Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

26 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Yes but replace brooks with someone else.

Why?

I would love 3 from 4 out of Brooks, Sarr, Buendia and Olise!

That would be a statement and give us so many options on the three behind Ollie with Jack and BT in the mix as well!

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Why?

That would be a statement and give us so many options on the three behind Ollie with Jack and BT in the mix as well!

Because I can think of a whole heap of better players for less or the same price 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Why?

I’m not overly excited about that to be honest and wouldn’t call it a statement mate.  Some good quality in there for sure but I hope that’s the minimum type of quality we are looking at and would be happy with signing them but not really sitting up and saying wow if three of them are our main signings in the summer.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I always thought Bielik looks like he could be a player. He is big and likes to get stuck in. He also can carry/pass from deep. Doesn’t seem to play every week though so maybe has injury problems?

was someone I've been looking at as well. Think he did his ACL recently though

• Like 1

Matthew Sorinola from MK Dons is another great young LB prospect I hope we are scouting... 

Hundsight and all that but I do wonder if we would have been better off signing Buendia last summer over Berkeley & Traore ... we will never know 

Edited by thabucks

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not overly excited about that to be honest and wouldn’t call it a statement mate.  Some good quality in there for sure but I hope that’s the minimum type of quality we are looking at and would be happy with signing them but not really sitting up and saying wow if three of them are our main signings in the summer.

Brooks and Olise aside (he would be a squad player who might be really good) the other two would be top class signings. I'd plump for Sarr before Buendia on the right based on pace mostly. I suspect Buendia could be a 10 but I fear he is a bit light weight and doesn't do much defensively...... maybe I am wrong on that. I would like three forwards just so I could get rid of Trez and AEG but two would be good enough.

At the moment my list is Edouard, Sarr, Olise, Koopmeiners, Wijndal and that lot would cost 100m. I'd like to add another forward and a centre back to that.

I'd sell Trez, AEG (if we bring in a third forward), Engels (if we bring in a centre back), Kalinic,  Samatta (already agreed),  Hourihane.
I'd release Elmo and Taylor
I'd loan out Davis and Ramsey (plus any of the kids)
I'll drive Barkley back to Cobham

If we're serious about challenging higher up the league, then we'd do well to try and sign some players with experience of playing for clubs that have graced those lofty heights. That's how we're going to move to the next level, need more signings like Martinez, and although he hasn't entirely worked out, Barkley.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Matthew Sorinola from MK Dons is another great young LB prospect I hope we are scouting... 

Hundsight and all that but I do wonder if we would have been better off signing Buendia last summer over Berkeley & Traore ... we will never know 

Well we do know, we would have been far better off 

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

These two must be useless as they don't even make the squad.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These two must be useless as they don't even make the squad.

I was going to be witty and say that he must be useless because Barkley is as much use as a bag of sand but at least an empty bag of sand might blow into the face of an opposition player and therefore more useful 

• Haha 1

There is a young Swedish LB named Gabriel Gudmundsson playing for Groningen in Holland. He's having a great season and has been scouted by both Man City, Napoli and RB Leipzig.

Honestly don't know much about him or watched him apart from a U-21 game for Sweden but he's had a fantastic development after moving from LW to LB this season.

Might be a interesting cheap option.

• Thanks 1

After the signings of Traore and Sanson, wouldn't be surprised to see us at that market again in the summer. Lille seem to have some good players called Jonathan, Jonathan Ikoné, Jonathan David, and Jonathan Bamba.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

After the signings of Traore and Sanson, wouldn't be surprised to see us at that market again in the summer. Lille seem to have some good players called Jonathan, Jonathan Ikoné, Jonathan David, and Jonathan Bamba.

France is a good shopping market at the moment, the only reason I haven't gone shopping there in my list is there has been a standout person to buy somewhere else.

We have to guard against thinking that just because Cash and Watkins have done well for us as championship signings, then any player that's doing well in the championship will do well for us. Not every player from that division is able to make the step up, the aforementioned duo had an obvious extra dimension to their game that made it quite clear that they had every chance of doing well in the premier league, but you have to look at their overall game, and not just one aspect of it.

I imagine that we might look to the championship again, but only for a couple of signings, as with last season, and only if the uppermost crème de la crème happens to be availabe, or for youngsters with exceptional potential, such as Olise.

• Like 1

Announce camavinga! 

But in all seriousness Leicester have plucked kante and fofana from France and their national teams are absolutely stacked, loads of competition for places which someone might see starring for villa being advantageous over being a sub at a CL team, hard to tell

Wouldn't mind gouiri or kamara but kamara will be unrealistic l not a clue where gouiri is being pitched at, I'm sure bard had a fallout with lyon but I think that was about not being 1st choice, want to see more of cherki, Saliba and todibo both sound like dicks but would be an improvement over engels 

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Why?

I have watched Sarr a few times this season, and to be brutally honest i thought he looked bang average every time!

Brooks looks too lightwieght for me, or just a mixture of a bit lightweight and not particularly fast.

I would take Buendia and Olise though.

Personally, for England based players, i like the look of Buendia, Olise and McNeil.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Announce camavinga! 

But in all seriousness Leicester have plucked kante and fofana from France and their national teams are absolutely stacked, loads of competition for places which someone might see starring for villa being advantageous over being a sub at a CL team, hard to tell

Wouldn't mind gouiri or kamara but kamara will be unrealistic l not a clue where gouiri is being pitched at, I'm sure bard had a fallout with lyon but I think that was about not being 1st choice, want to see more of cherki, Saliba and todibo both sound like dicks but would be an improvement over engels 

Someone was saying we should sign JWP but he would probably cost 50m, I'm paraphrasing but that is essentially what they said. I immediately thought you can pretty much buy Camavinga for that kind of money if you are the right club.

If Monaco doesn't get into the CL then Aurélien Tchouaméni (DCM) and Benoît Badiashile (CB) would be great pick ups.

No idea if they'd be interested in moving from Monaco to Birmingham of course but who wouldn't.

Just now, paul514 said:

Someone was saying we should sign JWP but he would probably cost 50m, I'm paraphrasing but that is essentially what they said. I immediately thought you can pretty much buy Camavinga for that kind of money if you are the right club.

That's why I said whilst I think JWP is a good player that's why I didn't want to sign him! 

Mid table PL clubs rarely buy other mid table PL clubs star players for huge sums of money, the value isn't there

• Like 3

Just now, sne said:

If Monaco doesn't get into the CL then Aurélien Tchouaméni (DCM) and Benoît Badiashile (CB) would be great pick ups.

No idea if they'd be interested in moving from Monaco to Birmingham of course but who wouldn't.

Was looking at badiashile to see if he's been linked to anyone, all there was was an article on how he's glad he was at Monaco rather than joining utd