Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think it's definitely a good idea to look at South America for flair players.

Sign them before they blow up

Plethora of creative talent !

The only problem with signing 90% of them being that we will have to deal with Kia Joorabchian.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I've read that Arsenal are doing there most to try and sign him.

That could work out well. Let Arsenal take Coutinho and we take Odegaard. Simples. Seriously, if they sign Coutinho and don't sign Odegaard then it's a serious retrograde step.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We could match him to Grealish's £140k a week and offer a decent signing bonus to reflect what would be a reduced price.

Anyways, what I'm really looking to get across is that I think we're restricting ourselves to players of smaller reputation and I think we can afford to be ambitious.

Puig is the one from barca I'd like us to go for, linked with bigger clubs but I think if we go aggressive we could get him

Anyone know how Sergio gomez is doing at huesca? Could test to see how much of a future he has at dortmund too

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Yeah, we should only buy from clubs where it's 100% worked out in the past.

Is gaslighting full time or partime for you.🤪

I would love a Luc Nilis type signing this summer. A legacy signing if you will. Had he not had that horrific accident with Wright I genuinely believe we would have been much more solid and regular top 6 contenders for a long time after he left. 

Can't think who could fit that bill.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I would love a Luc Nilis type signing this summer. A legacy signing if you will. Had he not had that horrific accident with Wright I genuinely believe we would have been much more solid and regular top 6 contenders for a long time after he left. 

Yeah, what a player he looked. Could well have been absolutely billiant for us for at least a couple of seasons and that goal against Chelsea is still one of our best in the PL.

Must admit when Cavani was available i'd have loved him here, never going to happen of course. But someone of his experience and stature would be immense.

Problem is players who have one big move left such as Cavani and Aguero they will be looking for that final big pay day and we are not going to give it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think the club tried it with Mandukic.

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

For a statement signing that gives us a genuine threat alongside Grealish, and one that changes the way that some people think about us, I think we could get Coutinho.

Barca are desperate to offload him because of a clause that means they'll owe Liverpool another twenty million pounds if he plays a handful more games for them, and I reckon we could get him for a reasonable price - wages would be a problem, but put him on what Jack's on and give him a big signing bonus and it's not completely out of the question.

I just think that this summer in particular, we could do with a signing that says we're very serious about what we're doing, one that gets ears up.

The man is supposedly on anywhere between 12 and 20 million a year depending on what report you believe..... I don't see it at all on top of the fee required and the other choices he would have

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

That could work out well. Let Arsenal take Coutinho and we take Odegaard. Simples. Seriously, if they sign Coutinho and don't sign Odegaard then it's a serious retrograde step.

I'd rather Odengaard too.

Coutinho is a spent force for the sums that would be involved. Imagine the we would have destroyed his career if Lambert signed him back in the day. 

We should be looking at youngsters in the B team who could be tempted away. Konrad de la Fuente And Álex Collado appear to be on the peripheries with little chance to progress given the talent ahead of them. 

Edited by thabucks

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We could match him to Grealish's £140k a week and offer a decent signing bonus to reflect what would be a reduced price.

Anyways, what I'm really looking to get across is that I think we're restricting ourselves to players of smaller reputation and I think we can afford to be ambitious.

Just don’t think we are financially able to get anywhere that type of signing/wages due to FFP. As I’ve previously posted we will still be hamstrung by FFP until Summer 2022. Until then, the signing of ‘superstars’ or bigger reputation players will just not happen unfortunately. 

Edited by eholm
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

doesnt start at Ajax anymore, more of a sub

Checked before I posted and he started home and away v Young Boys (although perhaps that's more due to the mess up over not registering Haller).

Guess Ajax will decide to cash in on him in the summer then. Stock probably not as high as two years back so think someone like that would be a really smart pick up given he can play CF or out wide.

Coutinho feels so much like an Everton signing to me. Or Juventus.

Can see Everton being in for him given Hames had about 4 good games start of the season and barely been seen since (until it warms up) and dosen't like Liverpool very much so he'll be off as soon as the season is over so they'll have void in number 10 and they've taken loads of Barca players in last few years.

I do think next step for us is to start getting some decent players from CL/europa clubs who've been playing but maybe fallen out of favour for whatever reason in last 12 months. Mentioned a few RB Leipzig players and Neres at Ajax and certainly they'd be all affordable in terms of wages.

Basically another 2-3 Martinez types in outfield positions who just need a team to give them regular starts.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Coutinho is a spent force for the sums that would be involved. Imagine the we would have destroyed his career if Lambert signed him back in the day. 

We should be looking at youngsters in the B team who could be tempted away. Konrad de la Fuente And Álex Collado appear to be on the peripheries with little chance to progress given the talent ahead of them. 

Only trouble with that is Barca will insist on buy back clauses so that will always be lingering just when we're building a proper team.

56 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only trouble with that is Barca will insist on buy back clauses so that will always be lingering just when we're building a proper team.

Make the clause a lot higher than the purchase price and time limited then it’s fine