Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He seems to have said he will leave on a free in the summer to Celtic so probably freezing him out

O'Hare going up to SPL at this stage of his career, strange one as you'd think a team with limited funds like Everton or Palace would be interested.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

He seems to have said he will leave on a free in the summer to Celtic so probably freezing him out

This seems . . . extremely short-sighted? They had four games to get into the playoffs, it hardly makes sense to take this 'principled stance' in April. In October, sure. 

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Further to my last attempt to use AI in the Arsenal thread, I asked my digital pal to create a picture of Birmingham City Football Club playing to an empty 60,000 seater stadium. This masterpiece is the result:

Birmingham City Football club playing to an empty, dilapidated 100,000 seater stadium with graffiti on the walls

I see they've done the place up! Not so decrepit, now.

• Haha 3

Just looking at their away record, it's the second worst in the league, just three wins and twelve points I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Huddersfield and even Rotherham could beat them. Need Rotherham to be motivated for it though, season over for them, and they might have it somewhere in their minds that it would be better to be relegated with some of the other teams who would perhaps provied less competition for promotion from League One next season

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Further to my last attempt to use AI in the Arsenal thread, I asked my digital pal to create a picture of Birmingham City Football Club playing to an empty 60,000 seater stadium. This masterpiece is the result:

Birmingham City Football club playing to an empty, dilapidated 100,000 seater stadium with graffiti on the walls

Very good but could your pal please change the seat lettering to SOTV. That would be more apt 🙂

6 hours ago, useless said:

Just looking at their away record, it's the second worst in the league, just three wins and twelve points I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Huddersfield and even Rotherham could beat them. Need Rotherham to be motivated for it though, season over for them, and they might have it somewhere in their minds that it would be better to be relegated with some of the other teams who would perhaps provied less competition for promotion from League One next season

Yeah they’re nowhere near home and dry. Hopefully they drop points at Rotherham and lose to Huddersfield. Right in the mire then! 

• Like 1

Just needs one of Sheffield Wednesday or Huddersfield to win next weekend or for these to lose to keep interesting. Obviously if all those things happen even better

7 hours ago, useless said:

Rotherham are poor but they did beat Millwall at home a few weeks ago and only lost late on to Swansea so it will be a close game I think although SHA got more in the final third which will probably be the difference.

It's certainly a game you could see them messing up if they still had Venus as caretaker.

If they don't beat Rotherham though and Huddersfield win their next two then Huddersfield actually go four points clear of SHA with one game left so the situation could still get desperate again going into the final day.

Think Sheff Weds is the best hope at this point. With their fixtures left I think they could get another two wins so SHA would need to get up to 50 points in that scenario.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Rotherham are poor but they did beat Millwall at home a few weeks ago and only lost late on to Swansea so it will be a close game I think although SHA got more in the final third which will probably be the difference.

It's certainly a game you could see them messing up if they still had Venus as caretaker.

If they don't beat Rotherham though and Huddersfield win their next two then Huddersfield actually go four points clear of SHA with one game left so the situation could still get desperate again going into the final day.

Think Sheff Weds is the best hope at this point. With their fixtures left I think they could get another two wins so SHA would need to get up to 50 points in that scenario.

It's very unlikely Huddersfield get two wins on the bounce though, that's why they're down in the mire

11 hours ago, Strog said:

Very good but could your pal please change the seat lettering to SOTV. That would be more apt 🙂

Didn't want to rattle the AI. Mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

Didn't want to rattle the AI. Mate.

Unlike them lot down the road..

mate..

Villa's New-found Expansion (smallheathalliance.com)

What a whopper of a thread this is.🤣

Firstly in shock that part of our name is correctly spelt (or incorrectly according to them) for the topic. Then it's basically bingo card on the first two pages. We're all from Stafford, f*nnys, Villa Park is for Girls (very high IQ posting at this point) and hoping we enjoy our upcoming 40 years of stagnation. Pretty sure they have one top half finish in the championship in about 13 years now or something ridiculous.

Anyway some actual reasonable discussion then briefly breaks into pages 3 and 4 as some points out we should've gobbled up the land for Star City when it was available in the mid 90s as could've easily got a 50-60k ground in that footprint. And we certainly can't fit that type of ground where the Alex Stadium is currently with the lack of access routes in and out.

Have to laugh at this post as they genuinely are believing the hype over this mystical ground. "They'll have to find and sell a grealish every two years and also qualify for Europe every season just to tread water. Sell off their land portfolio, hook the family silver and still fall behind our revenue generating behemoth. "

Think I could just about get by with Europe every year as it certainly hasn't done Spurs any harm being in it for last 14 years and they're missing the point that would make us a huge amount of revenue compared to what we've made in last 20 years.

I know I shouldn't be looking at it but they've been reeled in by the new ownership PR drive so expertly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Villa's New-found Expansion (smallheathalliance.com)

What a whopper of a thread this is.🤣

Firstly in shock that part of our name is correctly spelt (or incorrectly according to them) for the topic. Then it's basically bingo card on the first two pages. We're all from Stafford, f*nnys, Villa Park is for Girls (very high IQ posting at this point) and hoping we enjoy our upcoming 40 years of stagnation. Pretty sure they have one top half finish in the championship in about 13 years now or something ridiculous.

Anyway some actual reasonable discussion then briefly breaks into pages 3 and 4 as some points out we should've gobbled up the land for Star City when it was available in the mid 90s as could've easily got a 50-60k ground in that footprint. And we certainly can't fit that type of ground where the Alex Stadium is currently with the lack of access routes in and out.

Have to laugh at this post as they genuinely are believing the hype over this mystical ground. "They'll have to find and sell a grealish every two years and also qualify for Europe every season just to tread water. Sell off their land portfolio, hook the family silver and still fall behind our revenue generating behemoth. "

Think I could just about get by with Europe every year as it certainly hasn't done Spurs any harm being in it for last 14 years and they're missing the point that would make us a huge amount of revenue compared to what we've made in last 20 years.

I know I shouldn't be looking at it but they've been reeled in by the new ownership PR drive so expertly.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rotherham sacked Leam Richardson so think we can rule out them taking anything v SHA. 

Does it make any difference really? They've been rubbish with him in charge, maybe the combination of relegation confirmed and rubbish manager gone will free them up. 

If there's any club that might struggle against them it's Birmingham, although I don't think Rotherham stood a chance with Richardson, and not sure it makes much of a difference without him. 

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Does it make any difference really? They've been rubbish with him in charge, maybe the combination of relegation confirmed and rubbish manager gone will free them up. 

If there's any club that might struggle against them it's Birmingham, although I don't think Rotherham stood a chance with Richardson, and not sure it makes much of a difference without him. 

Think it's more a case of some of the squad playing for contracts if he was confirmed for next season to lead the league 1 promotion charge. Now they'll just all want to go on holiday under whoever is their caretaker for the final three games.

It's a strange one. They were as good as down when he took over and he has a promotion from league 1 with Wigan. Guess fans haven't taken to his style of Football?

• Thanks 1

Â