Breakaway League

Jareth

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

It's similar to when we have a government scandal and everyone froths over it for a week or so and then just totally forgets about it.

"Lessons to be learned" 

"Must ensure it doesn't happen again"

"Move forward"

Just saw that the Premier League and Scum6 are negotiating what their punishment should be. How the **** is that a thing? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

Just saw that the Premier League and Scum6 are negotiating what their punishment should be. How the **** is that a thing? 

Because the premier league need them, they bring in the most viewers and the most money. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Because the premier league need them, they bring in the most viewers and the most money. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. 

Their not going to be the big 6 with a league with just 6 teams.

The premier league is obviously  very close to the 6 and this has to change,  it has to represent  the whole league and to some extent the efl. They should come down hard on them , if they don't they have lost the fight and the ridiculous 6 will re organise and do it all again with a bit more guile. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Vice versa.

If the Premier League doesn't show balls, then the lunatics really are running the asylum.

10 minutes ago, AJ said:

Because if they don't agree to it then there will be a long dragged out court case challenging it

Its going to be purely financial punishment 

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because if they don't agree to it then there will be a long dragged out court case challenging it

Its going to be purely financial punishment 

The hate I have for the scum 6 just keeps on soaring.

• Like 1

Just now, AJ said:

The hate I have for the scum 6 just keeps on soaring.

I would say at a guess with City in particular they can afford better lawyers than the PL can

Was always going to be the case, the punishment was never going to be kicked out or points deductions no matter how much people wanted them, it'll be a fine 

The shit thing is with the way the PL power is shared between the 20 clubs effectively owning it its not like they can kick them off the boards or decision making process either like they have with UEFA

At the very least they should demand the sacking of the chief execs, Woodward has obviously gone but Levy should be going too but again I don't know what legal standing they have to make that demand 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would say at a guess with City in particular they can afford better lawyers than the PL can

Was always going to be the case, the punishment was never going to be kicked out or points deductions no matter how much people wanted them, it'll be a fine 

The shit thing is with the way the PL power is shared between the 20 clubs effectively owning it its not like they can kick them off the boards or decision making process either like they have with UEFA

At the very least they should demand the sacking of the chief execs, Woodward has obviously gone but Levy should be going too but again I don't know what legal standing they have to make that demand 

Kind of felt that was the situation, but I was hoping in vain that something more balanced would come out of it.

We all knew that the PL was going to do FA about it.  These POS clubs will maintain their sense of entitlement, and as @tinker, says, they will try again, but with lessons learnt from this attempt.

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Each? 

And comes under FFP? 

I’m confused now, as I heard from another source it’s £22m combined, £22m each is pathetic let alone £3.6m each

17 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’m confused now, as I heard from another source it’s £22m combined, £22m each is pathetic let alone £3.6m each

It is between them according to the BBC. That'll teach them!! 😠

SL6 Fined £20m

The six Premier League clubs involved in the European Super League (ESL) are set to be fined over £20m between them.

Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal wanted to form a breakaway league, a plan that was widely criticised across football and by the UK government.

Further cash penalties and points deductions will be applied should they attempt a similar project again.

It is understood the fines will help fund grassroots and community projects.

Nine of the ESL clubs - the six Premier League sides, plus AC Milan, Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid - were fined a similar amount by European governing body Uefa last month.

They agreed to pay 15m euros (£13.4m) between them and have 5% of their Uefa competition revenues held for one season, starting in 2023-24.

The BBC are reporting the fine is spread between the 6 clubs involved. Absolutely pathetic. 

The six Premier League clubs involved in the European Super League (ESL) are set to be fined over £20m between them.

28 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It will show them, United for example are paying that a year for a 2nd and 4th choice goalkeeper 🙄

24 minutes ago, NeilS said:

It is between them according to the BBC. That'll teach them!! 😠

SL6 Fined £20m

Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal wanted to form a breakaway league, a plan that was widely criticised across football and by the UK government.

Further cash penalties and points deductions will be applied should they attempt a similar project again.

It is understood the fines will help fund grassroots and community projects.

Nine of the ESL clubs - the six Premier League sides, plus AC Milan, Inter Milan and Atletico Madrid - were fined a similar amount by European governing body Uefa last month.

They agreed to pay 15m euros (£13.4m) between them and have 5% of their Uefa competition revenues held for one season, starting in 2023-24.

Pathetic, the same noise should be made now as was made when the super league was “formed”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Each? 

And comes under FFP? 

It wont.

The owners of these clubs have said that they will pay any fines out of their own pocket.

Â