Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

None of these crap sides at the bottom want to take advantage of it. Really annoying

One bit of good news is at least Barnsley and Bolton won't both lose at the weekend!!:D

I can see this going to the last day now. Can't see SHA getting anything at Wolves, Sheffield United are playing well again and smelling top 6 so they'll do well to get more than a point from that and they have Fulham so they'll struggle to get a win from those three teams.

Wildcard is QPR away. Nothing to play for so difficult to predict but QPR have actually been playing pretty well for a fair few weeks now so they're not on the beach.

I'll say they'll get two draws from their last 4 and they'd be incredibly lucky to stay up on 42 points.

Got lucky with other results tonight!! Cant see Blues beating the Wolves next up. fingers crossed for a Barnsley win saturday also... will really open it back up again. Sunderland winning tonight would have been good to add a lil more pressure. I think they will just about have enough sadly... fingers crossed though!

• Like 1

Wolves (a),  Sheff Utd (h), QPR (a) and Fulham (h).

What are they realistically going to get from those remaining games? Between two and four points? Let’s say three points. That puts them on 43 for the season. 

Barnsley would need six points (already have a much better goal difference) from Bolton, Leeds, Forest, Brentford and Derby.

Bolton would require five points from Barnsley, Wolves, Burton and Forest.

If I was a bluenose (:puke:), I think I would want Bolton to beat Barnsley this weekend.

Leeds and Forest are winnable for Barnsley, Derby could be confirmed in play-offs by then

Bolton also have 3 winnable games and again Wolves could be champions and nothing to play for

5 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Wolves (a),  Sheff Utd (h), QPR (a) and Fulham (h).

What are they realistically going to get from those remaining games? Between two and four points? Let’s say three points. That puts them on 43 for the season. 

Barnsley would need six points (already have a much better goal difference) from Bolton, Leeds, Forest, Brentford and Derby.

Bolton would require five points from Barnsley, Wolves, Burton and Forest.

If I was a bluenose (:puke:), I think I would want Bolton to beat Barnsley this weekend.

They did get a point at Sheffield United and they lost at Barnsley recently so that could be them getting a jammy win. QPR is very difficult to predict.

Don't see them getting anything against Wolves or Fulham so in that situation they'd have very little margin for error in the other two games.

Can't they all just make it easier by sacking Monk for the loss tonight, re-appointing Cotterill and then lose their last 4?!:P

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leeds and Forest are winnable for Barnsley, Derby could be confirmed in play-offs by then

Bolton also have 3 winnable games and again Wolves could be champions and nothing to play for

Thought Barnsley would've got at least a draw at Ipswich tonight. I do think they'll beat Bolton so that would get them level.

Bolton are on a terrible run and are now losing at home but their last two are Burton away (will be relegated by then) and Forest at home (nothing to play for) so can see them getting 4 points from that. Would mean SHA would probably need 4 points as the GD is very tight between them and Bolton.

Obviously I would prefer small heath to be relegated, but I would find it slightly amusing if Bolton went down after their Twitter “banter” at our expense (along the lines of how Villa will still be in the championship next season, for those who missed it).

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Reading have sunderland at home saturday so should get a win but if they dont based on what i saw last week id have them being caught, awful team thats given up

Reading will be fine, they also have Ipswich at home which after tonight is a freebie.

I've heard that fulham wont be able to do a Huddersfield and make 10 changes, should it come to that as rules have been tightened up. SHA will probably blag it or barnsley will mess it up & SHA stay up by default.

Typical.

1 minute ago, mottaloo said:

I've heard that fulham wont be able to do a Huddersfield and make 10 changes, should it come to that as rules have been tightened up. SHA will probably blag it or barnsley will mess it up & SHA stay up by default.

Typical.

Think second place will go to final day so with form Fulham are in I fully expect them to win that game.

Can Wolves actually get promoted before Sunday? That could be a bit of a problem, foot off the gas and all that.

Realistically though SHA survival will depend on how they do v Sheffield and QPR.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think second place will go to final day so with form Fulham are in I fully expect them to win that game.

Can Wolves actually get promoted before Sunday? That could be a bit of a problem, foot off the gas and all that.

Realistically though SHA survival will depend on how they do v Sheffield and QPR.

Yes, if they win tomorrow and then Fulham lose on Saturday (I don't think that's likely, but it's possible). 

However, I have no doubt in my mind that Wolves will beat SHA even if half-assing it. They might also be motivated to break the 100-point barrier. 

SHA really did themselves no favours by failing to beat Burton - if they'd held on to that, they could probably have drifted through the last four games without having to worry too much, but I think they look in real bother now. Probably they'll be alright, if they get a win versus QPR, who surely have to run out of steam at some point. 

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If they win tomorrow night and Fulham and Cardiff lose on Saturday, Fulham won't be able to catch them. Cardiff with a game in hand will be able to match them in points but have an inferior GD so I guess they can be promoted. But surely you'd want to clinch the Championship against SHA.

Edited by Hornso

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

If they win tomorrow night and Fulham and Cardiff lose on Saturday, Fulham won't be able to catch them. Cardiff with a game in hand will be able to match them in points but have an inferior GD so I guess they can be promoted. But surely you'd want to clinch the Championship against SHA.

You are at home on SKY to your lame rivals if that isn't motivation to put a performance to have a party to get back to the big time they you are in the wrong profession. 

Get a lot of players sent off don't they? Three games to play and only two points clear of Barnsley who have a game in hand as well as a superior goal difference. Not quite safe yet are they?:D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John said:

Get a lot of players sent off don't they? Three games to play and only two points clear of Barnsley who have a game in hand as well as a superior goal difference. Not quite safe yet are they?:D

And also Bolton which is key. Need both to win.

The blose fulham game could be huge

• Like 1

Â