General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

He went mental in the 83rd minute when he missed a tug back on Young, gave a free kick for a dive, let them take it from 10 yards forward, then let them retake after a scuffle a further 10 yards forward. 

He was actually very good but very odd at that point. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 12:29, Sulberto21 said:

The refereeing is diabolical. It’s corrupt. 

The standards in Europe are so much better. VAR is used correctly too. 

We’re better off with an algorithm!

Well i don't know about that, look at the farcical VAR decision in the Barca game. Just blatant favouritism

On 07/03/2022 at 09:55, VillaJ100 said:

Well i don't know about that, look at the farcical VAR decision in the Barca game. Just blatant favouritism

One off occasions will happen but since VAR has been bought into The Premier League the standards in Europe have been better imo. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Dean has announced he is retiring at the end of the season, one of the only few half competent refs about despite his antics

Watching highlights of a game from 20 years ago recently and he was the fourth official which says it all about refereeing in England. Nobody new comes through

Interesting his opinions on VAR and current refs as an ex referee

O'Leary unsurprisingly and Staunton come across as clearings in the woods

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Watching highlights of a game from 20 years ago recently and he was the fourth official which says it all about refereeing in England. Nobody new comes through

There are some long-standing senior refs, but some people having the job a long time doesn't mean nobody new comes through.

Darren England, Jared Gillet and Rob Jones are in their second season, Simon Hooper and David Coote are in their 4th season. Paul Tierny and Craig Pawson haven't been around much longer than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony Taylor will ref man City vs liverpool

That's Anthony Taylor from Wythenshawe 

To balance it out though they've got Paul Tierney from Salford on VAR

Any even slightly ropey decision and we'll never hear the end of it

• 4 weeks later...

Villa always seem like the team that has an uber- dodgy decision called against them which triggers a rule change or interpretation to happen just to mop over it.

It normally involves Mings too 😂

• Like 1

Paul Alcock is more spritley than him and he's been dead 5 years.

Overweight. Stiff. Unfit. I actually watched him warm up in front of me in the DE today. He did the slowest jog to and from the centre circle you've seen and was blowing out of his arse. His assistants warms up I truly believe were affected as they had to match his pace.

He was an absolute embarrassment to himself today. If he was past it I'd feel sorry for him. He hasn't been able to run for 5 years though. At what point do you not walk off the pitch and look at the state of you and do something about it?

There is no way in hell this guy is passing a bleep test which I'm believing is standard. Apparently.

Absolute embarrassment to his profession and the league.

• Like 3

One of the biggest pieces of shit ive seen. A terrible and absolute disgrace of a match official. He cannto officiate a game its as simple as that

His performance was totally unacceptable and he should be fined for that performance. 

Go retire and apend the money continuing eating donuts you fool. No one is going to miss you in the PL

I've been on various fan forums this morning, and read the comments in match reports on multiple websites.

The reaction from villa fans has only been echoed by fans from other teams. So it's not just us being one eyed. Jon Moss was appalling last night, and blatantly favoured Liverpool.

There absolutely is corruption, collusion, and unprofessionalism in the English game. Refs are probably being told to keep the title race ongoing till the end of the season, so the league can brag about how competitive it is in comparison to our European counterparts.

• Like 4

Â