Weekends Football 7/9 May

andykeenan

Isn't Lo Celso more of an attacking midfielder.  Hojbjerg the only midfielder in the team right now.  Mason has completely conceded the midfield to Leeds with his team selection. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Spurs are blowing their chance to stay in the top 4 race. 

And ain't it marvellous! :)

They're still within Everton's range too - never mind the top 4 race, they could yet drop out of the race for top 7.

C'mon the Leeds!

• Like 1

Insane giving him the job. He went from playing straight to management. Lampard when he went there had spent a few years coaching and getting his badges at Chelsea.

34 of Derby's games this season have involved Rooney. Out of his depth massively.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

They're still within Everton's range too - never mind the top 4 race, they could yet drop out of the race for top 7.

C'mon the Leeds!

Could be letting Liverpool back in. Up to West Ham 

Just now, PaulC said:

Doing ok this season aren't they. He would ruin them 

True. It must be a nightmare having him as your manager when every other word is erm.

Right, erm, lads, erm, let’s, erm, go, erm, out, erm, there, erm, and, erm, score, erm, more, erm, than, erm, they, erm, do.

Erm.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

C'mon the Leeds!

If they’re in Everton’s range then they’re in our range too.

Few more goals needed for Wycombe...

Good thing I removed Son and Bamford from my fantasy team 🙄 

Then again Iheanacho did score and Greenwood potentially have 3 games this round so might still be worth it. 

At least I still have Dallas.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

True. It must be a nightmare having him as your manager when every other word is erm.

Right, erm, lads, erm, let’s, erm, go, erm, out, erm, there, erm, and, erm, score, erm, more, erm, than, erm, they, erm, do.

Erm.

and the money he must be on. Been a disaster for Derby both as player and manager 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Spurs are blowing their chance to stay in the top 4 race. 

I hate them, they've been utter dogshit against everyone recently...except Villa.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Never hire Rooney as manager. Noted.

I don't understand what is going on.

Rooney was a great player.  How could he possibly be anything less than a brilliant manager?

It just doest not compute.  If history has taught us one single thing it's that great players ALWAYS make great managers. 

I dare anyone to give me one example of where it doesn't work out up until now. I would certainly be happy to gamble the future of my club on a totally untried manager who was a great player because it always works.

image.png.35ee23e2b3b413683a6dc57bc3d72f95.png

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Rooney was a great player.  How could he possibly be anything less than a brilliant manager?

It just doest not compute.  If history has taught us one single thing it's that great players ALWAYS make great managers. 

I dare anyone to give me one example of where it doesn't work out up until now. I would certainly be happy to gamble the future of my club on a totally untried manager who was a great player because it always works.

cruyff😉

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Va Va Boom #dodgedbullet

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Isn't Lo Celso more of an attacking midfielder.  Hojbjerg the only midfielder in the team right now.  Mason has completely conceded the midfield to Leeds with his team selection. 

In fairness they need to win, draw today isn't good enough. Mourinho was starting all of Kane, Son, Bale and Moura in some of his last games so no real difference. Surprised Moura has fallen out of favour as thought he was excellent v us and Spurs best player in cup final aswell.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's Hourihane vs Sanchez at Watford Swansea. I bet that's a blinkers on , point and don't track your runner extravaganza

Had no idea which Sanchez you were on about until i just checked! Had no clue Carlos Sanchez was at Watford, honestly thought he'd retired or gone back to play in South America. Surely Watford won't keep him for premier league?!

Â