Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Harry Winks isn't as bad as is made out, I don't particular want us to sign him but wouldn't be major disappointed if we did.

He's one where I can see he has some ability, but always find myself wondering...

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The new format of the site next to your avatar. But I'll take the fish pun joke too. Obviously.

oh I had noticed them but hadn't paid much attention just thought they were an addition to the avatar and not something more.  Just read a bit more about them and seems limpid will adjust them anyway in the coming weeks.  Thanks for letting me know anyway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Cantwell I’d take for sure, dependent on the fee of course.

No to Winks, reminds me of Ashley Westwood 

i wouldnt take Cantwell or Winks.

I might have taken Cantwell last summer, but we have moved beyond that now i think, Cantwell isnt that good.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i wouldnt take Cantwell or Winks.

I might have taken Cantwell last summer, but we have moved beyond that now i think, Cantwell isnt that good.

Don't think either player has progressed over the last 2 years. Cantwell should have kicked on at least 2 years ago. I don't rate Winks at all.

As I say I think Winks is okay and dare I be so bold to say it but in all round play better than Ward Prowse, or rather at his best better than Ward Prowse, maybe Ward Prowse is more consistent, but I doubt that we're in for him or Ward Prowse for that matter.

If what Percy has said about us wanting a DCM is true and liking Romeu then it probably follows that if we can't get him then the alternative will be a similar type of player, rather than a Winks or Ward Prowse type, or aren't even really DMs to begin with.

Whoever we sign next will probably be someone that hasn't been talked as is usually the case, or rather whoever we're reliably linked to next will be someone that hasn't been talked about, then there will be discussions on them until the signing is confirmed or not...

No one predicted that we'd resign Ashley Young, or that we would bid for Smith Rowe and there will probably be similar surprises to come, before it was reported that we were interested no one was expecting us to move for Buendia as it was felt that Norwich wouldn't sell upon promotion.

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

As if by magic…Telegraph on Twitter say

Transfer notebook: Aston Villa express interest in James Ward-Prowse and also monitoring Harry Winks and Todd Cantwell”

Thats about it, no basis to it, just that. Also mention that Roma want Douglas Luiz.

Casting their net wide, would you say?

Harry winks is a player I feel would be better appreciated somewhere like Spain. Technically fantastic player who I feel is judged harshly and can see him moving abroad and thriving. Do I want him at Villa though ? The answer is no due to the fact he is too similar to players we already have. Cantwell again is a tidy player ( needs a haircut lol) and again think he is harshly judged by some and written off as shite …