Breakaway League

Jareth

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Let them leave if they want their own league. 

but they must fully leave the premier league or national equivalent and not partake in the established European club cup competitions.

They can circle jerk themselves to oblivion for all I care. The real fans will become financially isolated from going to matches but those clubs are more interested in the armchair and tourism fan anyway.

It will become boring after a while. Look at 6 Nations I think Italy have been bottom last 10/12 years. But in football is a different competitive division thatis more entertaining to watch 

Plus the French and German teams have not signed up for it

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

One of the most boring tournaments in the world is adding 100 more games. exciting

Also they have somehow managed to make it even less likely that any of the Super league teams get knocked out in the group stage. I didn't think that was possible. 

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Let them leave if they want their own league. 

but they must fully leave the premier league or national equivalent and not partake in the established European club cup competitions.

They can circle jerk themselves to oblivion for all I care. The real fans will become financially isolated from going to matches but those clubs are more interested in the armchair and tourism fan anyway.

Agreed - but the PL only really cares about money and guess what...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Wow, that is so convoluted and crap.  Just to allow another 4 teams!

23 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

To make it a lot easier why not have the bottom 3 teams get relegated and every other team qualifies for the Champions league.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently their (Juve, Real & Barca) next play is to take it to the EU court and argue that UEFA and FIFA are having an illegal monopoly on football.

And to help them argue the case is among others Belgian lawyer Jean-Louis Dupont who already helped ruin football by leading the case that led to the Bosman rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

I don't care, I'll just watch Villa wherever we play, and whoever we play against. I don't watch Champions League, or any other league, I wouldn't watch this one either.

I would hope those four teams would leave PL though.

I think the way its going Chelsea could be leaving another way 😛

7 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I don't care, I'll just watch Villa wherever we play, and whoever we play against. I don't watch Champions League, or any other league, I wouldn't watch this one either.

Thing is if the big name clubs leaves the PL then so does the money. It'll become like Ligue 1 or a La Liga without the Madrid clubs and Barca. A much less sellable product.

Our owners might be up for spending their own money to keep a solid squad in a less glamorous version of the PL but the quality of player we could attract would be of a much lower quality.

I'm certain the likes of Newcastle will get in on the Super League if it happens and the clubs who don't jump on it will likely see their owners sell up. Ours might too.

It will break football completely but sadly not in the way that's needed. And that is the aim from Real Barceventus.

4 hours ago, sne said:

So apparently their (Juve, Real & Barca) next play is to take it to the EU court and argue that UEFA and FIFA are having an illegal monopoly on football.

And to help them argue the case is among others Belgian lawyer Jean-Louis Dupont who already helped ruin football by leading the case that led to the Bosman rule.

Juventus on the way out of the Champions League as I type this, 2 out of the 3 scum clubs will be out before the quarter finals

4 hours ago, sne said:

I suspect CSKA, Zenit, the Dinamo Brest, BATE Borisov, and Red Star Belgrade are in with a chance too.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

Hear hear! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sne said:

Thing is if the big name clubs leaves the PL then so does the money. It'll become like Ligue 1 or a La Liga without the Madrid clubs and Barca. A much less sellable product.

Our owners might be up for spending their own money to keep a solid squad in a less glamorous version of the PL but the quality of player we could attract would be of a much lower quality.

I'm certain the likes of Newcastle will get in on the Super League if it happens and the clubs who don't jump on it will likely see their owners sell up. Ours might too.

It will break football completely but sadly not in the way that's needed. And that is the aim from Real Barceventus.

I dont know<I mean how many teams are there going to be in this new league ? Because if it is something like 12/16 teams playing each other 3/4 times a season,well,how boring is that ?!

20 hours ago, sne said:

I cant really remember how it all worked before the bosman ruling but in fairness I don't think its that bad a rule, you sign a 5 year deal, when the 5 years are up you can move, there's the way that salaries then spiraled out of control afterwards but id aim that at agents over the rule, im not sure which sports have contracts that dont work in the same way

I also thought the whole point of this league was that it replaces the CL, they all want to stay in the PL

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I cant really remember how it all worked before the bosman ruling but in fairness I don't think its that bad a rule, you sign a 5 year deal, when the 5 years are up you can move, there's the way that salaries then spiraled out of control afterwards but id aim that at agents over the rule, im not sure which sports have contracts that dont work in the same way

I also thought the whole point of this league was that it replaces the CL, they all want to stay in the PL

Players were "owned" by teams even if their contracts were up, so you always had to buy a player instead of just paying more salary to the player. This meant that players stayed in their teams for long times and agents couldn't get their way like they do now.

Just now, AVTuco said:

Players were "owned" by teams even if their contracts were up, so you always had to buy a player instead of just paying more salary to the player. This meant that players stayed in their teams for long times and agents couldn't get their way like they do now.

but how did it work in terms of pay rises and salary?

in theory villa could sign a 21 year old stick him on £30k a week and if villa want that's him done until he retires at 35? regardless of how good he gets or if villa play him or not?

i can see why that doesn't exist anymore

20 hours ago, sne said:

Think it would actually be more enjoyable with lower quality players at the top table, no more rich clubs hoarding players. Could be a very entertaining and even league. 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

but how did it work in terms of pay rises and salary?

in theory villa could sign a 21 year old stick him on £30k a week and if villa want that's him done until he retires at 35? regardless of how good he gets or if villa play him or not?

i can see why that doesn't exist anymore

Different world. Teams and players came to agreements back then. Now players just leave when they want to. I don't think that's fair either.

Â