Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

4 hours ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Looks like another trophy to put in their trophy cabinet this week.

The "we took 5000 to Bolton on a Tuesday night" cup 

:hooray:

Is a good away following tbf for a team fighting near the bottom got to be honest 

Got lucky again today.

Burton conceded in 90th minute. Win would've taken them to within 3 points of SHA and they play each other on Saturday, Burton won all three meetings at this level.

Hopefully they won't win tomorrow as they'll be all but safe. Bolton are strong at home as we found out so think that will be a draw.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

All these crap teams like burton Barnsley and Sunderland will keep them up. Barnsley and burton bothe concede last minute the bottlers

I think its hard to call Burton bottlers when they are playing a team with a budget about 50 times of them. same with Barnsley

2 probably smallest budgets in the league

• Like 1

Their last 5 games are tough at least:

Bristol (a)- Desperately need play off points.

Wolves (a)- Enough said.

Sheffield United (h)- In mix for top 6.

QPR (A)- Nothing to play for but playing briliantly atm, smashed Norwich today and us a few weeks back.

Fulham (h)- Could still have a chance of top 2.

If they lost 4 of their last 5 they would surely still be in serious danger of relegation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think its hard to call Burton bottlers when they are playing a team with a budget about 50 times of them. same with Barnsley

2 probably smallest budgets in the league

When i mean bottlers I mean seeing teams out. They should have won today just like Barnsley and both dropping vital points at key times. Even Sunderland getting thumped what a lame sheffield Wednesday side. Thought they might be able to maybe pick up a lil run after great derby result 

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

When i mean bottlers I mean seeing teams out. They should have won today just like Barnsley and both dropping vital points at key times. Even Sunderland getting thumped what a lame sheffield Wednesday side. Thought they might be able to maybe pick up a lil run after great derby result 

These sides are poor and down there for a reason. It’s not terribly surprising that Middlesbrough equalised against Burton. 

I think they're safe now.  The bottom three as it stands will be relegated.  Can't really see any of them getting to 40 points - potentially Barnsley, but they look fairly toothless.

Listening to WM's intro earlier, they made it sound like the Reebok is a ground they've had a fair bit of joy at over the last decade, so I was pretty pessimistic already before the game began. If they beat Burton, they'll be safe. 

Looking at their squad earlier, and comparing to eg Barnsley, Burton and Reading, and they really shouldn't have run it as close as they have. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

I miss the days when they conceded goals and didn't win games. All of two weeks ago.

They are all but safe now, will beat Burton at the weekend and they'll probably then start losing but got enough of a decent gap to bottom 3 now.

Just like i expected and everyone was telling me i was wrong. the summer is the interesting one for me, they have no money to buy players so will have to sell to strengthen.

Will Monk a man notorious for leaving clubs be happy to stay under those circumstances?  Monk always starts well then implodes. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Just like i expected and everyone was telling me i was wrong. the summer is the interesting one for me, they have no money to buy players so will have to sell to strengthen.

Will Monk a man notorious for leaving clubs be happy to stay under those circumstances?  Monk always starts well then implodes. 

Jota's in good form. He's a top half championship quality player so his level will probably lift them higher next season as Monk actually has a clue how to use him which was beyond Wurzel Cotterill.

They're keeping clean sheets now so looks like Harlee Dean, Colin and Stockdale are playing to what they were like at previous clubs.

Need better strikers and midfielders to seriously challenge for top 6 but they look like they're getting back what they had under Rowett (unity between fans and players for a start) so they should be more comfortable next season.

Hopefully we'll be out of this league by that time.

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Jota's in good form. He's a top half championship quality player so his level will probably lift them higher next season as Monk actually has a clue how to use him which was beyond Wurzel Cotterill.

They're keeping clean sheets now so looks like Harlee Dean, Colin and Stockdale are playing to what they were like at previous clubs.

Need better strikers and midfielders to seriously challenge for top 6 but they look like they're getting back what they had under Rowett (unity between fans and players for a start) so they should be more comfortable next season.

Hopefully we'll be out of this league by that time.

Lets not forget they have a hell of a lot of loans in as well. there will be a rebuild job thats for sure. 

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lets not forget they have a hell of a lot of loans in as well. there will be a rebuild job thats for sure. 

Apart from Boga (who seems to have been dropped anyway) which of their loan players play regularly? 

(This is a serious question, not a gotcha, I really don't know the answer)

3 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

The sooner he implodes the better. I've never known such a jammy bunch of shits escape death so often as these lot.

I don't think they're particularly jammy tbh - their squad is comfortably good enough to avoid relegation.  It's not like us in the Premier League where we were basically just waiting to go down by not investing properly.

Â