Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Im excited for this summer, all being well, this should be our most exciting transfer window in more than a decade!, as long as we are willing to put the cash up!

I really hope we can convince a few top players to come to us, we havent been in such a positive position as a club since the early MON years imo, in terms of club progress.

If you look at 06/07, after MONs first year where we also finished 11th, this season kinda feels like that for me, where i actually have some excitement when i consider the future!

10-15 years since we are in such a good place!, i hope we make the most of it.

I understand the enthusiasm, however, had we not dropped the silly points against the bottom six teams that we did, we would have finished in a better league position and be in a much more attractive position, maybe even offering European football to attract a better ilk of player this summer?

That being said, it has been a decent season and fingers crossed we get some tasty names to sign for us.

All eyes on the transfer window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

@Danny_Villaman84 I agree with almost all of what you say other than the wingers. Too easy to forget El Ghazi for all his inconsistencies has scored 9 prem goals so far, important ones too ... Traore 6 goals & 6 assists plus 4 of 7 goals are nominees for goals of the season... Grealish back, Philogene-Bidace coming through. I can see us targeting a quality CAM who can cover the flanks and poss another ST/WF, instead of a out-&-out winger ... I do reckon we will sign a young prospect to develop... Who though ?

Hey Buck, thanks 😉 it is health to debate 🙂 I’m sorry i will go deep to clear the picture what i see and why i ask for replacement them.

I am not forget El Ghazi and Traore - both is a very good player and score very important and nice goals, it is not importance to my eyes. As for me Teamwork are vital importance over goals and assists as it is teamwork sport not a individual sport.

El Ghazi and Traore has score very important, they like bad form and play very poor and got score goal. People start forget his bad games people will remember goal, but me remember bad games and goals. We should look bad and good, trained them and learn mistake and improvement themselves - El Ghazi did it and still does it and learn experience but bad thing they still keep this when they should know and study the mistake, and still do this (which should be improve or cut the mistake) he did it for how many season he with us ? 3rd ?

That why i want him goes... and I would give Traore a chance 1 or 2 season more that know where stand with him after.

Both is guilty of not track back or support full back, or don’t work together with full back when they are overlap they keen they overlap - lung burst and got not ball to receive in pass as they wait for draw them toward them, most of the time fail and try dribble 1-vs-1 after not pass to overlap in end - they lost ball, and they keep do it again and again, again. It is arrogant attuide they should able recognise the mistake and see the opening up.

either counter attack to hit us with exploring space our right side or left side to create runner down deep, most time i see full back lung burst to track back - and i often see full back quick into box to defend and they often stood there and wait for space to attack back with free space to hit back even full back already man mark both of it. That often i angry with their attitudes, and full back ask them back to help them out most of time they left them 2 vs 1 our full back - or in end score against us. 

Which you prefer? If winger is Fault lost ball by dribble or passing than he do; 

Option A) not help out defend and can score goal + Assist  (Or)  Not Help out defend and can’t score goal + Assist?
(or) 
Option B) Help out Defend and Can’t Score goal + Assist? (Or) Help out defend and can score goal + Assist?  

for me Option B is best choice that why i will alway choice Trezeguet over El Ghazi. At moment he is injured and out of the season until half way next season. Even I would keep him as back up. I know El Ghazi would bring you goal and he would make goal against to us as not help out defend. It is hard pick out.

Yeh if we go for ACM that Grealish stay in Left winger we might not need find replacement but Right side yes we would need find replacement that why i hope we go for McNeill or Periara or Brook or Olise or other player whatever. 

if we go Right foot Left winger and move Grealish free roles which he is more threat that left, yet i prefer he stay left so slow dribble take a time so it is ideal for overlap easy rather pace dribble type - that what i would play Watkins in Left and Abraham and Grealish in ACM. It is good have 2 different type slow playmaker winger and pace wide forward. that why people want Buadica that what i agreed for - For left playmaker winger.

We don’t have slow playmaker winger in right side last we has is Snodgrass, we need go find like this that why i see suggest - Olise and other player that what good for have option in right side with Traore.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Both El Ghazi and Trezeguet only have two years left on their contract, so probably getting to the stage where we need to either offer them a new deal or sell them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, useless said:

Both El Ghazi and Trezeguet only have two years left on their contract, so probably getting to the stage where we need to either offer them a new deal or sell them.

No chance of selling Trez before January window at the earliest, but hopefully AEG will be on his way this summer - with thanks for his goals this season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

That why i think best rid them and get profit or loss whatever the money could go add money to buy better player that let them cheap or free as i think they not good enough.- unfortunately. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

That why i think best rid them and get profit or loss whatever the money could go add money to buy better player that let them cheap or free as i think they not good enough.- unfortunately. 

It's difficult - both ARE good enough for the prem, and have proven themselves. But neither are good enough for top 6. They are a bit Matt Lowton. 

We should make a profit on El Ghazi, we only paid around £7m for him, then again he's a Mendes client and those players when it comes to transfer fees seem to be governed by different rules compared to other players - see us getting him for as little as £7m in the first place.

Not saying we should or shouldn't sell El Ghazi, but at some point we're probably going to have to get used to selling good players, which as long as they're not our best players, will be a sign that we're doing well and that our squad is growing in strength.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's difficult - both ARE good enough for the prem, and have proven themselves. But neither are good enough for top 6. They are a bit Matt Lowton. 

I think more like bottom 8 not mid table even top 8, yet good squad player for sure that why i happy keep them

but i think better option sell him and buy new player to fund to other priority area to better squad that we have now it is will help push to top 6 and try stay there for long term that what we should focus, crop off not good enough yet sell nice profit, and replace better upgrade.

Matt Lowton? No if I rate him high as he is really very good player for us. I think he is underrated by most fan when he is really good player - I rate him high.

• Like 1

To improve you need to, primarily, replace the current starting players. Adding depth only helps you for the handful of games you need with injuries and suspensions.

So we need to be aiming to sign players that can genuinely fight for that spot. There are some easier targets than others - Martinez clearly isn't going to be given much of a fight!

But I think Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Traore, El Ghazi, Trez and, to some extent, Watkins all need a genuine challenge to their spot. If they become the back ups then we have improved as a team.

Konsa is ahead of Mings for me. I'd like to see Guilbert back to genuinely challenge Cash but think Cash will win out. Still adds strength vs Elmo periods. Targett has zero threat to position but is only area on pitch I can see we'd be buying purely for back up. Grealish is a can of worms obviously.

My knowledge of players outside Premier League is limited to non-existant so I'd be looking at the likes of Tuanzebe, Eze, Pereira, Buendia, Abraham. All would improve our starting line up. We'll probably go for none of them!

Could be an interesting summer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, supermon said:

As a direct replacement for Conor it might not be a bad shout at all. At least we’ll get a good look at him playing at a higher level in the Euros. 

Edit: Also PFA Scotland’s Young Player of the Year. At that price and age it could be worth a punt. 

Edited by Awol

14 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’m not sure why so many Villa fans are keen to replace Traore? He’s just had his 1st season where he’s shown more than just a glimpse of outstanding talent. I’m excited to see him next season after a full pre-season and having had a year to get settled. With one or two upgrades behind him we could have a more consistent and exceptional talent in our team. Some of his forward play and finishing has been sublime. If we were  watching him do what he’s done in a relegated Fulham team we’d be screaming to get him signed up! 
I’d say as a priority we need to sign a cracking left sided forward and CDM. I see Grealish wanting to play the No10 role next season, which is a huge upgrade on Barkley. So I think we need 2-3 expensive players that can go into the starting eleven, and if we have any budget left then we might get another one or two in with good potential but young enough to wait for their 1st team chances. 
This could be our last season of big recruitment, as we’ll have a starting eleven that is good enough and young enough to stay together for a few seasons, which should allow some of our currently outstanding youth players the time to filter through into our 1st team and save us an awful lot of money, whilst maintaining a position up amongst the best teams. We look to have an exciting few seasons ahead of us. UTV

Yeah thats all well and good but Lyon fans said he was shit so its a fact 🙄😜

13 hours ago, Fox1884 said:

He thrived when he played next to Kante, but playing alongside anyone else he really struggled

He was shocking in the Great Escape season and was also very poor in 16/17 after we sold Kante

Yeah thats all well and good but did you see his main strength, have you seen him headbutt somebody 😛