Weekends Football 7/9 May

andykeenan

Souness and Lennon just watched a 4-2 and they sound miserable

Edit: And now Souness just said “they need more goals. The thing about goals, Kelly...”

Edited by a m ole

How many has Wilson scored for them now? Must be a pretty good ratio considering he missed two months recently.

As much as it's a gamble he's worked out well for them and if they really wanted to they could sell him to someone like Watford for 20m so wouldn't lose out in the fee.

Read they've activated a clause in Dwight Gayle's deal which means he stays for another three years which is a bit more odd.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How many has Wilson scored for them now? Must be a pretty good ratio considering he missed two months recently.

As much as it's a gamble he's worked out well for them and if they really wanted to they could sell him to someone like Watford for 20m so wouldn't lose out in the fee.

Read they've activated a clause in Dwight Gayle's deal which means he stays for another three years which is a bit more odd.

Yes good player but for injuries he could have been a great one 

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He’s got 12 in 26 appearances (23 starts) but he has been on a bit of a goal drought of late. Most of his goals came at the start of the season, this was only only the second game he’s scored in since Xmas.  

He’ll probably be happy with his contribution this season, and so will Newcastle but he’s done basically what everybody thought he’d do, score goals and get injured.  At 29 he’s not going to get any better or fitter and his resale value is gonna fall off a cliff next summer but he’s been a solid short term signing. I’m glad we went with Watkins, but Wilson is the sort of move we’d have made under previous regimes.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

He’s got 12 in 26 appearances (23 starts) but he has been on a bit of a goal drought of late. Most of his goals came at the start of the season, this was only only the second game he’s scored in since Xmas.  

He’ll probably be happy with his contribution this season, and so will Newcastle but he’s done basically what everybody thought he’d do, score goals and get injured.  At 29 he’s not going to get any better or fitter and his resale value is gonna fall off a cliff next summer but he’s been a solid short term signing. I’m glad we went with Watkins, but Wilson is the sort of move we’d have made under previous regimes.  

But he'd been injured and its hard to score goals in a negative team like Newcastle. I'm glad we went with watkins too

15 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I'd have been more than happy with both and still a bit disappointed it didn't happen. I'm sure Wilson would've been more than capable of coming off our bench and scoring 5-10 goals given how stretched games get late on and he's very good at playing off shoulder of defences.

Given we've only got 5 points all season from losing positions we do need a striker in our squad next season capable of being trusted to come off the bench and score a few late goals to get us wins. The fact we all made a big thing of Trez coming on and playing a bit part in the Fulham comeback shows it's a pretty rare thing from us.

I'm not sure his value will decline next season that much unless he gets a serious injury. Say West Brom come straight back up, that seems an obvious move for them given there was talk of them trying to sign Troy Deeney last summer who's much poorer than Wilson these days.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Bielsa aint gonna shag you mate.

Screenshot_2021-05-08 Premier League Leeds 2-1 Tottenham - Bamford restores hosts' lead.png

Where has this guy been all season? People have been salivating over Leeds’ magnificent performances all season including that wonderful 6-2 defeat at Old Trafford.

• Like 1

Â