Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Alright mate, you're in too deep take a breath and drink some water. Anytime you're segmenting my post like that, I ain't reading it.

It's called discussing your points, that's what a forum does, isnt that what we are supposed to do on here.  I thought that's more preferable that just doing an off the cuff rejection comment, which seems pointless without defending my position but I'll remember not to do that with you in the future, I apologise.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I dont think his play from what I've seen from him is that much better than Tammy's if at all and Edouard is doing that in a poor league whereas Tammy is doing it in one of the top leagues in the world.  Edouard did it in a team that he very little competition, against very poor opposition whereas Tammy is battling major competition for his spot, at the top end of football and now against a manager that sometimes doesnt even include him in the squad.  It's world of levels different.  Edouard if he moved to PL would love stats like Tammy has below and most strikers dont get anywhere near these kind of stats.

It doesn't matter about Tammy's goal per minutes even if they are inflated by him being in an excellent team. His general play is so poor that it doesn't matter if he scored 5 more goals his team would be worse. Hell Chelsea replaced him with a striker that scored 6 goals all season and they won the champions league. 

Also edouard has done it against opponents in the champions league he is at least as good as tammy if not better and would be about half the price. Which you know would be helpful as we still need at least a backup CB and Keeper. Without factoring in the potential need for a wingerc/can and a starting cdm. 

Edit: Edouard has worse stats in a worse league. In SPL and Europa League he scored a goal every 120 minutes. 18 goals in 2280. Although that does include penalties. 

Which was substantially worse than his previous season where in SPL and EL he scored 24 goals in 2631 minutes. Or a goal every 110 minutes plus 11 assists. No penalties either

Again he missed 5 games due to Covid I think it is reasonably fair to say that affected his overall performances this year. 

Edited by MotoMkali

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It doesn't matter about Tammy's goal per minutes even if they are inflated by him being in an excellent team.

From the stat man, that notw stats dont support your argument that stats dont matter 😂

His general play is so poor that it doesn't matter if he scored 5 more goals his team would be worse

This is just so plainly false, I'm not going to argue with it.  At least be honest in a discussion.  If you dont like him then fine but dont talk rubbish mate

Hell Chelsea replaced him with a striker that scored 6 goals all season and they won the champions league. 

Tuchel doesnt like Tammy full stop, some managers prefer some players over the other

The player you are talking about is Werner, not just any player either he's a world class star so dont make it out like he's a nobody.  Yes Chelsea won the Champions League which is magnificent but also Werner's poor goal return really impacted their league position and winning games and 4th in the league for Chelsea wasnt great for them but a good second half of the season.

Also edouard has done it against opponents in the champions league

Not in the Champions league but the Champions League Qualifying....against those giants of Reykavik, FK Sarajavo, CFR Cluj, Rosenborg and Alashkert.....

he is at least as good as tammy if not better and would be about half the price

Yet nobody has brought him, even Leicester decided not to buy him for £15m and that's from Rogers who knows him.

Which you know would be helpful as we still need at least a backup CB and Keeper. Without factoring in the potential need for a wingerc/can and a starting cdm. 

So you think but that maybe not what Dean and co think.  I think a striker is priority after a CAM (you say LW).  Priorities are not the point because everybody disagrees plus how do you know we dont have enough for them as well.

You dont rate Tammy, that's fair enough or you think we should spend less and Edouard is the answer, fair enough.  I just dont agree.

Edited by nick76

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

From the stat man, that notw stats dont support your argument that stats dont matter 😂

This is just so plainly false, I'm not going to argue with it.  At least be honest in a discussion.  If you dont like him then fine but dont talk rubbish mate

Tuchel doesnt like Tammy full stop, some managers prefer some players over the other

The player you are talking about is Werner, not just any player either he's a world class star so dont make it out like he's a nobody.  Yes Chelsea won the Champions League which is magnificent but also Werner's poor goal return really impacted their league position and winning games and 4th in the league for Chelsea wasnt great for them but a good second half of the season.

Not in the Champions league but the Champions League Qualifying....against those giants of Reykavik, FK Sarajavo, CFR Cluj, Rosenborg and Alashkert.....

Yet nobody has brought him, even Leicester decided not to buy him for £15m and that's from Rogers who knows him.

So you think but that maybe not what Dean and co think.  I think a striker is priority after a CAM (you say LW).  Priorities are not the point because everybody disagrees plus how do you know we dont have enough for them as well.

You dont rate Tammy, that's fair enough or you think we should spend less and Edouard is the answer, fair enough.  I just dont agree.

You claim stats but ignore my edit disproving your stats claim. Where Edouard destroys tammy in gpm. Whilst contributing more in terms of goal creation. And again his season was seriously affected by Covid with him having to miss 2 separate periods of time.

When I say poor with tammy. I don't mean like his all round play is bad (I'm comparing to Giroud, Werner and Watkins - he just doesn't do enough compared to them in the build up play and it leads to fewer chances and goals). It is certainly better than some strikers in the division (Calvert-lewin for example) but compared to ollie the difference is night and day. If we were to sign another striker I'd like someone who can play differently to ollie not just someone who is worse than Ollie.

Also Edouard is pretty rapid and skillful so whilst I doubt he could play as a full on Winger he could easily drift out wide if we were to play 2 up top at any point in a 4-3-1-2 formation perhaps. 

I also don't think Edouard is the only answer just one of the valid ones. I don't think tammy is a correct answer because he is too much and his subpar build up play. Also in regards to Leicester Celtic were playing silly buggers one because of Brendan Rogers and 2 because of their stupid sell on clause and 3 because they didn't think Leicester had an alternative. Leicester turned to Patson daka and completed a deal who would have also been an excellent signing.

I suspect that may have impacted Celtic and they will be more genuine on their dealings with Edouard if they do want to sell. I think 20 million would probably be enough to get it done whereas Tammy would probably be 35+ add ons. 

Also in regards to me saying CL I rectified that in my edit. I meant Europa League which still has decent competition. 

Edited by MotoMkali

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You claim stats but ignore my edit disproving your stats claim. Where Edouard destroys tammy in gpm. Whilst contributing more in terms of goal creation. And again his season was seriously affected by Covid with him having to miss 2 separate periods of time.

When I say poor with tammy. I don't mean like his all round play is bad (I'm comparing to Giroud, Werner and Watkins - he just doesn't do enough compared to them in the build up play and it leads to fewer chances and goals). It is certainly better than some strikers in the division (Calvert-lewin for example) but compared to ollie the difference is night and day. If we were to sign another striker I'd like someone who can play differently to ollie not just someone who is worse than Ollie.

Also Edouard is pretty rapid and skillful so whilst I doubt he could play as a full on Winger he could easily drift out wide if we were to play 2 up top at any point in a 4-3-1-2 formation perhaps. 

I also don't think Edouard is the only answer just one of the valid ones. I don't think tammy is a correct answer because he is too much and his subpar build up play. Also in regards to Leicester Celtic were playing silly buggers one because of Brendan Rogers and 2 because of their stupid sell on clause and 3 because they didn't think Leicester had an alternative. Leicester turned to Patson daka and completed a deal who would have also been an excellent signing.

I suspect that may have impacted Celtic and they will be more genuine on their dealings with Edouard if they do want to sell. I think 20 million would probably be enough to get it done whereas Tammy would probably be 35+ add ons. 

Also in regards to me saying CL I rectified that in my edit. I meant Europa League which still has decent competition. 

Make It Stop GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Nick and Moto I know you're comparing Edouard with Tammy but would that not be better done in the Tammy thread?

No because we need a backup striker and I'm discussing a backup striker. 

The only downside of our club going about their business quietly and professionally is the lack of interesting transfer rumours. A quick look at Newsnow and it’s Will Hughes, Tuanzebe and that other guy, Tommy? Or something like that. Not much to get excited about there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You claim stats but ignore my edit disproving your stats claim. Where Edouard destroys tammy in gpm. Whilst contributing more in terms of goal creation

One is in the PL and one in the poor Scottish league

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

You said this about Callum Wilson who never has ever played as a winger.  You cant just make things up to support your argument.  I can make stuff up too...Tammy can be a defender because he's so tall...it's just nonsense and not valid for this discussion.

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't think tammy is a correct answer because he is too much and his subpar build up play.

This is incorrect and if you want to compare Edouard then compare Tammy's link up play when he was with us in the Championship (almost equivalent levels) which was excellent with jack and co.  Plus dont we have Jack, Buendia, Traore and we are hoping to get ESR to do build up player.  What we need is somebody to put the ball in the net when those chances are created.  We dont necessarily need another creator or a striker that plays anywhere but in the box.  We are collecting some of the best creators in the PL and when they create, which they will, we need somebody in the box finishing off.  So while I disagree with you around Tammy's build up play, it's at least sufficient for what we need even in worse case scenario, he can score the goals created.

11 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Also in regards to Leicester Celtic were playing silly buggers one because of Brendan Rogers and 2 because of their stupid sell on clause and 3 because they didn't think Leicester had an alternative.

So Edouard could be a lot more expensive than 15m to us as well.  At what point do you think he's value for money? 20m, 25m, 30m?  you are also guessing on what tammy's price might be at 20m.  If Edouard was 25m and tammy was 35m does that make a difference.

Ok before I get told off I will stop on this thread because we do have a Tammy thread.  So if you want to debate me take it over there to the Tammy thread as I am stopping about Tammy on this thread because I am worried about @Lord Willard health if I continue.