Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apart from Boga (who seems to have been dropped anyway) which of their loan players play regularly? 

(This is a serious question, not a gotcha, I really don't know the answer)

Sam Gallagher.

I'm struggling to think of any loans they've got outside of Boga and Gallagher, though.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sam Gallagher.

I'm struggling to think of any loans they've got outside of Boga and Gallagher, though.

Cohen Bramall is the only one I could remember. I don't know whether Gallagher is dropped or injured, but he hasn't featured in any of their wins (though he's obviously played lots this season). 

Jenkinson is another loan

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Cohen Bramall is the only one I could remember. I don't know whether Gallagher is dropped or injured, but he hasn't featured in any of their wins (though he's obviously played lots this season). 

Gallagher has been slow but he has got better since season went on. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets not forget they have a hell of a lot of loans in as well. there will be a rebuild job thats for sure. 

Their loan players are Boga (monk has dropped him since he came) Gallagher (monk also dropped him since he came in and he’s now injured) Bramall (doesn’t ever play) & Jenkinson (monk also dropped him completely out the squad) 

So I don’t see monk being bothered by them going back (he seems to have mostly removed the loan players from the starting 11) also he’ll have Vassell back from injury who looked good, unfortunately I think they’ve got a good manager who knows what he’s doing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fifamad said:

Their loan players are Boga (monk has dropped him since he came) Gallagher (monk also dropped him since he came in and he’s now injured) Bramall (doesn’t ever play) & Jenkinson (monk also dropped him completely out the squad) 

So I don’t see monk being bothered by them going back (he seems to have mostly removed the loan players from the starting 11) also he’ll have Vassell back from injury who looked good, unfortunately I think they’ve got a good manager who knows what he’s doing.

But they are still skint they have to sell to strengthen. gallaghers a good player and boga looks decent from what i have seen. i think they will have problems next year tbh 

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But they are still skint they have to sell to strengthen. gallaghers a good player and boga looks decent from what i have seen. i think they will have problems next year tbh 

They have Vassell to come back and they are winning since dropping Gallagher and Boga..... 

I don’t think they’ll get promotion but they’ll be mid table or top half

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Jenkinson is another loan

Ta, I'd forgotten him. Still though, that's only four, of whom only three have played regularly this season and none of whom have been majorly involved in their winning run. They have a lower-midtable squad in my view - I would say that if they could find a decent striker, and a creative midfielder who is more physical than Jota, then they will have a side that compares favourably with the likes of Norwich, Ipswich or Forest. Even their squad now should really be comfortably safe. Testament to two inept managers that it wasn't. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets not forget they have a hell of a lot of loans in as well. there will be a rebuild job thats for sure. 

They had no loan players in their starting 11 last night. Gallagher is injured atm and Boga was a sub.

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Can they afford this squad though? They're skint and gambled on promotion this year 

It's a good question given the losses they posted the other week. That said administration under Carson Yeung never came and they seemed in a worse state 4 years ago.

Let's remember if we don't go up we'll be in a similar situation in terms of having to unload players from the squad.

On 4/4/2018 at 19:02, VillaJ100 said:

Can they afford this squad though? They're skint and gambled on promotion this year 

They'll be fine - just sell a couple of players if they have to.  They paid a relatively large amount (from memory) on getting Boga and Gallagher in - neither will be there next season.

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

They'll be fine - just sell a couple of players if they have to.  They paid a relatively large amount (from memory) on getting Boga and Gallagher in - neither will be there next season.

I doubt they'll get what they paid though 

Â