Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

26 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

Not even in the squad puzzling and went on tour in Australia work it out another stupid decision by the club it's not like we're flying in top form either.

Gerrards probably throwing a hissy fit because Sanson said he's fully fit game week 1 contradicting Gerrard. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 23:06, MotoMkali said:

Gerrards probably throwing a hissy fit because Sanson said he's fully fit game week 1 contradicting Gerrard. 

Could be something in that. Club Dr's said to rest him another week. Sanson felt he was fit.  That would mean posting what he did in social media, effectively making Gerrard look like the villain, wouldn't go down well.

This contradicts what Gerrard said about him being professional,  but then Gerrard's refusal to pick him contradicts what Gerrard said about him training well.

So ultimately, none has a clue why he's not being played,  and one or both of them are probably lying.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Sanson looked good in the training video from today...

I'd still rather a three of Ramsey - Luiz - Kamara

However Sanson deserves a chance...

Is Sanson able to play furthest forward of the three?  There seems to be a few videos of him banging goals in for Marseille and I don't think Ramsey is in a good place form wise at the mo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Is Sanson able to play furthest forward of the three?  There seems to be a few videos of him banging goals in for Marseille and I don't think Ramsey is in a good place form wise at the mo.

He has played as a RM, 10, 8 and 6. He is our most versatile midfielder who can do a defensive job or be effective attacking and we are doing a disservice by not at least utilising him as a squad player. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Have to agree he looked good in the training video cool.on the ball.

I'm still shocked Gerrard would rather play Ramsey kamara and mcginn

The actual midfield 3 which would imo give us alot more strength and composure is

Sanson kamara luiz

Not going to happen but want to see him next to Kamara in a 4231 especially when we are playing a team that can break quick and expose our defense while Digne and Cash are pushed forward.

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Nothing worse than a frozen out player at a club which has a crisis in the position of said frozen player. 

What is the worst that could happen by giving Morgan a run out?

Makes Gerrard look an even bigger pleb than he already does. Somehow.

• Like 1

Seriously, can he play any worse than McGinn right now?

Even Ramsey who’s been a little out of form or inconsistent - but still such a talented and valuable member of the squad.

Even worse that John is the captain so nailed on no matter what…

Oh well…

Au revoir Morgan

Bon voyage 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Never going to happen but so intrigued to see how a midfield of Sanson - Kamara - Luiz would perform…

would be better on the ball, I’m sure of it…

Its definitely worth trying just to see the chemistry of the 2 former Marseille men together. Those 3 are technically better than Ramsey & McGinn who I feel would add more coming off the bench anyway. If Gerrard wants posession based football it makes sense too.

Like you say not going to happen. Gerrard was really talking up how good a player Sanson was when he walked through the door so strange the lack of time he’s afforded him on the pitch especially given our struggles in that area of the pitch. Looks like that social media msg Sanson dropped before Bournemouth was the last straw..

Â