the big teams than we have as a result. It's clearly not luck like some have tried to suggest, as they keep doing it - it's about attitude and setup.

I despise them personally but they're impressive. Can't deny that anymore, though I desperately wanted to for half the season.

But... we have comparable results so they’re failing elsewhere.

Â