Breakaway League

Jareth

I suppose Plop fans are turning on FSG today? I hope they are. I'm ashamed that they also own my hometown team. Ashamed to have the connection. Also that three of the clubs are American owned and that they clearly still don't respect the sport. Despicable cretins.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Ipswich, Sunderland and Charlton were in the top ten twenty years ago.Man City were relegated.

Nothing ever changes eh.

What terrible examples. Ipswich finished 5th once then were relegated the next season and havent been back.

Charlton had a couple of good seasons then disappeared without trace.

I didnt say things dont change, I meant that a couple of exceptions aside, if you want to achieve anything then you need huge financial backing and its been that way for a long time.

The premier league have got to say tomorrow that if the 6 go off to the ESL then they will be expelled. Anything else from that negotiating point is a bottle job and a back down.

It will be impossible for the league to have integrity with these batshit proposals.

However money talks so I am not exactly optimistic.

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

Leicester was an anomaly. Man City and Chelsea were bankrolled by foreign investors. What's your point?

That even under the ridiculous straightjacket of the current system there has been change - huge change. Even though the current system is almost comically staid, the football landscape twenty years ago was very different to today. The last twenty years has seen changes - it's not a laughable idea for that to be true - it IS demonstrably, factually true. If you think otherwise, you're wrong.

The proposed system will do away with that - even the small chances that exist now for a team to succeed will be removed - no more Leicesters, not even any more Chelsea's or Citeh's.

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I suppose Plop fans are turning on FSG today? I hope they are. I'm ashamed that they also own my hometown team. Ashamed to have the connection. Also that three of the clubs are American owned and that they clearly still don't respect the sport. Despicable cretins.

9 10 minute intervals. 

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I didnt say things dont change, I meant that a couple of exceptions aside, if you want to achieve anything then you need huge financial backing and its been that way for a long time.

But it won't be that way tomorrow - and that's the point, no matter how much money you have from now on, you won't be able to buy a seat at the table. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

But it won't be that way tomorrow - and that's the point, no matter how much money you have from now on, you won't be able to buy a seat at the table. 

And if you do, it will be once every 5 years or so to keep you happy, but not often enough that you might regularly win it.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Â