Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Are you suggesting McGinn has never given 8/9 out of 10 performances? I’m not sure that’s credible personally. Wasn’t he being raved about early on under Gerrard to the point where Gerrard made some joke about friends in the media and trying to highlight other players were doing well, because all anyone wanted to ask him about was what a player McGinn is.

Has McGinn been pretty inconsistent, especially of late when he’s not come close to 8/9 of of 10s? Definitely. But he’s absolutely had very good, motm performances before as well, even under Gerrard, and I think to suggest otherwise is silly.

A consistent solid 7 out of 10 that helps us keep the ball would be great. I’d argue that’s not Sanson at least as shown in his performances for us. His passing stats, even at Marseille, would back this up.

When was the last McGinn 8/9 out of 10 performance

Maybe 2020

This guy's played in a Europa League final, is training well and very professional according to our manager yet can't even get on our bench as we descend to the bottom of the table, wtf is going on?

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

When was the last McGinn 8/9 out of 10 performance

Maybe 2020

I mean obviously everyone is going to have their own views on what’s an 8 or 9 out of 10 performance but looking at the stats the Palace, Leicester, Everton and Burnley wins all stand out as being one of the best players for us in wins, so I’d suggest these are in the conversation. He was also comfortably voted motm on here for the Brighton away win, has had motm votes in the 20-30% range in a few other wins 2nd or 3rd so would assume these were good performances. As mentioned in this thread as well the Wolves away defeat his statistics massively stand out. This is just from games since Gerrard arrived.

Using something like whoscored for some kind of standardised rating system, he’s had at least a couple of games over 8/10 and several more in the high 7s. And averaged 7.17 last season by their metric.

Sofascore I guess does a similar thing to whoscored in generating out of 10 ratings based on statistical performance, but is easier to check previous seasons than whoscored. They have McGinn scoring over 8/10 in 5 games since Gerrard arrived. By comparison, Sanson’s highest rating for us on there is a 7.5 in the Chelsea efl cup game, and 7.4 also against Chelsea, the highest since Gerrard’s arrival. McGinn has scored a 7.4 or more 14 times in the same period.

Edited by tomsky_11

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

No and thats a lazy comparison. Sanson looked great at Marseille and OK here im his limited game time but Captain Clown prefers funny man McGinn and hasnt had a chance 

Truth is our manager is a poison and a liar

It’s not a comparison. 

Salifou Syndrome is when a player gets better in the minds of the fans the longer they don’t play. 

I agree Sanson has pedigree but he’s shown very little at Villa and I don’t think he’s the answer to any of our questions

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s not a comparison. 

Salifou Syndrome is when a player gets better in the minds of the fans the longer they don’t play. 

I agree Sanson has pedigree but he’s shown very little at Villa and I don’t think he’s the answer to any of our questions

I don’t think any of the midfield are apart from Kamara, desperate times indeed 

Edited by Follyfoot

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

So we are looking to get rid of Sanson when our only other really cultured midfielder is out of contract doesn't want to stay clearly and could very well force a move to Liverpool before the window shuts.

This muppet does not have a clue.

Oh wait. It doesn't matter. McGinn can play 90 minutes every week, every day, even with 2 broken ankles.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

I mean obviously everyone is going to have their own views on what’s an 8 or 9 out of 10 performance but looking at the stats the Palace, Leicester, Everton and Burnley wins all stand out as being one of the best players for us in wins, so I’d suggest these are in the conversation. He was also comfortably voted motm on here for the Brighton away win, has had motm votes in the 20-30% range in a few other wins 2nd or 3rd so would assume these were good performances. As mentioned in this thread as well the Wolves away defeat his statistics massively stand out. This is just from games since Gerrard arrived.

Using something like whoscored for some kind of standardised rating system, he’s had at least a couple of games over 8/10 and several more in the high 7s. And averaged 7.17 last season by their metric.

Sofascore I guess does a similar thing to whoscored in generating out of 10 ratings based on statistical performance, but is easier to check previous seasons than whoscored. They have McGinn scoring over 8/10 in 5 games since Gerrard arrived. By comparison, Sanson’s highest rating for us on there is a 7.5 in the Chelsea efl cup game, and 7.4 also against Chelsea, the highest since Gerrard’s arrival. McGinn has scored a 7.4 or more 14 times in the same period.

McGinn was in good form for a while when Gerrard was new. That was probably when Gerrard decided McGinn was his man.

Since then McGinn's form has tanked as we all know, don't believe he's had many good games during 2022.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So i just seen someone post on social media a villa fan put justice for sanson. And nakamba has apparently liked it.

This guys absolutely killing the dressing room

One guy gets screwed over and it's his fault.

EDIT: Ah I think you mean Gerrard, not Sanson.

Edited by Rolta

That argument that Lampard and Gerrard couldn't play together seems apt for Ramsey and McGinn.Both good players but in our system where there is no width and you want them covering the FB's it doesn't work.Both of them need to be in final 3rd to get the best from them instead one is holding back trying to float balls to Dinge the other is running down that same wing. Its a mess of tactics 

Â