Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I'll be going to this game but the thing is, I'll probably be working in London during the day and coming up by the train. I'll be in a suit so I can pass for a civilian but what will the situation be with regards to trains into Aston from New Street?

I've never used the trains for any derby match as I usually drive up with my dad.

I think trains are usually ok - they normally split the fans (Witton / Aston) - I think! I usually grab from Aston to New Street, then obviously back down here. Done it for a derby before and they definitely split the fans.

What about people who aren't with either set of fans?

I should add that I won't be going back on the train as I'll be driving back with my Dad so that'll be no problem.

Good question!

I tend not to wear too much colour - usually i'll have my Villa shirt in my bag and take it on/off when in the ground.  :thumb:

There will be 38000 Villa fans and 4200 of them. If you are walking down Witton Lane you might see some idiots but everywhere else you will be fine in colours.

We have our own idiots that will be just as bad as theirs.

Just enjoy the game vent your spleen over the course of the game then return to normal after!

They will crawl back into the woodwork soon enough and be forever in our shadow whatever the result we all know that.

I'll be going to this game but the thing is, I'll probably be working in London during the day and coming up by the train. I'll be in a suit so I can pass for a civilian but what will the situation be with regards to trains into Aston from New Street?

I've never used the trains for any derby match as I usually drive up with my dad.

You'll be fine, but may get outed as a non nose, as the only time a blose fan has ever wore a suit, was in court. Make lots of comments about getting off, cus the witnesses knew you were a mega hard lulu warrior, if you get caught up with them on the train.

• Like 3

Love these games, the passion, the rivalry, the hatred, the build up, the atmosphere, the intensity, the tension, the piss taking.

In my eyes its pure class, its tribal. We as fans really come together at times like this. At the ground everyone is buzzing.

You can't beat it. Its what makes football great for me. The neutral will enjoy it.

• Like 1

There will be 38000 Villa fans and 4200 of them. If you are walking down Witton Lane you might see some idiots but everywhere else you will be fine in colours.

We have our own idiots that will be just as bad as theirs.

Just enjoy the game vent your spleen over the course of the game then return to normal after!

They will crawl back into the woodwork soon enough and be forever in our shadow whatever the result we all know that.

Would seriously hope they dont give them the full 4200 , im not sure the segregation at villa park would fit this amount , i would hope they get the usual 3k and no more

What rob said in the draw thread was spot on. This really isn't worth the trouble or risk of harm/damage/fines etc...

No idea why anyone would want to go, I've been to two and it was horrible both times, leaving the ground is not nice. It really isn't worth the anxiety.

Be glad when this has been and gone. Fingers crossed nothing happens.

• Like 1

To me its just nothing more than "banter". Dont care about rivalry in football. Dont even really dislike blues either tbf. (just 0 feelings towards them) This may be something to do with my brother taking me to watch all the games to the LC final when i was young. I hate liverpool/united way way more.

Yes, this for me. I'm from the Black Country and maybe it's because of that, but I don't hate them overly, exactly as gharperr says I hate Liverpool/United/Chelsea far more. I love playing them, though, especially if we win. The atmosphere will be electric, the game should be good, they're even playing some decent football these days. Obviously I'll be in a pit of misery if we lose, but I don't think we will. 

am i the only one that hates villa vs small heath derbys?

the fact that we play the albinos in the same week, its not going to be good, there is no way we will win both game, i'm not even confident of getting a single win from them two games.

we have a lot of foreign lads now who don't understand the importance of the midlands derbys.

Maybe this may work in our favour? Less pressure.

Not missed this fixture home and away for the last 25 years. Home matches are fine - my kids have come with me since they were 4 years old - but even at 12 & 15 i wouldn't entertain taking them to the Sty.

I went to the away fixtures there in the days of Little and Francis and back in the 70's those knuckle draggers thought nothing of attacking families.

Where we live is mainly Blose and even those of a decent social standing are obsessed with us. Typical small club mentality.

• Like 2

Not missed this fixture home and away for the last 25 years. Home matches are fine - my kids have come with me since they were 4 years old - but even at 12 & 15 i wouldn't entertain taking them to the Sty.

I went to the away fixtures there in the days of Little and Francis and back in the 70's those knuckle draggers thought nothing of attacking families.

Where we live is mainly Blose and even those of a decent social standing are obsessed with us. Typical small club mentality.

A trip to the sty is something else. Not saying I condone the more unsavoury aspects of it, but there's certainly a buzz about going there as a Villa fan. Obviously a lot of Villa fans have has some pretty horrible thing happen to them (some mentioned in this thread), and I've witnessed my share of idiots on both sides. Luckily I've never personally experienced anything worse than a few chucked objects and a bit of pavement dancing, the other side of a police cordon.

Edited by dAVe80

What rob said in the draw thread was spot on. This really isn't worth the trouble or risk of harm/damage/fines etc...

No idea why anyone would want to go, I've been to two and it was horrible both times, leaving the ground is not nice. It really isn't worth the anxiety.

Be glad when this has been and gone. Fingers crossed nothing happens.

Never had a problem at Villa Park to be honest. Saying that, I've been in the Holte every time so about as far away from the b-losers as you can get.

At The Sty though, completely the opposite. Will not go again after last time

The term pig dogs is unfair on dogs, and pigs. They're more like worms fed entirely on pig dog shit. There isn't a hatred in world football that comes close. I think it's brilliant that they're so obsessed with us, it'll like kicking a dirty little swamp baby in the nuts before ordering an Executive Uber and going home to caviar and anal sex with a supermodel. Mark my words, we will absolutely **** muller them.

• Like 1

Â