General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

Attwell's worst decision was when McGinn had his foot stamped on.  I'm pretty sure he blew for a foul to Villa, but then heard the criticism from the Wolves fans and seemed to change his mind.  There is no way on God's earth McGinn fouled the Wolves guy, not even close.  Not just a bade decision but a complete bottle job as well.  Also just watching the last few minutes of Liverpool Brentford and the ref cannot wait to give a free kick for nothing every time Brentford go forward, dutifully making sure they have no chance of equalizing and threatening Liverpool's push for Europe. I too am close to giving up on Football because of the ineptitude and/or corruption of the officials.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Only 3 minutes of added time in a game with multiple subs, dozens of fouls and two breaks for head injuries.

That's the one thing I was completely baffled by given the subjective opinions on the fouls/penalty claim.

We're so used to games now regularly having 5-6 minutes added on that even 4 minutes is pretty rare compared to 5 years back.

3 was a scandal. O.k we probably wouldn't have scored if 300 minutes had been added but start of second half Ramsey was down for about 2 minutes when his head connected with knee of Wolves player and he had to be treated. Was another two injuries after and then you have the usual subs and Wolves slowing game down from goal kicks/throw ins.

Attwell simply just ignored all that or didn't add on any time for subs. Actually think it would be useful if you could go on a website and actually access the ref match reports as I presume they still have to explain all that. Injury time workings certainly need an explanation as it was plain wrong compared to what you see in other games e.g away to Brighton when there was one second half goal and a few subs yet 8 minutes were added on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JB said:

That’s probably as bad a ‘decision’ as I’ve seen this season because it wasn’t open to the ‘subjective’ defence. It was provably, measurably, objectively wrong. If the BBC data is accurate there were six substitution stoppages (not including Bailey at HT), which alone should cover a minimum of 3 minutes. (Unless the 30 seconds thing is a myth?)

Not that I think we would’ve scored if we’d played all night but it was such obvious bullshit that the ref really should be held accountable, on principle. 

He clearly didn't add it on for whatever reason. Ramsey was certainly down for two minutes in that second half, indeed he actually refused medical intervention at first but eventually we got physio on to look at him.

Guess Attwell got annoyed at that and didn't want to add on to help us get a goal.

To be fair, we get kicked all over the place and don't get the fouls/yellows cause our team does not complain like other teams. We need to start remonstrating, rolling on the floor, yes it's cheating a bit, but all the top teams do it, an is why they are where they are, with the help dodgy decisions.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair, we get kicked all over the place and don't get the fouls/yellows cause our team does not complain like other teams. We need to start remonstrating, rolling on the floor, yes it's cheating a bit, but all the top teams do it, an is why they are where they are, with the help dodgy decisions.

Yeah but no matter how much we whined and moaned there's no way we'd be getting that penalty if things were reversed and Watkins jumped on top of Forster.

• Like 1

Taking 80 minutes today to book Romero was a minor scandal. 

It was a penalty though. Thought Emi got something on the ball but he cleaned Kane out from the behind the goal replay so that's always going to be given and 2-3 minute delay contributed to the six minutes when it probably would've just been the standard four.

Edited by VillaChris

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was a penalty though. Thought Emi got something on the ball but he cleaned Kane out from the behind the goal replay so that's always going to be given and 2-3 minute delay contributed to the six minutes when it probably would've just been the standard four.

No, Kane basically dived on top of Emi.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think we do. McGinn and Young are always in ref's faces pointing out all the fouls opposition have been doing e.g. Romero.

One thing I didn't get is first half I thought we had a decent shout when Emerson missed the ball and stepped on Ollie's foot in the air. Ollie for some reason didn't appeal and just got up and seems it's easier for VAR just to ignore when no one much appeals. Was similar to Fulham first half which seemed like a decent shout aswell.

Just now, Mantis said:

No, Kane basically dived on top of Emi.

Regardless of Kane any CF gets a penalty 99/100 in that scenario. Emi got no touch whatsoever on the ball which was the issue and really he didn't need to come flying out, should've just stood up.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It took nearly 3 minutes to give the penalty.

With Emi in nets there should be 10+ every week tbfh.

While I think 6 is fine (almost 8 in reality) if you compare it to the 3 minutes last week then it's laughable. Absolutely no consistency. 

Am I right in saying that today they were given a free kick for offside and he allowed them to take it a few yards in our own half? 

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It wasn’t though. Kane made sure there was contact, I believe the technical term is ‘leaving your foot in’. He could have easily jumped over him, but instead, the cheating word removed let his momentum carry himself into Emi so it looks like Emi cleans him out.

Just now, duke313 said:

It wasn’t though. Kane made sure there was contact, I believe the technical term is ‘leaving your foot in’. He could have easily jumped over him, but instead, the cheating word removed let his momentum carry himself into Emi so it looks like Emi cleans him out.

Every other forward in league does it though. Nunez v Fulham a few weeks back was far more debatable yet it was given with little fuss.

McGinn also leaned into Gana for that penalty at Goodison. That was very clever as he knew the contact was coming so similar to today.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Every other forward in league does it though. Nunez v Fulham a few weeks back was far more debatable yet it was given with little fuss.

McGinn also leaned into Gana for that penalty at Goodison. That was very clever as he knew the contact was coming so similar to today.

The difference is that the defending player in both instances still made the contact, even if the attacker was looking for it.

Martinez does not make contact with Kane at all.  Now, if he's stopping Kane getting the ball then it's a penalty IMO - the contact isn't needed.  But he isn't impeding him at all; Kane just kicks the ball away and collapses over him.

He did the same against Matty Cash whenever it was, too.

• Like 1

As much as we hate it, the manufactured penalty is part of the game, an the refs will never be good enough to spot them, even with replays, not sure why? It's either they just aren't smart enough, or something currupt is going on.

• Like 1

Â