Weekends Football 7/9 May

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A player that isn't Raheem Sterling gets sent off for that. A Sheffield United defender definitely does.

Now personally, I think a yellow card is the right decision, but it's the inconsistency in bot the refereeing and in the VAR that's annoying.

Imagine Trezeguet getting away with that on Harry Maguire, for example.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

A player that isn't Raheem Sterling gets sent off for that. A Sheffield United defender definitely does.

Now personally, I think a yellow card is the right decision, but it's the inconsistency in bot the refereeing and in the VAR that's annoying.

That has to be a red every time for me. It’s studs up and straight into his leg. If Werner had that leg planted then he could easily have broken it.

He probably doesn’t mean to do it but if you’re tackle technique is that bad that you’re endangering an opponent then it should be a red card. As you say it would be for 75%+ of the players in the league.

Perhaps bot been a great season if you look at quality in individual games, but for excitement it's not bad at all.

The title race in Spain and France is bonkers and the battle for the CL places in Italy is just as close. Relegation battle in Germany is also extremely close.

In the 2nd half I’m going to have a shot of whiskey every time Martin Tyler mentions the difference Ruben Dias has made to the City team, or how fantastic a servant Aguero has been to the club.

I reckon I’ll pass out from alcohol poisoning before the hour mark.

If Barca want to give him that sort of money they'll have to do the same thing they're looking at doing with Messi.

A ten year contract with a guaranteed £100k a week, even if he plays a season in the MLS or retires and becomes a club ambassador. It's a great way for them to get around not being able to afford to offer him £500k a week for two years.

Â