Weekends Football 7/9 May

andykeenan

5 minutes ago, sne said:

From the outside this all looks so utterly corrupt and bent.

From the delayed start to the 2nd half to having Mike Dean as the ref. Someone somewhere is getting the result they paid for or bet on.

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

Well unless they've bet on Sheffield to stay up I don't think they're going to be very happy about 6 minutes injury time. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

He seems like a great guy off the pitch, doing charity work etc. Just knows how to be a total dick on the pitch.

I've completely changed my opinion of him the last few weeks seeing him interviewed a few times. He's a shithouse on the pitch that's correct, but he seems like a decent guy and an intelligent, critical thinker in his interviews. I had him pegged as far more arrogant and obnoxious but he's not. Refreshing to see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

They'll finish above us which will be what matters on the final day. They also don't have a generational talent like Jack Grealish to boast in their ranks; their best player by a mile is Phillips but he's not a creative player and also not as much of a talisman for them as Jack is for us, which indicates they've got more attacking options. They have also yet to invest the kind of money that we have. Yes yes we needed to spend big to fill roles etc etc, but the point stands. If they go and spend 200m now, I do fear what they might become, and how they might pull away from us.

Will they? How do you know that? Even if they do, it will be 1 or 2 points in it.

Rodrigo? Raphinha?

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Will they? How do you know that? Even if they do, it will be 1 or 2 points in it.

Rodrigo? Raphinha?

Come on. Didn't you know you have to create these hypothetical doomsday scenarios to justify a moan here and there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I've completely changed my opinion of him the last few weeks seeing him interviewed a few times. He's a shithouse on the pitch that's correct, but he seems like a decent guy and an intelligent, critical thinker in his interviews. I had him pegged as far more arrogant and obnoxious but he's not. Refreshing to see.

Oh totally, I agree.

I know he wasn't the only one to say it, it was refreshing to see him call out the hypocrisy about the uproar over the ESL compared to racism in the sport, the racism towards players online, etc. Respect him for that too.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

One of us in 9thbone of us in 11th...

Not sure why there's such an obsession with Leeds being better than us or us having to finish above them... It means absolutely nothing

The only thing that matters is the platform we put in place for next season and what we do in the summer 

Sorry but how is that the only thing that matters? 

Does the future matter, yes of course. But are you actually suggesting that where we finish this season doesn't? 

You do understand the objective of football, and of sport right? 

This idea that a season is a write-off once it's not longer possible to win a trophy or qualify in another competition is ridiculous. 

We should want - always - to finish as high as mathematically possible, and then we should want to push on and better that finish next season. That's literally the point of all this, otherwise what are we doing here? Why bother watch a single minute of any game between now and the end of the season if it doesn't matter?

Derby stay up with ONE point from their last 7 games.

Indeed stretch it back and they've won once in last 15 games.

Even SHA haven't stayed up with that sort of record over last 5 years.

Not like they were even miles clear of bottom 3 at any point.

Typical championship.

• Like 1

Just now, est1874 said:

Does the future matter, yes of course. But are you actually suggesting that where we finish this season doesn't? 

This idea that a season is a write-off once it's not longer possible to win a trophy or qualify in another competition is ridiculous. 

We should want - always - to finish as high as mathematically possible, and then we should want to push on and better that finish next season. That's literally the point of all this, otherwise what are we doing here? Why bother watch a single minute of any game between now and the end of the season if it doesn't matter?

I agree

But finishing 9th,10th or 11th means nothing apart from about £2m in prize money 

There's no trophy for finishing 9th

Your other post where you say about Leeds spending £200m in the summer, you think they will but we won't? Why are they likely to pull away from us? There's nothing to indicate that 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Rodrigo? Raphinha?

Nobody knows. It's called probability based on remaining fixtures and our record against the teams we're playing.

Let's have a chat on May 23rd mate.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I agree

But finishing 9th,10th or 11th means nothing apart from about £2m in prize money 

There's no trophy for finishing 9th

Your other post where you say about Leeds spending £200m in the summer, you think they will but we won't? Why are they likely to pull away from us? There's nothing to indicate that 

And the disaster that is us finishing 10th if Leeds finish 9th also doesn't account for that meaning we would finish above arsenal and wolves... 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We should aim to finish high but it also doesn't matter. Finishing 9th or 12th is not going to have a major impact on us long term. 

• Like 2

Just now, Brumstopdogs said:

That championship relegation scrap was great entertainment for neutral fans. Glad we're not in for those stresses at the of the season!

It's been so nice not having to care about the final 3rd of this season. 

• Like 1

Â