Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Just now, Xela said:

I think it was a play on how dodgy he is and how he might be getting back-handers as well. 

But as a play on his dubious tax management it doesn't work, because even if he paid nowt he'd still only have what he started with :D

• Like 1

Hilarious listening and reading knuckledragger comments such as "great news" and "happy days" as this dinosaur takes the reins of scum city. Did they not see what he did at QPR?

Might as well bring back BFR if CandleWaxFace is a **** saviour.

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

One year deal? What a stupid move. If your trying to build something for the future candleface hanging around for a year is just sheer madness.

He is going to financially ruin them 

tenor.gif

15 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm not sure how that joke works to be honest. 

I think if it was £3m, then £3m after tax works. But it's impossible to go up isn't it?

That's the joke.

• Like 1

Meh, I think he's a good appointment for them.  They'll be spending relatively large amounts of money and he knows the type of players that will get his side playing well.  He'll likely be "training" Steve Cotterill to take over after him and I imagine Cotterill will be closer to first team affairs (coaching etc.) anyway.

Unfortunately, I think this will work well for Blues.

• Like 1

I love the way a lot of fans (but particularly radio WM) are already calling him a wheeler dealer. 

I would post that youtube clip of when a sky reporter did that and candleface's reaction.....but seems like i cant post anything on here lately - perhaps the mods can advise ?

Anyway...i'm sure y'all know how to find it :D

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Meh, I think he's a good appointment for them.  They'll be spending relatively large amounts of money and he knows the type of players that will get his side playing well.  He'll likely be "training" Steve Cotterill to take over after him and I imagine Cotterill will be closer to first team affairs (coaching etc.) anyway.

Steve Cotterill the self confessed Villa fan.  That won't go down well at the temple of doom.

Refresher

Harry Redknapp: QPR manager resigns because of knee operation

From the sectionFootball

Sharethis page

Harry Redknapp was appointed QPR manager in November 2012

Harry Redknapp has quit as QPR manager, blaming imminent knee replacement surgery for his decision.

The 67-year-old informed chairman Tony Fernandes at 05:30 GMT on Tuesday of his decision to leave the club, who are second bottom of the Premier League.

"I need immediate surgery," said Redknapp. "If I can't give 100%, it's better for someone else to take over."

Head of football operations Les Ferdinand and academy coach Chris Ramsey will take temporary charge.

Redknapp led QPR to promotion to the Premier League last season via the Championship play-offs.

There were reports he was one game from the sack before the 2-0 defeat by Manchester United on 17 January.

Afterwards, Redknapp blamed an "insider" for attempting to destabilise the club, while QPR chairman Tony Fernandes issued a statement on 19 January saying he would remain as manager.

"I have had such a fantastic time at QPR," said Redknapp, who took over Rangers in November 2012.

"I would like to thank the board, the players and all my staff, and especially the supporters who have been absolutely fantastic to me.

"My relationship with chairman Tony Fernandes has been one of the highlights of my footballing career and I wish the club every success.

"I am confident they will survive in the Premier League this year."

Fernandes thanked Redknapp for "everything he has done for QPR", adding: "We part on good terms and I would personally like to wish him all the best for the future."

Redknapp echoed those sentiments in an interview with the Daily Mail and insisted he had not fallen out with Fernandes because of the club's lack of business on transfer deadline day.

"I haven't got the hump, we haven't had a row," said Redknapp. "I knew some while ago that we were not going to be able to get much done in January.

"We had one real target on the last day, Emmanuel Adebayor, because we are short upfront, but he was too much money. I accept that.

"There are no hard feelings on my part. I've not had a problem with Tony Fernandes in all my time there."

Redknapp said the timing of his decision may look suspicious but added: "I know what people think - that I've been sacked, or stormed off because we couldn't get the players in - but I can't control what people think."

Former QPR player and manager Ray Wilkins said he had no idea of his friend's impending resignation.

"I don't think anyone knew," Wilkins told BBC Radio 5 live, suggesting Redknapp's wife, Sandra, may have been in the dark, too.

Redknapp failed to stop QPR from being relegated to the Championship in 2013 but guided them to promotion the following season.

However, they are struggling again. They have lost all 11 away games in the top flight, the firs club to suffer such a fate since Liverpool in 1953/54.

Their next three fixtures, all in the Premier League, see them host Southampton on Saturday then travel to Sunderland and Hull.

Former Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood is the early odds-on favourite with bookmakers to replace Redknapp.

However, Wilkins noted there were potential candidates among the Loftus Road club's backroom staff, including Glenn Hoddle.

"They have an abundance of quality there in Glenn, Kevin Bond, Joe Jordan, Les Ferdinand," said Wilkins.

"They have got so many guys to choose from and there will obviously be people already putting in their CVs to Tony Fernandes."

Analysis - BBC chief football writer Phil McNulty

"Harry Redknapp looked a beaten man as he explained QPR's failure to secure a selection of transfer deadline day targets such as Emmanuel Adebayor, Aaron Lennon and Matt Jarvis.

"All this came just hours after what now seems like increasingly significant tweets from QPR chairman Tony Fernandes, one starting with 'no more cheque book' and another declaring 'given the right motivation, tactics and coaching we can achieve much more'.

"It hinted at Fernandes' worries and, with Redknapp also requiring major knee surgery, the perfect storm came together to end his latest managerial adventure.

"The 67-year-old got QPR back into the Premier League but 11 straight away defeats hinted at the struggles he was having and no new faces only increased concerns.

"Fernandes gave Redknapp a strident vote of confidence a fortnight ago - but now Redknapp has made that decision for him."

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Good news at least is that Cotterill is pretty awful as a manager at championship level, had a really poor run of defeats at Bristol City.

Can see SHA being top half next year and then sliding into obscurity there after.

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yeah they will have a squad full of 'top, top players' come September ;)

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I think they'll do well next season in the league.  He'll get good results out of them in the short term.  Whether he can get them into the playoffs remains to be seen, and whether he hangs around for more than a season does too.  But as others have said, they need to be careful about what he does to them off the pitch and how much money he makes them spend both in transfers and in contracts.  They're almost so small as a club in comparison to his stature in the game that he could come in and make demands of them and they do it blindly just to keep him happy, and burden themselves in the process...

... which would be just awful.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think they'll do well next season in the league.  He'll get good results out of them in the short term.  Whether he can get them into the playoffs remains to be seen, and whether he hangs around for more than a season does too.  But as others have said, they need to be careful about what he does to them off the pitch and how much money he makes them spend both in transfers and in contracts.  They're almost so small as a club in comparison to his stature in the game that he could come in and make demands of them and they do it blindly just to keep him happy, and burden themselves in the process...

At 70 years old he has got absolytemy no interest in them long term. He won't care about the wages he pays big players or what state he will leave the club. 

I could see this scenario only happening if they don't start well or are not challenging for play offs. 

They will be a lot better next season I am afraid to say

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I think Redknapp with £40m to spend gets Blues into the playoffs.

We've spunked something like £60m this season to finish 12th.

Personally, right now, I'm more worried about our financial future than Blues'.

I **** hate redknapp even more than I hate blues

i hope he signs samba on a £130k a week deal like he did for  qpr nudging them closer to bankruptcy 

12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think Redknapp with £40m to spend gets Blues into the playoffs.

We've spunked something like £60m this season to finish 12th.

Personally, right now, I'm more worried about our financial future than Blues'.

Why? We have money. We've not spent anything that we can't afford. 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Why? We have money. We've not spent anything that we can't afford. 

Because of FFP and what we can lose over a rolling 3 seasons in the Championship.  £60m would do us over, and we've hit that in one season.

Â