Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

9 hours ago, bobzy said:

Because of FFP and what we can lose over a rolling 3 seasons in the Championship.  £60m would do us over, and we've hit that in one season.

You have a point but I think barring the likes of McCormack, elphick and tish we have invested well.

Funny enough we have spent better on smaller signings like bree, hourihane and lansbury. I think all three will be class next season

On 2017-5-9 at 20:58, markavfc40 said:

A big name ? Come on he is hardly a big name is he for what he has achieved in football. He has been out of work for 2 years since leaving that huge club QPR in the shit. He also has the big names of Portsmouth and Bournemouth on his CV another couple of clubs who found themselves with financial woes not long after he walked out the door.

The guy is a charlatan. A good bullshitter who the press love as with his big cockney wide boy gob he can't resist giving them a story. I give him until Christmas before he walks out citing knee trouble, his missus not wanting him to work or his dog needing a hand with his tax returns.

Forgot to respond to this. You forgot yo mention spurs and he also should have got England job in my opinion at the time when he was overlooked for that dinosaur hodgson.

He is a big name and can persuade players to join blose. They are certainly be able to attract better players I think than they would have under someone like Cottrell or Pearson.

But I do hope the last paragraph of your post comes true!

I think he has seen the naivety of the owners and thought bingo I can milk the cash.  

The only owner who looked at his ways of working and thought it will cripple us long term is Levy.  

Harry did a decent job at Spurs to be fair but his way of working was not sustainable long term.  

His other jobs where he could talk the talk to owners.  You only have to look where those clubs are or were after he had left them.

Get the popcorn out as this will be fun.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

So Small Heath have appointed Jeff Vetere as Director of football... some of you might remember Jeff from such footballing highlights as Jean Makoun from his time here.

Triffic 

Oh dear he was hopeless here!

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

Because of FFP and what we can lose over a rolling 3 seasons in the Championship.  £60m would do us over, and we've hit that in one season.

So you've no faith in the owners and their ability to manage the finances.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably skeptical after whats happened in the past under lerner to be fair 

That's the opposite of fair.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

That's the opposite of fair.

I don't agree, if you think about the concerns are there. we blew a lot of money with the intention of going up. we failed miserably this year just like we did under Lerner post mon (even that could be deemed a failure considering we blew champions league)

the warnings are there if we continue to spend recklessly and don't achieve promotion

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no way Blues will get the playoffs under Redknapp. No way.

I'm still amazed that Rowett had them in play off contention, they have a truly awful squad with virtually no quality at all. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't agree, if you think about the concerns are there. we blew a lot of money with the intention of going up. we failed miserably this year just like we did under Lerner post mon (even that could be deemed a failure considering we blew champions league)

the warnings are there if we continue to spend recklessly and don't achieve promotion

That is a very big 'if'. 

21 hours ago, BOF said:

So you've no faith in the owners and their ability to manage the finances.

I think they've gambled (bravely) on us getting promoted very quickly and I'm concerned about what may happen if we don't go up this season.

Blosers being linked with various hasbeens like samba, assou-akou. Please let this happen  these are the kind of signings that he leaves the club in a mess. Gives them big wages on short term deals that the players don't care about and no long term plan for the club 

Birmingham City: Panos Pavlakis steps down from Blues' board of directors

BCFC announced Pavlakis had resigned following a close shave with relegation

Panos Pavlakis has resigned from his place on Birmingham City’s board of directors with immediate effect.

Blues broke the news on Friday morning, revealing that Pavlakis was stepping down to “pursue other opportunities”.

He has also left his role as director of the Birmingham City Ladies, too.

The 140th anniversary at Birmingham City Football Club. Panos Pavlakis with Trevor Francis (Photo: Roy Smiljanic and Birmingham City Football Club)

In a short statement on their website, Blues added: “The club would like to thank Panos for his service and efforts and wishes him the very best for the future.”

Pavlakis was appointed to the board in January 2014 and had also held a similar position on the Birmingham International Holdings board.

During his time at the club, Blues avoided relegation on two occasions, sacked Lee Clark, appointed and sacked Gary Rowett and appointed Gianfranco Zola - and consequently Harry Redknapp.

Click

I actually think he helped Blose a lot so this is actually good news :) God knows who candleface will be liaising with now 

Redknapp sniffing around Robbie Keane according to balls.ie.  That would be a cracking signing for them, so this is bad news in the grand scheme.  Can you imagine him with his guile, technique and intelligence in this league of muppets?

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

Redknapp sniffing around Robbie Keane according to balls.ie.  That would be a cracking signing for them, so this is bad news in the grand scheme.  Can you imagine him with his guile, technique and intelligence in this league of muppets?

Maybe but he is 36 years old, he is a shadow of the player he once was. 

Â