Weekends Football 7/9 May

andykeenan

From the outside this all looks so utterly corrupt and bent.

From the delayed start to the 2nd half to having Mike Dean as the ref. Someone somewhere is getting the result they paid for or bet on.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

One of us in 9thbone of us in 11th...

Not sure why there's such an obsession with Leeds being better than us or us having to finish above them... It means absolutely nothing

The only thing that matters is the platform we put in place for next season and what we do in the summer 

I'd just like to see us top half. First time since 2011 and well it just looks better, pride at seeing us back in the right half of table with more room for improvement.

Would be a better annoying seeing us have one of top 5/6 defences in league and Ollie being in top 10 striker scorers of the league yet it's still not good enough for top 10. What's the xG saying, mind you that puts Brighton about 5th dosen't it?

The Leeds result is brilliant for us. 

If we're to chase Tottenham down over the next couple of seasons, adding two million to us for finishing above Leeds would be less important than taking thirty or forty million out of Spurs for not making Europe this season.

And we can still finish ahead of Leeds anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

From the delayed start to the 2nd half to having Mike Dean as the ref. Someone somewhere is getting the result they paid for or bet on.

It was a penalty in fairness, surprised defender didn't get a red for it as was cynical foul.

Just now, sne said:

Does he usually ref Championship games?

If not, why now?

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The Leeds result is brilliant for us. 

If we're to chase Tottenham down over the next couple of seasons, adding two million to us for finishing above Leeds would be less important than taking thirty or forty million out of Spurs for not making Europe this season.

And we can still finish ahead of Leeds anyway.

We've actually got to attempt to take some points off Spurs in 10 days time to do that, confident on that one as our general record v them since 2010 dosen't exactly inspire confidence!

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION

Also well done to Leeds, they’ve had a good season. We can still overtake them if we win tomorrow and still have a game in hand. Any talk of them being miles better than us is premature and plainly wrong. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Is it bad that I kinda like Bamford every time I hear him do an interview? 

He's a complete prick, but I kinda like him at the same time. 

He seems like a great guy off the pitch, doing charity work etc. Just knows how to be a total dick on the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

But... we have comparable results so they’re failing elsewhere.

They'll finish above us which will be what matters on the final day. They also don't have a generational talent like Jack Grealish to boast in their ranks; their best player by a mile is Phillips but he's not a creative player and also not as much of a talisman for them as Jack is for us, which indicates they've got more attacking options. They have also yet to invest the kind of money that we have. Yes yes we needed to spend big to fill roles etc etc, but the point stands. If they go and spend 200m now, I do fear what they might become, and how they might pull away from us.

Â