Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

9 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

if we didn't have Ollie, I don't think many of us would have as big concerns with buying Tammy for that. But we already have him, and he played in 37/38 games for us last year. I just don't see the need to spend that amount of money on a backup striker (when we've played with mostly 1 up top) while we have FFP enacted.  

That’s not the point that was being made, the point made was that £40m for Abraham was too expensive.

1 minute ago, QldVilla said:

That’s not the point that was being made, the point made was that £40m for Abraham was too expensive.

It is for a backup striker. We're not converting to 2 up front formation. We don't have Europe yet. FFP still exists

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It is for a backup striker. We're not converting to 2 up front formation. We don't have Europe yet. FFP still exists

You missed the point that was being made, a few commented that Abraham wasn't worth 40m, I made the point made on the transfer fee for Watkins.

I'm not going to get caught up in the personal opinions section of why we should or not buy anyone, that's for the manager.

Just now, QldVilla said:

You missed the point that was being made, a few commented that Abraham wasn't worth 40m, I made the point made on the transfer fee for Watkins.

Ok fair enough.

P.S. Up the Blues 😉

• Haha 2

Been gone a few days, was hoping for more juicy rumors, spectacular ITK facts or at least a couple of big buys! Is nothing happening on the Odsonne Édouard front?

1 hour ago, Ponky said:

Oh God. I haven't visited VT for about 18 months and the day I return - fish puns

It’s a tradition as old as the bedrock on which we lie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ponky said:

Oh God. I haven't visited VT for about 18 months and the day I return - fish puns

Welcome back but there is no need to carp on about the fish puns. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

A striker that doesn’t score a good amount of goals isn’t of much use.

It is his primary role in a team.

I think you are correct but at the same time, you’re doing someone like Emile Heskey a disservice. Heskey used to do the hard work, so that other players could flourish. Target men are so few and far in between these days

• Like 1

I saw a thing to say Crystal Palace are releasing 22 players, so thought that we could perhaps pick up a player on a free that could help add squad depth… here’s the list:

Brandon Aveiro, Lewis Bryon, Gary Cahill, Nathaniel Clyne, Scott Dann, Kian Flanagan, Kevin Gonzalez, Harlem Hale, Stephen Henderson, Wayne Hennessey, Lewis Hobbs, Rohan Luthra, Alfie Matthews, James McCarthy, Jacob Russell, Jude Russell, Mamadou Sakho, Andros Townsend, Patrick van Aanholt, Joel Ward, Connor Wickham, Samuel Woods.

… but I don’t think there any any there that would be worth going for and that would improve our squad much.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I saw a thing to say Crystal Palace are releasing 22 players, so thought that we could perhaps pick up a player on a free that could help add squad depth… here’s the list:

Brandon Aveiro, Lewis Bryon, Gary Cahill, Nathaniel Clyne, Scott Dann, Kian Flanagan, Kevin Gonzalez, Harlem Hale, Stephen Henderson, Wayne Hennessey, Lewis Hobbs, Rohan Luthra, Alfie Matthews, James McCarthy, Jacob Russell, Jude Russell, Mamadou Sakho, Andros Townsend, Patrick van Aanholt, Joel Ward, Connor Wickham, Samuel Woods.

… but I don’t think there any any there that would be worth going for and that would improve our squad much.

Agree. Wouldn't sign up a single one of those players.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Agree. Wouldn't sign up a single one of those players.

Yeah, for the wages most of those would want I’d rather us take a chance on two younger prospects and see how they progress

• Like 1