Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

What is a weakened side for us? We could conceivably play...

.................Guzan....................

Bacuna....Richards....Clark.... Richardson

.........Veretout.....Sanchez.............

..................Gil.....................

Adama.............Gabby...............Ayew

And call that a weakened side.

I don't think Tim will play that strong side to be honest. If is going to go for a weakened side I wnat a string bench if things go wrong unlike Notts County when we had a bench of youngsters

I definitely don't want those bloody two at lb and rb they will murder us

No way we should play a full strength team. This result is a no win situation for Villa anyway. 

**** it and **** them. It doesn't matter. 3pts the weekend after means everything. 

I couldn't disagree more. Think back to last season. When did our charge to safety occur? When Sherwood was appointed? No, we suffered two or three disappointing defeats after his appointment. Was it when we beat Albion twice in a week? Yes, it was. 

Those wins gave the team confidence, and created a great atmosphere around the club. Beating Birmingham will do the same. On the other hand, losing to them, especially losing through stupid mistakes and amateur hour performances, will badly damage team confidence. 

Look, normally, at home in the third round of the League Cup, against lower-league opposition, I would never suggest a full-strength side. But this isn't a normal fixture, and Sherwood knows that (just read his quotes on the tie if you don't believe me). He also knows that losing this game would be a quick ticket to sections of the support turning on him, or at least becoming disillusioned. 

Trust me, there's no way we'll play a significantly weakened team in this fixture. None whatsoever. 

I don't think Tim will play that strong side to be honest. If is going to go for a weakened side I wnat a string bench if things go wrong unlike Notts County when we had a bench of youngsters

I definitely don't want those bloody two at lb and rb they will murder us

Have you seen their squad the past couple of years?

No way we should play a full strength team. This result is a no win situation for Villa anyway. 

**** it and **** them. It doesn't matter. 3pts the weekend after means everything. 

I couldn't disagree more. Think back to last season. When did our charge to safety occur? When Sherwood was appointed? No, we suffered two or three disappointing defeats after his appointment. Was it when we beat Albion twice in a week? Yes, it was. 

Those wins gave the team confidence, and created a great atmosphere around the club. Beating Birmingham will do the same. On the other hand, losing to them, especially losing through stupid mistakes and amateur hour performances, will badly damage team confidence. 

Look, normally, at home in the third round of the League Cup, against lower-league opposition, I would never suggest a full-strength side. But this isn't a normal fixture, and Sherwood knows that (just read his quotes on the tie if you don't believe me). He also knows that losing this game would be a quick ticket to sections of the support turning on him, or at least becoming disillusioned. 

Trust me, there's no way we'll play a significantly weakened team in this fixture. None whatsoever. 

I hope your right mate but sherwood is unpredictable you never know

But your are right if sherwood loses this the fans will turn on him

I hope your right mate but sherwood is unpredictable you never know

But your are right if sherwood loses this the fans will turn on him

The "the fans" are an unbridled collection of idiots.

I don't blame them. They are playing well and we haven't kicked on ywt. Think they can beat us if we play a weak side which I am.expecting. this won't be a easy game

Literally zero chance of us going into this with anything other than the strongest side available.

• Like 4

Of all the Managers in the league, Tim IMO is the least likely to field a weakened team for a Derby. We are always told how passionate he is, he will be as up for this as we are.

We will absolutely destroy them.

Small heath reducing their £5 tickets to £1 for a league game to try and get people into the ground...

Tns0ndC.jpg

But I bet the little Scamps would have set tickets prices at about £60 had they been drawn at home for the up coming cup match.

Small heath reducing their £5 tickets to £1 for a league game to try and get people into the ground...

Tns0ndC.jpg

But I bet the little Scamps would have set tickets prices at about £60 had they been drawn at home for the up coming cup match.

To be fair, by all accounts we set some pretty ridiculous prices for away fans. I believe it's about £49, this season for some games.

A decade ago they were charging us £45 to visit the sty.

Yep, I was one of the mugs who paid it. I'd probably pay double that to see us win at the Temple of Doom. I fully understand I'm part of the problem, but maybe we're going a bit off topic.

We haven't yet tonked someone under Sherwood (mainly due to our defence) - just imagine if this was the game.

0-4 at Sunderland?

Oh yeah.

Ok, it's been a while since we've really tonked a team that isn't Sunderland. ;)

Â