Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

12 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

It's hard to believe we live in a world where Oxford United sit a league above SHA

It really isn't.

Oxford were a decent side back in the 80's whilst SHA were stinking out the 2nd division.

Also, Bolton are a much bigger club than Blues and will surely be favourites to go up. They would have preferred them to have won the final as Oxford wouldn't have sustained it for another season you'd have thought.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

It really isn't.

Oxford were a decent side back in the 80's whilst SHA were stinking out the 2nd division.

Also, Bolton are a much bigger club than Blues and will surely be favourites to go up. They would have preferred them to have won the final as Oxford wouldn't have sustained it for another season you'd have thought.

Blues will be huge favourites to go up I reckon. Huddersfield, Bolton maybe Wrexham and Peterborough will be up there too - but Blues will be the favourites…

…which will make it all the more fun when they fail ;)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

They knocked us out of the League Cup at semi final stage. I was absolutely convinced that was going to be my first visit to Wembley too 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Blues will be huge favourites to go up I reckon. Huddersfield, Bolton maybe Wrexham and Peterborough will be up there too - but Blues will be the favourites…

…which will make it all the more fun when they fail ;)

Huddersfield, Rotherham, Bolton, Peterborough, Barnsley, maybe even Blackpool and Wigan should all be decent competition 🤞

13 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Huddersfield, Rotherham, Bolton, Peterborough, Barnsley, maybe even Blackpool and Wigan should all be decent competition 🤞

Only a few others like Bristol Rovers, Burton, Cambridge, Charlton, Crawley, Exeter, Leyton Orient, Lincoln, Mansfield, Northampton, Reading, Shrewsbury, Stevenage, Stockport, Wigan, Wrexham, Wycombe, apart from those additional few I think you are spot on.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

They knocked us out of the League Cup at semi final stage. I was absolutely convinced that was going to be my first visit to Wembley too 😂

i think they were in my very first panini sticker album!

Had some good players in the 80's - Aldridge, Houghton and Dean Saunders come to mind. 

Always remember the angry look on Malcolm Shotton's face on his sticker

They also used to have 'Wang' as their main sponsor :D 

• Like 1

Have they started building their "£2 or £3 billion' stadium yet?

Its their time remember. 

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

Have they started building their "£2 or £3 billion' stadium yet?

Its their time remember. 

Yes because they want to have 60k crowds against the likes of bristol rovers exeter and Mansfield town.  All those games are going to be rammed to the rafters so they need to ensure its done asap!

I think I saw that building can't begin for another year as the site has to be cleared of Japanese Knotweed

4 hours ago, bielesibub said:

Only a few others like Bristol Rovers, Burton, Cambridge, Charlton, Crawley, Exeter, Leyton Orient, Lincoln, Mansfield, Northampton, Reading, Shrewsbury, Stevenage, Stockport, Wigan, Wrexham, Wycombe, apart from those additional few I think you are spot on.

We should never forget the, “they breaks yer heart factor”. Top at Christmas, miss out on the play offs on goal difference last game. Relegated 12 months later under top boss, super star ex England manager Gareth Southgate who they pay the FA £500k compensation for!! Despite the FA. being on the brink of sacking him for gross incompetence and ruining his suit by crawling around on his knees. 

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think I saw that building can't begin for another year as the site has to be cleared of Japanese Knotweed

Are you serious? Japanese knotweed is almost impossible to get rid of. Its a absolute nightmare.  It always comes back and it grows restlessnessly and quick

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

We should never forget the, “they breaks yer heart factor”. Top at Christmas, miss out on the play offs on goal difference last game. Relegated 12 months later under top boss, super star ex England manager Gareth Southgate who they pay the FA £500k compensation for!! Despite the FA. being on the brink of sacking him for gross incompetence and ruining his suit by crawling around on his knees. 

Ok the FA ever sacking Southgate seems a bit fanciful but the rest is very possible……….mate…..

I don't know the exact timeline but there's definitely a Japanese Knotweed issue on the site, it might be that world already began on it, butI think takes a while to get rid, hence the comments of it taking a least another year. And I've seen their fans talking about those numbers, not Villa fans exaggerating

I'd imagine the construction won't take place yet as they're also yet to appoint an architect, spec out the requirement, get drawings made, sign them off and obtain the necessary planning permissions, or contracted with constructor  - if they were desperate to get started right now, from the position they're currently in you'd expect about eighteen months before you get a shovel in the ground.

I still dont get it. Your teams just been relegated yet instead of investing in the team  they want to focus on building a stadium which is twice the size of the sty (whoxh they cant fill out every week)

i dont see how they can afford to onvest heavily in first team and thia project

They are small fry in comparison to our owners and they wouldnt even spend that sprt of money they talking about

2 hours ago, useless said:

I can’t wait to see a video of an American shouting “THIS IS OUR KNOTWEED!”, while the fans with knobrot whoop and cheer.

• Haha 4

Â