General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

I just thought he went for the ball, got it and Skipp just put his head in and stuff happens etc.

He got booked so I don't see the huge issue.

Near the end of the game Chambers did overhead kick in the box and that connected with Shaw so little difference and it's ridiculous if players start getting red cards regularly for that sort of action.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 20:26, VillaChris said:

I just thought he went for the ball, got it and Skipp just put his head in and stuff happens etc.

He got booked so I don't see the huge issue.

Near the end of the game Chambers did overhead kick in the box and that connected with Shaw so little difference and it's ridiculous if players start getting red cards regularly for that sort of action.

Yeah high boot or stooping low with your head has always been dangerous play and a free kick.  If there is a connection when attempting to go for the ball it should only be a yellow.  Doing it deliberately would be violent conduct and a red card.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Only 3 minutes of added time in a game with multiple subs, dozens of fouls and two breaks for head injuries.

Club should be sending in video evidence and demanding a written explanation. Not that it in itself cost us the match, but on principle alone.

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Only 3 minutes of added time in a game with multiple subs, dozens of fouls and two breaks for head injuries.

That’s probably as bad a ‘decision’ as I’ve seen this season because it wasn’t open to the ‘subjective’ defence. It was provably, measurably, objectively wrong. If the BBC data is accurate there were six substitution stoppages (not including Bailey at HT), which alone should cover a minimum of 3 minutes. (Unless the 30 seconds thing is a myth?)

Not that I think we would’ve scored if we’d played all night but it was such obvious bullshit that the ref really should be held accountable, on principle. 

• Like 1

Go google Atwell. He is stealing a living as a premium league ref! 

The premier league may as well have grabbed some random off the street and they would have put in a better performance.

Referring and corruption like today just makes me want to turn my back on football so these corrupt pricks are out of a job.

That was one helm of a shit show fro. The ref today. I hope the club writes to the fa asking fir for a explanation 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Atwell is why I don't believe that it's corrupt

He really is just that **** dreadful

Until you see the 3 minutes of added time. Then you know its a cultural top to bottom let's **** over anyone that threatens to upset the established top 6 but won't tow the party line.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if this is a conscious effort to keep us outside the European spots because we've publicly called out state owenrship

37 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Until you see the 3 minutes of added time. Then you know its a cultural top to bottom let's **** over anyone that threatens to upset the established top 6 but won't tow the party line.

I would not be in the least bit surprised if this is a conscious effort to keep us outside the European spots because we've publicly called out state owenrship

Nah I disagree

Its not **** us or anyone else over, they're not competent or clever enough for something so elaborate

They're just shit

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I dont think the state ownership thing is a thing to be honest just pure corruption at not having spurs and liverpool in europe.

They cant have those two not in europe oh no.  They are not even trying to hide it now with the blatent corruption. If we were 1 up im pretty sude they qould have given 7 mins injury time

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah I disagree

Its not **** us or anyone else over, they're not competent or clever enough for something so elaborate

They're just shit

I think there's too much money coming their way from the likes of Saudi Arabia and UAE,  not to mention the global good they get from United, arsenal, and Liverpool remaining at the head of the table.

If it was inconsistent then maybe, but it's consistently in their favour, and consistently against the teams threatening to displace them.

Edited by MrBlack

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think there's too much money coming their way from the likes of Saudi Arabia and UAE,  not to mention the global good they get from United, arsenal, and Liverpool remaining at the head of the table.

If it was inconsistent then maybe, but it's consistently in their favour, and consistently against the teams threatening to displace them.

The level of intelligence and competence it would take to pull that off is the polar opposite of what Atwell is

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The level of intelligence and competence it would take to pull that off is the polar opposite of what Atwell is

I get what you're saying, but if he's just told to favour Wolves with his calls, that's all he needs to know. 

Quite orobably far from that organised though, you're probably right.

Â