Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And this is my fear about this stubborn ( Must be British or British based ) thing - If any truth to links.

You start at the likes of Beundia, ESR, Ward Prowse, then end up with the likes of Cantwell and Winks if first choices don't go through.

As I've previously said, I'd much rather invest in top tier foreigners, even if they take more time to settle, than to end up with the likes of Josh King, for example. 

I appreciate the principle, but it's highly restrictive IMO.

FB_IMG_1625070239052.jpg

Norwegian:P

• Haha 1

The British first or knowing the league is obviously driven by Smith and I can see the merits and also the drawbacks. A mix is key or we will end up Splurging money away for the sake of it where better value is out there to be had. Sander Berge fits the criteria and would suggest is a more realistic option than Winks. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I f*cked that up didn't I? lol

English based, nonetheless.

Yeah and I knew what you meant to be honest. I just thought I'd poke fun at a mistake in an otherwise concise and sensible post.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The British first or knowing the league is obviously driven by Smith and I can see the merits and also the drawbacks. A mix is key or we will end up Splurging money away for the sake of it where better value is out there to be had. Sander Berge fits the criteria and would suggest is a more realistic option than Winks. 

Smith might also be leading everyone up the garden path with his comments on transfer policy.

Love Deano but have to say Harry Winks strikes me as the type of player I wouldn't be surprised in him liking for that position. Higher level obviously but real Tom Carroll vibes about it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I f*cked that up didn't I? lol

English based, nonetheless.

If we hadn’t signed Sanson then sure, but we’re clearly not against signing foreign based players if the recruiting team like them. 

Flip side of that: we say one minute that it’s okay if new boys take time to settle, and in the next that insufficient progress next season means Deano’s head on the block - and it probably is. 

I don’t think ‘we’ as a fan base can have it both ways, and Smith will naturally minimise the risk to his own ongoing employment. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, paul514 said:

To try and get this off Abraham chat….

Who would you sign if you had 200 million NET football manager style?

I’ll start…..

RB Max Aarons 30m

CB Nikola Milenkovic 20m 

LB Owen Wijndal 15m

DCM Teun Koopmeiners 15m

DCM Manuel Locatelli 35m

WF Mikel Oyarzabal 65m

ST Eduoard 20m

Total 200m

Sell

Guilbert 5m

Hourihane 4m

Nakamba 10m

El Ghazi 15m

Total 34m

Leaves you with enough for a back up keeper and an attacking midfielder if you want 

Anything to stop the Abraham chat

Tammy Abraham 40m

Total 40m

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And this is my fear about this stubborn ( Must be British or British based ) thing - If any truth to links.

You start at the likes of Beundia, ESR, Ward Prowse, then end up with the likes of Cantwell and Winks if first choices don't go through.

As I've previously said, I'd much rather invest in top tier foreigners, even if they take more time to settle, than to end up with the likes of Josh King, for example. 

I appreciate the principle, but it's highly restrictive IMO.

FB_IMG_1625070239052.jpg

Well if a decent price came in for Luiz that was well above what we paid for him, we would be mad to turn down an offer.

As for Prowse and C*ntwell I am not sure they'd be good here under Smith, we need better arriving and I reckon the media are just floating names around because they are clueless to any real business going on this window.

Harry Winks isn't as bad as is made out, I don't particular want us to sign him but wouldn't be major disappointed if we did.

Cantwell is someone that it crossed my mind that we might go for if we couldn't get Smith Rowe, I think he's an underrated player.

But I'd be dubious of those links, I'm not sure that Mike McGrath is the most reliabe of reporters on transfers.

Actually think Cantwell has a ton of potential, but a little strange if we buy Buendia AND him.

Winks strikes me as someone who needs a move and he will then either flourish or vanish without trace. I imagine that will end up being to someone like West Ham.