Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I think he's a better all round player than McGinn and far more likely to be on the same wavelength as Buendia / Coutinho et al. I hope he gets a proper chance to show it.

Sorry, I know that's sacrilege to some, but there you go.

I see a place for both of them in the squad, quality in their own right. I think Gerrard sees it too, he’ll get games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

I see a place for both of them in the squad, quality in their own right. I think Gerrard sees it too, he’ll get games.

Yeah, I hope so. I don't want rid of McGinn, I just want to see Sanson have a run.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think he's a better all round player than McGinn and far more likely to be on the same wavelength as Buendia / Coutinho et al. I hope he gets a proper chance to show it.

Sorry, I know that's sacrilege to some, but there you go.

I just can't see that being the case. I'd love you to be right, but I think you're wide of the mark. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't think that's fair.

Haven't seen much to suggest Gerrard doesn't fancy him.

Seven apps this season. Six of the opponents were Leicester, Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea x2.

Not been available for a lot of the time.

We won't get much better than him as back-up any time soon. Certainly wouldn't put it past him to oust either Luiz or Ramsey at some point either.

Ramsey is our best midfielder, and will continue to improve. I think it is very unlikely that Sanson will oust him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Ramsey is our best midfielder, and will continue to improve. I think it is very unlikely that Sanson will oust him.

Ramsey is our best midfielder, and most promising too. After that it's a toss up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Been saying it for a while myself, the only thing that SJM has is that added obvious tenacity and I say obvious because I think Morgan is as strong just that he doesn't go flying into challenges in the same way. There is a reason he was sought after at his previous club, unfortunately I think those initial injuries have put too many people off him and unfortunately our fans have always been reluctant to give players time

Seriously, how can you say Sanson is better than McGinn? There is practically zero evidence to suggest that is the case. It's not that the fans don't want to give it time, it's more the club don't have time to waste. It's clear we're accelerating our progress in trying to be a top 6 team, whether that's to do with Newcastle or not, and I don't think the board or the manager are going to wait around for Sanson to 'come good' when they can go and spend a lot of money on someone they deem to be a lot better.

Sometimes it just doesn't work out. I may yet be proven wrong but I don't think he'll be here next season. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Been saying it for a while myself, the only thing that SJM has is that added obvious tenacity and I say obvious because I think Morgan is as strong just that he doesn't go flying into challenges in the same way. There is a reason he was sought after at his previous club, unfortunately I think those initial injuries have put too many people off him and unfortunately our fans have always been reluctant to give players time

Same as you two tbf. Sanson is incredibly mobile combined with a great sense of positioning - in the Man U game he was covering so much ground it seemed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I think he's a better all round player than McGinn

If he was he'd be in the team. Instead he's always on the bench and rarely gets many minutes. It even looks like Chuck is ahead of him in the pecking order now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

If he was he'd be in the team. Instead he's always on the bench and rarely gets many minutes. It even looks like Chuck is ahead of him in the pecking order now. 

Not necessarily. Sanson is coming back from a long time out with injuries. He has to get back up to pace. I think people forget Sanson was once being touted around Europe's elite as a 50m all purpose box to midfielder. That wasn't so long ago. He literally has not had the chance to show us who he really is.

But while we're on it, and being brutally honest, he's way more mobile and has a better range of passing than McGinn.
Given time I think he'd prove to have more goal contributions too.

McGinn is a legend amongst the squad, is very popular with fans and players and it would be very brave to take him out of the lineup. Something Gerrard would be wary of at the moment.
But I reckon Sanson is a better player. I'm convinced of it. Will he get the chance to show it here? Who knows.

As for Carney Chukwuemeka, he has the potential to be the best player at the club, and by some distance. If he ends up as a CM, that's great. I reckon he might be a CAM instead or may flirt between the two.
In short, its no disgrace he's ahead of Sanson. Chuk has to play.

• Like 1

I like his ability to make a forward dribble around a couple of players when in the middle instead of being forced into a lateral or back pass. 

we haven’t had anyone who can really move the ball like that in CM for a while. Based on some of his play when he drifted into the center against Man U, I wonder if we could play him there with McGinn on the right and Ramsey on the left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

I thought he was VERY one footed versus United and our attack broke down cause of it. 

Hard to give him a proper assessment when he barely gets a string of games together. 

Yep. I can’t see him getting a run of games either as Gerrard will always pick McGinn and Ramsey in the middle. 

• Like 1

He offers more of a technical game than the hustle and bustle of mcginn.

He's very neat and tidy and I like that we have that option now.

He's different to our English/UK contingent.  

I'd have more faith in him trying to breakdown a team with their backs to the wall than mcginn or Ramsay, let's put it that way.

Enjoy having both.

Edited by lapal_fan

Â