Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Hey @nick76 I'll bet you a fiver Alisha scores more goals next season than Tammy

Don't make silly bets like this because if it came true and Alisha went and scored 15 this upcoming season, then Villa would have a heck of a female scorer on there books. Then all Tammy has to do is come in, score 12 and he'd still be a success lol.

We do need another striker even if it isn't Tammy.

Another season with Davis and Wes as back ups, not for me and surprised so many are fine with it. Loan Davis out and have Wes doing his role with last 15 minute sub cameos and get in someone who can develop and play out wide.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Looking at his career so far, he failed to settle in Spain to the point that no club would pay anything for him. This either means that he couldn't handle living outside of Brazil or he's just not any good. Some massive red flags there for me, Qld. 

He’s only been in Spain for 18 months came directly from Brazil and was sent out on loan for first 6 months.

Considering Barca is a bit of a shit show at the moment and was signed by previous president, you couldn’t trust any decisions they are making.

Seen enough of him in Brazil to know there’s a player there, but agree he may not of settled in at Barca, but considering how it’s been run lately may not be the kids fault. He’ll be picked up on a free, too much potential not to be.

Can we please put all the non stop Abraham chat on the Abraham thread. I come on here see several pages and think what’s going on here then? 
it’s just people chatting about Abraham for the best part of a week.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He's not even at the scoring level in a Scottish league as Tammy is in the PL.  That's not a great sign and who knows if he really is that skillful when at a higher level, faster, higher pressure...it could be that he like that at a lower level in the Scottish league but whether it's transferable.   Even Leicester have now looked like passing that up to get a quality striker in Daka.

I think I'd be happier to take proven at our level in Tammy with room to grow over unknown and perceived potential in Edouard

He had a down year compared to last season but he had 21 goal contributions in 26 Games. He also missed 5 games due to Covid and we can all acknowledge how much of an impact that has on your performance immediately after. And again I think the rest of his play is substantially better than Tammy's. 

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He had a down year compared to last season but he had 21 goal contributions in 26 Games. He also missed 5 games due to Covid and we can all acknowledge how much of an impact that has on your performance immediately after. And again I think the rest of his play is substantially better than Tammy's. 

I dont think his play from what I've seen from him is that much better than Tammy's if at all and Edouard is doing that in a poor league whereas Tammy is doing it in one of the top leagues in the world.  Edouard did it in a team that he very little competition, against very poor opposition whereas Tammy is battling major competition for his spot, at the top end of football and now against a manager that sometimes doesnt even include him in the squad.  It's world of levels different.  Edouard if he moved to PL would love stats like Tammy has below and most strikers dont get anywhere near these kind of stats.

6 league goals last season in 1033 minutes in the top league, that's equivalent as 1 in just under every 2 games and a lot of those minutes were bits of games and not a long run.  Overall he got 12 goals in 1533 minutes which is less that 1 goals in every 1.5 matches. 

The season before he scored in the top league 15 goals in equivalent of 1 in every 148 minutes, which is just over 1 in every 1.5 games. 

Then dropping down a level the season before in the Championship he scored 25 league goals in 37 games.

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm not against squad depth even though you continually represent my posts as such but if you think Tuanzebe is a good signing then we're in disagreement

You know it's banter.

As for the player, I think Taunzebe would be a decent back up option to our defence and I appreciate we're all of different opinions.

I cannot think of another CB in this league who is available or as good as Tuanzebe is and the bonus is that he knows Villa from his time with us previously.

22 minutes ago, Craigy1874 said:

Any news on Abraham?

Yep, just checked and he was last seen in Hebron (modern day West Bank) a few days back (3,750 years or so ago to be accurate). 

Reports say he died gambling, onlookers say he was in Prophet at the time. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I have to take an aspirin every time I see you post. (Only when it's about Tammy) 

Surprised you haven't overdosed the amount I've posted the last few days...

Edited by nick76